Jameson's project

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Why_Nut, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Ah-ha, so this is the mysterious Ramsey project Sue Bennett is working on. Her mention that it has been copyrighted yet is not finished, combined with my getting around to checking out the Copyright Office's search functions, reveals that this epic, groundbreaking project is:

A PLAY.

Registration Number: PAu-2-954-855
    Title: Jon Benet project : a play.
    Description: 1 v.
    Claimant: acSusan I. Bennett , 1951- (acJameson, pseud.)
    Created: 2005
    Special Codes: 3/D

To see for yourself, go to http://www.copyright.gov/records/cohm.html . From there, I happened to choose the Combined Search button, entered Bennett, Susan in the text box, and on the displayed results, chose the Bennett, Susan I below Bennett, Susan Herron and above the Susan J.

So, no book. No documentary. No video. No hard-hitting factual presentation which will blow the minds of the public and break wide the case. A play.

A ROFL icon might work here, but this forum needs a smiley of Jon Lovitz shouting "ACTING!!!" instead to be appropriate.

2. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

A big thank you to you Why_Nut

Just when I thought there was nothing left to laugh about in this case.

A play.........oh my :laughup:

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

A question

Does this mean the play is written already ... or just that the concept of the play has been registered?

I wonder if it will start with the shower vision....?

EDITED TO ADD: I wonder if she deliberately mis-spelt Jonbenet's name?

4. Why_Nut

According to the rules, "Copyright does not protect ideas, concepts, systems, or methods of doing something," so she had to have submitted two copies of the written play itself as a work of art to the Library of Congress.

5. Elle

Elle Member

Of course, nothing here gives away the nature of Jameson's play, does it? Surely, Jameson would not write a play about the actual murder of JonBenét? Not after the law suits Lin Wood dished out (?). I need to hear more.

6. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Rofl!

This has to be the most ridiculous item of the day...jameson a playwright!

Now all she has to do is find a producer.

Broadway--here she comes!!!

7. Barbara

If I were a guessing person, my bet would be that this "play" in no way will offend the Ramseys or incur the wrath of Lin Wood.

I would venture a guess that the play likely deals with the (ahem) "persecution" of the parents AFTER the murder of JonBenet. It would likely include the internet personality who started a website for the Ramseys' and their supporters and will also focus on much of the self proclaimed investigative works to "discredit" those such as Foster, Thomas and others who have dared to disagree with the Ramsey spin on things.

Of course, all of the above are guesses, but after many years of reading the personality of the "writer", I would be very very very surprised if somehow the main idea isn't to somehow make herself a "personality" for FAME, rather than the present label of "infamous" lol

Lots of self back patting would be my guess

Maybe she wants to do as well as the writers of South Park and Family Guy who dealt with the Ramsey issue. Only the play won't nearly be as clever as those shows (or as accurate :) )

8. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Where, oh where is Max Bialystock when we really need him?

This is a joke! A bad one! It's gonna be a love letter to the Rams!

What will we name it?

(With fancy musical flourish) "Springtime for Patsy..."

Anyone know where to get eggs wholesale? Or better yet, overripe tomatoes?

9. Barbara

:rotfl:

10. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Under the chickens' posteriors...and in the field or at the grocer's back door.

11. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

It would be most wonderful if the part of Patsy was played by an older drag queen with a penchant for flourishes and big hair.

12. Why_Nut

In the light of knowing what this "project" is, Sue's sheer arrogance astounds me when I go back and see her say in reference to it, "I am waiting for the killer to be exposed. Doing all I can to help - - maintaining this site and working on a project I hope will one day force the subject into national discussion again."

NATIONAL discussion? Of a small community-theater play?

Okay, time to break out the :floor:

Edited to add: FORCE?!?!

13. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

I don’t know about this exposing thing. Back in April of 2001,
    still swearing she did not write the "Patricia Letters", JamNut
    proclaimed "PATRICIA has been found!" She went on to say she had
    her name, address and phone number. I and others are still
    waiting for exposure of this information she claims to clear her.
    Do you think this info might finally turn up in her play, or this
    too much like the evidence of an intruder? :)

14. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

OK, I guess y'all know my big passion for many years was theatre? Acted, directed, studied, taught it....

Honestly, I'm about as small potatoes as they come.

However, since Max isn't available, I'm going to jump up to the plate and say, though I'm sure jams won't be desiring my services, I really think she should consider BobC for a major role.

He was BORN to play Pasty! :takeabow:

15. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

HAHAHA. This is too good.

For God's sake. A play? OMG. :laffbig:

Why_Nut, you are truly amazing. I would never, EVER, think to go to the copyright office.

Yes, BobC, was born to play Patsy. No doubt.

16. Elle

Elle Member

Patsy will be hoping for someone like Delta Burke to play her part, KK. :)

17. koldkase

HA! Obviously, you haven't experienced the mettle of a true Southern Belle, Elle.

OH, my, that rhymed nicely, didn't it?

But back to my point...Miss Patsy would not only NOT be thinking of Delta...far too fat...but Miss Patsy would come off her DEATHBED and play the part herself, given the chance. Dragging her IV behind her....

Delta could play Pam, though....

18. koldkase

Oh, and before I forget...jams has admitted the play is her "project" now that Why Nut outed her.

WHY NUT, YOU ROCK!!

19. koldkase

And now that I've seen jams side of the story...and y'all got me to thinking about it...if jams REALLY wanted to get it produced, she'd just send it to the Rams and get Patsy to agree to play her part. Believe me, if Patsy would get onstage and give her "HELP ME, JEEEEEZUS!" performance, it'd be the biggest hit since Barnum and Bailey.

But in case that's not actually doable...health issues and all...not to mention, bad taste...my advice is this is a Southern gothic gem all the way--so...

MAKE IT A MUSICAL! Kind of a cross between Sweeny Todd and Sunset Boulevard.

You can sing and dance, can't you, BobC? :genie:

20. koldkase

Well, look who dropped by to see if her guttah serfs are still paying taxes....

Where ya' been, Ruler of All Things Guttah? We missed ya'!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice