1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Someone recently posted here what an asset you are to this case, and I hope you know many people feel that way. Your contribution to the forums of reasoned and fact-based information are really unparalleled.

So I wanted to say thank you.

Another thing I wanted to say is...uh...I believe why_nut is a woman. I might be misremembering...but I do think she once told us so. Since I notice many address why_nut with male pronouns, thought maybe I'm the one getting it wrong. Perhaps he/she would "enlighten" us?

As to her imminent banishment from the swamp, hahaha, we know that's coming, don't we? Jams ain't putting up with nobody showing up the swampsters' many mistakes and disinformation for long. :whipit:

About that SNOW argument. I posted this several times recently and it's old stuff, and I don't know if it's worth repeating in the scope of the swamp argument in progress, as the RST just discounts witness statements from the officer on the scene because they don't like it, so why would the amount of snow on the cement around the house 16 hours before matter in their debate, but there are a couple of book sources that say Nanny Brady said she talked to Patsy Ramsey on Christmas Day AFTERNOON, and Patsy said John was shoveling the drive/walks so JonBenet could ride her bicycle.

Anyhow...why_nut, I know you're a member here, so if you'd like to clear up your gender, thanks. If not...that's ok, as well, not trying to be nosy or anything.

And again, thanks for all you do for the murdered child abandoned by her parents so long ago.

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Well, that's a good thing, KK, because I thought Why_Nut was a woman, too, but everyone has been calling her a he, so I thought I must be wrong.

Anyway, you can put all the little heads at the swamp together and they still wouldn't make a tiny patch on Why_Nut's superior intelligence.

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

If WhyNut has a good reason to keep his identity secret, *he* isn't going to give away any clues...

I'm sure he doesn't care whether anyone thinks he's male or female anyway. I know I don't. However, there is one thing about WhyNut which I think is a big clue to gender and that is why I always refer to him as "he".

4. Elle

Elle Member

I would like to thank Why_Nut too, for all the intelligent information posted over the years. I have seen your name around for a long time.

:toast:

5. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Thanks, dudes and dude-esses. You got my back, and I appreciate it.

My interest in this case is specifically in following it to a conclusion. I have followed true-crime cases since the first time I read about Jack the Ripper and Zodiac. When technology advanced enough to allow for following cases through something other than just books, I followed that advance. Court TV was a breakthrough for me. I have videotapes of hours of the Menendez trial, because it was on that case that I flourished in paying attention to the details of forensic minutiae. The OJ trial became a cakewalk in listening to Robin Cotton speak for days about alleles. The process of achieving justice is fascinating to me. I have the tools to follow this case, the sustained energy to use those tools, and the process does not interfere with all the other aspects of my life. I have found that my skills at being able to learn from, and then predict, human behaviors have been honed to a knife edge. I have taken the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of database research in a way I would not have otherwise. My ability to wrangle multimedia is far beyond anything I ever started out having. And because I have achieved such personal benefit, it is in my character to turn that which I have obtained into something that I can give back to the global community. Whether anyone values that contribution is up to the person deciding the value, but at least I have made a small effort.

As some of you have lately seen over at That Other Forum, I have been accused of being heartless and hateful. You know what? A person is not heartless simply because of the ability to put aside heart and emotion and get a job done. Meyer was not dripping tears on JonBenet's body when he was cutting her vagina into slices for microscopic examination. Lou Smit did not walk around the scene of JonBenet's death with his hands shaking uncontrollably with hate for her killer. John Ramsey did not vomit on the ransom note or the telephone from which he made arrangements for the ransom. People do have the ability to suck it up and put aside their own emotional reactions when they have a motive to get something done that they very much want done. I am a person on the internet. What tears I shed cannot ever be sent through DSL. (Fact: I bawl like a baby every single time I read the story of pets and the Rainbow Bridge.) But I can bring thoughts and informed opinions to computer screens, and if those thoughts appear heartless, well, blame the heartless facts that contribute to them.

My pen name's genesis arose from my essential approach to the area of true crime cases. In all cases, there is evidence, of all different kinds, whether forensic or character or circumstantial. And the questions to be asked about each piece of evidence, when it is being used in the name of achieving justice in a case, is both Why and Why Not. Why should this evidence be given weight in this case? Why Not discount this other piece of evidence? And a case is brought to justice when the ultimate answer is arrived at, which is Because. Because the evidence shows beyond a reasonable doubt or with a preponderance of the evidence that so-and-so had the opportunity, had the motive, had something to gain, had the will, had the ability, had the desire. When a case can convincingly get to Because; that is what I seek.

6. Watching You

I wouldn't be too concerned about The Other Forum calling you heartless and hateful. That's what they always do when they can't refute the facts.

7. Watching You

Just so you know, you are welcome to refute all their fluff here when (likely) and if (NA) you are banned from there.

8. Why_Nut

Ironically, I am accused of being heartless on the one hand, and then on the other hand they are counting on me having so much heart that I would be upset and emotional at being called heartless. And how is that supposed to work, again?

9. Watching You

I am beyond trying to figure out what makes the swamp dwellers tick, Why-Nut. My brain doesn't compute nonsensical thoughts. They still don't know the difference between opinion and fact. What they call evidence is not.

But, when you get them figured out, you let me know. I really think that forum would be a psychologist's dream.

10. Elle

Elle Member

That was one terrific post, Why_Nut! I have been told I can handle an emergency, and I look at this in the same way you do. I may have a reaction two days later, but as you said above: A person is not heartless simply because of the ability to put aside heart and emotion and get a job done.
    For the want of a shoe, the horse was lost.

11. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I love Why_Nut.

When I grow up I want to be as smart and cool as Why_Nut and Kold Kase.

12. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Me too!

13. Jayelles

Why_nut roolz. I cannot imagine a bawling Why_Nut.

Attached Files:

14. koldkase

:spit:

Did I just get mentioned in the same sentence with Why_Nut?

::shocked2

Well...I might have to get sober...maybe...to accept my "Mentioned in the Same Sentence with Why_Nut" award!

Let me think about it....

Hm. I feel like I should PAR TEE!

:genie: :martini:

But...Why_Nut is risking becoming a guttah gossip...with that kind of publicity...so...I don't know....

:glug:

But it does sound like Why_Nut is a woman...with the rainbow comment and all.... :tipsy:

Ok then! :hood:

15. Jayelles

Could be a double bluff....A red herring ... heh heh heh...

WooHoo. Don't you just love a mystery? I prefer the mystery to the solution. When I was a little girl I used to lie in bed at night and try to guess what a shiny object was that I could see a little bit of on top of the wardrobe. I never looked because I liked to guess.

Thrill of the chase.

16. Why_Nut

17. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

So are you going to reveal the "one thing," Jay? Nah, of course not. LOL

WhyNut already knows of my admiration for his/her intelligence and sleuthing skills.

18. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I meant to say, When I grow up I want to be Why_Nut, KoldKase AND Cherokee!!!!

19. koldkase

Well, of course men can shed tears.

But they don't TALK about it, now do they? :sleuth:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: OK! I GIVE! UNCLE! UNCLE! You're out of my league--the guttah league, that is! You MIGHT be a man!

I followed your link, and you could have at least warned us!

What a suicide thread that is! Those poor, sad, pitiful men! TALKING ABOUT CRYING! I'm in my car driving around looking for a high bridge as I type! :puffy:

Poor SKIPPY! :eek:

And a Mozart mass on a fall day with sleeping angels in the back seat! :violin:

And Linda Ronstadt and Hank Williams! :yow:

And crying daddies all over! :-(

AND WOMEN MAKING THEM CRY! :yuck:

I can't take the pressure, Tricia! Take me off your list, please, I'm just a simple guttah gossip low life scum sucker! I'M BEGGING YOU!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[aside]

(Why_Nut, I had no idea GK had this online now! I used to read his Mr. Blue column years ago on a popular online news site, but this is fabulous! Thanks so much for linking to it! Now if you could only link YOUR website jams mentioned, I'd be even more grateful.)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  20. Watching You

Sniff

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice