Ramseys meet with Boulder D.A.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Little

Little Member

Ramseys meet with Boulder D.A.

By Charlie Brennan, Rocky Mountain News
    February 2, 2006
    John and Patsy Ramsey were in Boulder on Wednesday and met with District Attorney Mary Lacy to discuss the status of the investigation into the unsolved murder of their daughter JonBenet, according to a published report.
    The Boulder Daily Camera reported in its Thursday edition that JonBenet's parents were in Colorado to visit John Andrew Ramsey, John Ramsey's son from his first marriage. While in the area, the newspaper reported, the Ramseys visited with Lacy, who took control of the Ramsey investigation from the Boulder Police Department in December 2002.

"I'm not talking," was all Lacy would say of the meeting when contacted this morning.

Lin Wood, the Ramsey's Atlanta-based lawyer, was not immediately available for comment.

Former assistant Boulder District Attorney Bill Wise knew of no details of the Lacy-Ramsey meeting.

"I am surprised to learn that they were in Boulder, Wise said. "The fact that they met with the district attorney would indicate to me that they were comfortable with the fact that they aren't the focus of the current investgiation."

JonBenet, 6, was found beaten and strangled with a garrotte in the basement of the Ramsey's Boulder home the afternoon of Dec. 26, 1996, about seven hours after Patsy Ramsey reported finding a note demanding $118,000 for the safe return of their daughter.

The Ramseys were declared to be "under the umbrella of suspicion" by Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner, but a 13-month grand jury investigation concluded in October 1999 with no indictments having been returned.

Patsy Ramsey, 49, has battled several recurrences of ovarian cancer in the years since her youngest child's death, and her condition last year had many friends concerned how much longer she could fight the disease. But she has rallied again in recent months.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4435845,00.html

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Mary Lacy's "I'm not talking" says it all. She hasn't said a word about the JBR case in years, because her main focus is to keep it buried under a lot of BS intruder crap.

If this isn't a classic case of a DA being in bed with the enemy, I don't know what is. DA Lacy ought to be slapped out of office. She is a disgrace.

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Hahaha WY, that was what jumped out at me, as well.

Keenan has drunk the coolaide and she's got the Ram spin down Pat! (hahaha there I go with the puns again)

Not to mention...the "NOT TALKING" SYNDROME....

Wonder if the CDC knows about this condition? They might want to investigate it. Maybe it's like the bird flu, and all the people who have it appear irrational and can't talk straight to save their lives.....

Because I was reading at the swamp yesterday, and good lord! Anybody who thinks those people are not "spreading misinformation" and have one full brain among them...must have drunk the coolaide, too!

Poor evening2...she's about ready for restraints. She just speculates and then...BAM! It's proven fact and someone should dig up McReynolds and arrest him!

But I am SPEWING over DocG's performance of late. Good god. Is he a member here still? PEE YEW. He's over there sucking up to jams like he's going to SOLVE THE CASE! All with jams' help. Only, he's really just trying once again to push his "John did it all and poor Patsy is so duped and martyred" theory, pretending--a little--that he's not. And if he thinks jams is going to tell him anything that inculpates a Ramsey, he's nuttier than they are. Jams only has what she knows that she hasn't told left. She ain't about to give it away. I imagine jams is waiting for Patsy to die so she can sell some of that "inside info" once again.... DocG is dreaming. Or hallucinating.

But it's fun to watch DocG grovel, anyhow. hehehe

No, the DA's Office isn't focusing on the Rams anymore, we knew that. But they aren't focusing on any INTRUDER, either, are they? Nope. Old detective Bennett came and went...not a clue. New detective Kolar...he's just trying to get through the case file...and figure out what to do with dirty underwear from N.C. OH, yeah, he's going to break the case in under 10 more years!

Keenan is as big a farce as Hunter was.

:verdict:

4. Watching You

DocG hasn't yet realized that jameson doesn't do anything that doesn't benefit her before anyone else.

5. Thor

Thor Active Member

Maybe I better not continue here on this because I'm not in a happy mood, but wtf is up with Mary Keenan Lacey-:(:(:(? When is ANYONE going to come clean in this case? It's been 9 years now! Stop it already!

And the *** Limp Wood, what is he doing inserting his heinie in this situation involving the murder here? I thought he was a civil attorney. Go back to your damned horse Limp.

As for Patsy "rallying" on against her cancer fight, she is the Antichrist. Sorry for the rant, but Thor is not happy.

6. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks for posting this, Little. I wonder what's taking place? I'm sure D.A. Keenan Lacy offered the Ramseys coffee and cookies, with a smile, and told them she is taking good care of the them, and everything is under control.

7. Elle

Elle Member

DocG was here, and we all had a tangle with him KK. You say he's now posting at Jameson's. Maybe no one else would take him because of his rude behaviour (?).

8. Watching You

Oh my, Thor, you really are not happy. I hope it's just an off day and not something serious.

9. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

O.K. I’m going out on a limb here, but I think differently from the majority.

Just think about it. The Ramsey’s are not noted for breezing by the D.A.’s office for chitchat. In fact, they have kept themselves as far away from the Boulder authorities as possible. I think there is more to this story than meets the eye.

Even if Mary Lacy is Pro-Ram- case-all-zipped-up-and-filed away, the Rams are not going to stop by her office for any other reason than something has come up, legally compelling them to make an appearance.

If their visit is so benign, Lyn Woods would be out front and yelling how their appearance at the D.A.’s office is just to “tie up some loose ends,†or to “just to drop by because they are in town.â€

Another thing. How did the Boulder News learn of this? It seems to me that the Ram’s would not want one iota of publicity at this point in time. Unless, they are getting ready for a grand play, producing “more evidence†so as to clear their names.

However, I think it’s more likely that some new bit of real evidence has emerged (that perhaps the Boulder Bar Association, or the State of Colorado has obtained) and is demanding Mary Lacy to investigate. If it were something like that, she would have to go forward, regardless of her heretofore “do nothing†stance, and call the Ram’s in for questioning.

Naturally, the Ram’s would say that they just dropped by, because they were in town visiting their son. Whenever have we known of them just dropping by, ever so casually, to visit the D.A.? Think about it. Something is brewing. I can feel it. Yes, I can. (Now, you can laugh, but I am serious.) Yes, I am.

GL
    :leaf:

10. Watching You

Greenie, not too long ago, the new investigator said he was going to read all the case materials and he wanted to talk to the Ramseys, as well. I think this may be related. I also can see the Ramseys feeling all warm and fuzzy with Mary Keenan Lacy, since she has publicly said she believes an intruder killed JB. I doubt very much that the Boulder Bar Association has ordered Lacy to do anything, but, if so, why would she be sharing the evidence with the Ramseys? They wouldn't be there for questioning without an attorney, for sure, so I have to believe it's all for show.

11. Watching You

Well, I guess I shouldn't have questioned why Lacy would be sharing evidence with the Ramseys. After all, that's what the BDA's office does, isn't it?

12. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Did he get banned?

13. Watching You

Did who get banned?

14. Watching You

http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/county_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2423_4435316,00.html

Ramseys visit county DA Lacy
    Attorney: Family checked status of murder case

By Eric Schmidt, Camera Staff Writer
    February 2, 2006

John and Patsy Ramsey met Wednesday afternoon with Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy, whose office is investigating the unsolved killing of their daughter, JonBenet.

The couple was in Denver to see John Ramsey's son John Andrew Ramsey, said the family's Atlanta attorney, L. Lin Wood. He said the Ramseys paid a "social visit" to Lacy "simply to say hello and check in with her on the status of the investigation."

"They had a very nice meeting with Mary, and she continues to believe this case will be solved by DNA evidence," Wood said late Wednesday.

A DNA sample found on JonBenet's underwear has been checked against the FBI's national database without success. Investigators said the sample, which was entered into the database in 2003, is from a male who is not a member of the Ramsey family.

"They understand that the DA's office continues to see the case as a DNA case that will be solved — hopefully sooner as opposed to later — by getting a match," Wood said.

Lacy would not comment on the meeting.

Six-year-old JonBenet was found beaten and strangled in the basement of her parents' University Hill home on Dec. 26, 1996.

Suspicion in the girl's death initially focused on John and Patsy Ramsey — who accused police of ignoring other suspects. A grand jury investigation ended in 1999 with no indictments.

Lacy's office took over the investigation from Boulder police in December 2002. The next year, Lacy publicly agreed with a judge in a civil lawsuit that evidence supports the theory that an intruder killed JonBenet.

The Ramseys moved from Boulder to Atlanta after their daughter's death, and later to Michigan, where John Ramsey made an unsuccessful bid for the state Legislature in 2004.

Patsy Ramsey underwent chemotherapy last spring for a fourth bout with ovarian cancer.

"She has had a difficult last year and a half," Wood said Wednesday. "But she has truly made a remarkable recovery right now and is doing very well, obviously well enough to travel."

Jim Kolar, chief investigator at the Boulder County District Attorney's Office and lead supervisor of the Ramsey case, said Wednesday that he knew the couple was in town but had no plans to meet with them.

"I haven't seen them," he said.

Kolar, who took over the investigation last year, said there are no significant developments in the case.

"I'm still looking at leads that come in, and I'm still getting up to speed on all the documents," he said.

Boulder County Sheriff Joe Pelle and Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner said they didn't know the Ramseys were in town Wednesday.

Neither did Bill Wise, who was assistant Boulder district attorney for 28 years until retiring in 2001.

"I don't know why they're here," he said. "I've been retired five years. I don't think they've been in Boulder since then."

Camera staff writers Vanessa Miller and Christine Reid contributed to this report.

15. Watching You

Gag. I don't trust Mary Lacy as far as I can throw her. On second thought, I can throw her quite a ways if I'm in a mood.

I don't trust her at all.

16. Thor

Thor Active Member

WY, nothing serious, just a bad mood. And I don't trust Keenan either. So it was a social visit, hmmm? "Hi Mary, how are you? Fine, I've beat that cancer again, thank you. Oh by the way, have you found the killa yet?"

BS that this will be solved sooner rather than later.

17. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I am shocked they weren't introduced to Jim Kolar while they were in town. Really. What's up with that.

18. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

I wonder what John Andrew is still doing in Boulder.

Hasn't he graduated yet?

19. Karen

Karen Member

The article said John Andrew was in Denver, not Boulder. I thought he was married now with a baby? Looks like the rift between the DA'a office and the police still hasen't been mended. Mark Beckner didn't know they were in town?That blows me away. The only thing I can think of is that maybe they stopped by unannounced?

20. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

Thanks for pointing that out to me, Karen. I'm surprised he's in Colorodo at all. Where did you hear that he was married with a baby?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice