How many alleles?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by icedtea4me, Feb 4, 2006.

1. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

How many of JonBenet's alleles (i.e. DNA markers) were in the spot of her blood in the underwear she was found wearing? The reason why I'm asking is because since this "intruder" left his DNA at the same time JonBenet did, according to the RST, then both samples should contain the same number.

-Tea

2. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I assume all of them.

3. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Then that would be 13 alleles, right Punisher? Therefore, since both JonBenet and the "intruder" deposited DNA at the same time, then there should be 13 "intruder" alleles in her underwear and 13 under each of her nails with which she used to "fight the intruder", (because even John Ramsey himself expressed doubt in DOI that this actually happened).

-Tea

4. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Tea,

I may be all wrong here as I usually am but the number of alleles or markers wasn't enough at the beginning to have this put into the FBI's Codis system. I think that requires 10 or more so is that an answer for you? Less than 10. But then I think they may have found another one (I'm speaking here in a foreign territory) so they were able to list in in Codis.

5. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Yes, I was well aware of that, zoomama. I was just being snarky towards the "Look! There's foreign DNA left by the intruder!" bunch. :)

-Tea

6. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

There weren't enough alleles, but it smelled of Mexican food. That's foreign, right?

7. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

8. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Should, but don't!

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Should, but isn't.

What was the gist of that article, Green?

10. Greenleaf

Punisher

That URL didn't work. Sorry. So, I just copied it.
    From the DENVER POST; Feb. 3, '06:

"Handful" of tips in JonBenét death keep trickling in
    By Mike McPhee
    Denver Post Staff Writer

Boulder - More than nine years after the slaying of 6-year-old JonBenét Ramsey, amateur sleuths continue to supply investigators with a steady stream of tips and ideas.

"We still get e-mails and little things mailed to us almost weekly," said Jim Kolar, who inherited the infamous unsolved murder case when he was promoted to chief investigator of the Boulder district attorney's office in July.

"There have been only a handful of things that we've actively pursued, just a small percentage of everything that comes in."

John and Patsy Ramsey, the girl's parents, were in Boulder on Wednesday to visit John's son, John Andrew Ramsey; to have lunch with their local attorneys; and to pay a visit to Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy. The couple live in Charlevoix, Mich., where they have maintained a home for more than 10 years.

Kolar said his office is still in the process of reviewing the "handful" of items and wouldn't comment on their significance.

One item the office received, which the supermarket tabloid magazines exploited, was a small rectangular weaving loom for making hot pads. The sender

Advertisement

wrote there was a connection between the loom and the murder.

Before dawn Dec. 26, 1996, the Ramseys called authorities to say their daughter was missing and they had found a handwritten ransom note for roughly $118,000. Hours after Boulder police secured the house, John Ramsey found his daughter's body in the basement.

A prolonged investigation failed to produce a suspect, although for a time Boulder officials said the parents were under an "umbrella of suspicion." A grand jury in 1999 failed to deliver even a report, and the case grew cold.

The family and Lacy, who was elected in 2002, have focused on the theory that an intruder committed the killing.

Staff writer Mike McPhee can be reached at 303-820-1409 or mmcphee@denverpost.com.

RETURN TO TOP

All contents Copyright 2006 The Denver Post or other copyright holders. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed for any commercial purpose.

Denver Post Ethics Policy
    Terms of use | Privacy policy

Privacy Policy

11. Greenleaf

I am tempted

to email the author of the above article (Mike McPhee) my "Death Of Lady Justice In Colorado." What do you think?

Maybe not.

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Sounds like another election bid to me!

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Thanks!

Another election bid? Please! The first one was quite enough for me!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice