History Lesson For Dummies

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Barbara, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

If I read one more time that the Ramseys didn't commit this crime mainly because there is no "history" of ................whatever, I will just scream!

For the umpteenth time:

Before one can have a HISTORY, there has to be a FIRST time

History is only relevant if it has been DOCUMENTED by someone, somewhere. Otherwise there is NO history!

It defies logic that some people refuse to acknowledge these facts.

People who are dysfunctional or disturbed, or stressed out, or whatever make up the majority of people and are not DOCUMENTED anywhere.

The courts and jails are full of people with NO HISTORY!

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Scott Peterson had no history.

3. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Also, the "has no history" mantra ( :) ) seems to disappear as a reason to consider a person innocent when intruder theorists like to target White, or McReynolds, or Wolf. They also had no histories of mental disease, no histories of financial difficulties or relationships to Child Services, and certainly no criminal histories relating to violence in any way, yet there are those Over Yonder who jump to say "Fleet did it" or "Bill McReynolds did it."

Yet Jay Elowsky is given as free a pass by these same people as the Ramseys, despite having quite a history indeed. History of violence? Check. History of needing John Ramsey to loan him money, when any ordinary businessman of his level should have been able to get it officially from the bank if there were no problems with his finances? Check. History of extremely bad relationships with women? Check.

So, "has no history" counts when it exonerates the Ramseys, but only when it exonerates them. "Has no history" does not count when it exonerates everyone else. "Has a history" counts when the Ramseys want to consider a person a suspect who is not their friend, like Helgoth or Jesse McReynolds. "Has a history" does not count when the Ramseys consider a person their friend, like Jay Elowsky.

4. Barbara

We should all know better by now. Why should the history be any different from any of the other fabrications made to exonerate the Ramseys while including the rest of the world.

The DNA, handwriting, etc. has "cleared" the Ramseys over yonder, but makes no difference that the DNA and handwriting has also "cleared" the others who continue to be named as real "suspects".

But like everything else over there, the explanations for it all are appalling!

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

:yay: :yay:

Thank you, Barbara. That "no history" crap makes me want to drop kick them clear to Iraq.

No murderer has a history of killing people until he murders his first victim and gets convicted for it.

I'd say the Ramseys might have a history, today.

6. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

You know, I heard somewhere that LHP thought Patsy beat JB. Maybe I was misinformed.

7. Barbara

I have never heard that Patsy hit either of her children; however, it was rumored that her "friends" were planning some sort of intervention for Patsy to take it a little easier on JBR regarding the pageants.

Don't know how true that is, but that is the only thing I ever heard regarding Patsy's treatment of either of her kids

8. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Lizzie Borden

Lizzie Borden didn't have a HISTORY either.

:leaf:
    GL

9. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

:floor:

You goooooooooooooo Greenie...I agree!

Neither did Andrea Yeates, neither did David Westerfield, neither did Darlie Routier...but the sweet babies are all still dead.

10. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Susan Smith....Diane Downs...

11. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I'll go to my grave swearing I haven't killed anyone.

12. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

AMEN to that, Barbara!

I get so sick and tired of the "no history" Ramsey alibi from the RST. It's such a crock. I loved what Greenleaf pointed out ... that Lizzie Borden didn't have a "history" either ... and also she came from a nice, respectable family.

People have no idea what goes on behind closed doors, and they also have no idea just how dysfunctional most people are behind their best facades. We all use different coping techniques and learned behaviors to get through life, trying to paper over the reality of our psychological condition. The healthiest among us develop a sense of humor to make sense of a world that is quite mad.

Those who claim to have perfect equalibrium in this life are self-delusional at best and liars at worst. That's why the "perfect" life and family claimed by the Ramseys (and their blind followers) is such a hideous fallacy ... because NO ONE has that kind of perfection in this life. And if they'll lie about that ... what other kind of delusions would they have us believe?

13. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I think that's pretty much true, Cherokee, to a greater or lesser degree, depending on the person. I've always said that what you see with me is what you get - I don't pretend, but I admit I talk to myself more behind doors than I do in public. :laffbig:

What really amazes me is the pathos we see on the forums, and I suppose in chat rooms - (I don't use chat rooms). Who is that person on the other side of the computer screen? Sometimes I think the behind-the-doors person comes out (the real person), and sometimes I think it's the public facade person (fake person) who's there. But, who's to really know? We all know that people pretend to be what they are not - point in case: pedophiles who prey on kids online.

Take someone like Rainsong or Candy. There is no way anyone would want their public personna to be like theirs, so they are probably in their behind-the-door personnas because they feel as if they are alone and private, sitting in front of that computer screen. They really must be pitiful creatures. I'll bet, though, that in their public lives, they project a different personna. Cranky is probably decent enough at her job, but behind closed doors? Watch out. Then again, maybe she's just a b!tch no matter where she is. I can't see her lasting long in her job, though, if she is a witch to the students and faculty.

So, while everyone has a private, behind-the-doors personna and a public personna, there are all different degrees. Like, if I feel like being a chithead one day, I'm a chithead no matter where I am, haha. The difference between the Candys/Rainslops and me is... I'm sane.

14. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

:wyhero:

15. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Does one need "history" to be responsible for a tragic accident? I believe that if the Ramseys are involved in Jonbenet's death, then it was a tragic accident. Possibly, their greater sin would have been covering it up in which case it is not a history of violence that we should be looking for - but a history of covering up "personal messes".

We KNOW John Ramsey has a history of lying to cover his backside.

16. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

And John has used Patsy in the past to clean up his messes...remember the girlfriend when they were dating and Mr. CEO was hiding behind the door?

17. Cherokee

Exactly. The level of dysfunction can vary greatly from person to person. We all have our quirks and that's what makes life interesting. But one person's quirk can become another person's full-blown disorder if it is present in the extreme.

For example, attention to detail and "obsessiveness" about cutting out all of a tumor is good and necessary in a surgeon, but that same obsessive-compulsive tendency left unchecked is what makes a person with excessive OCD wash their hands continually or check and re-check doors. Some of that trait is hard-wired in the brain but the extreme version is usually rooted in phobias and neurosis which is a result of a dysfunctional response to the outside world.

As mentioned, there are some on the forums, just as in "real life," who exhibit their extremely dysfunctional selves for all to see. A person does wonder how they are able to function within the social constructs of life beyond the computer screen.

18. Elle

Elle Member

You beat me to it, Moab. This was the line that made me laugh out loud. :floor:

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Watching You
    Like, if I feel like being a chithead one day, I'm a chithead no matter where I am, haha
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

As for Rainsong, I'm pleased to see almost everyone feels the same way about her, as I did a few years back. So there was something wrong with her after all (?). I thought her love for John Douglas may have changed her for the better (?).

19. Elle

Elle Member

In this case, Jay, unfortunately it ended up as murder, and not as something easily covered up, and yet they still got away with it (?).

20. Cherokee

And that is what the RST will not acknowledge ... that it's possible what happened to JonBenet WAS a tragic accident with roots in family dysfunction. As you mentioned, we know John Ramsey has covered up the truth in the past ... and as Moab pointed out, Patsy has, too. There is a pattern of behavior, and these are just a couple of examples we know about. What else is there we don't know?

On another level, we know Patsy strove to present the model of the perfect family and perfect life. She stretched the truth to make herself, her husband and her children look more successful than they really were. For example, in her 1996 Christmas letter, Patsy tried to give the impression JonBenet was excelling at her "Core Knowledge" school ..."She has already been moved ahead to first grade math" ... yet at six-years-old, she couldn't read the Christmas name tags of her own family.

Patsy wanted others to believe JonBenet was gifted when in reality, JonBenet probably fell within the average range of intelligence. For some reason, Patsy felt she had to "cover up" JonBenet's averageness just as she had to cover up JonBenet's dishwater-blonde hair with dyed highlights.

Yes, there is a history of cover up ... and not just of "personal messes" but also of perceived imperfection.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice