Revisiting an Old Friend

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Barbara, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Since the BB has once again, brought it up; my memory is somewhat faded on this one:

Kim Ballard stated that she had an affair with John Ramsey while Patsy was dealing with her cancer. This was stated on Geraldo, and yes, everyone heard it lol

It is then reported on the BB that Ms. Ballard went into chat with those forum members and spoke on the "phone" with Jameson herself. She then stated that she made it all up.

Is this a fact? Does LE know that she has since stated it was all fictitious? OR...do we only have Jameson's word for it that it was in fact, Kim Ballard denying that she ever had an affair with John?

This "affair" seemingly got buried and I am curious to know if this was a successful attempt by the cult to squash it all and keep it off the news and forums or did she really deny having the affair after she stated that she and John were lovers?

Anyone?

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Ballard basically went into hiding after telling her ridiculous story--those involved in the story think, in hindsight, that she was probably lying. So many people called in with red herrings like this...

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I think she was another Code 6 Wingnut.

4. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

looking back on elusive Kim

The way I remember how the tabloids depicted this story:

At the time of this "alleged affair," the tabloids had a heyday. They depicted Kim as being a small woman, and a JonBenet lookalike. Her picture was certainly eerily like JohnBenet. She was quoted as saying that she met John through some publication, with "lonely heart ads." He supposedly sent her money to fly to some city (I forget where) and paid for her hotel accommodations. He asked her to dress up in little girl outfits. She thought he was a bit odd, but nice. If I remember correctly, she met with him a couple of times.

The thing about this story that I found most interesting was John’s reaction to all this.
    He spoke to the press, with Patsy by his side. (How many of you remember this?)
    The press conference was “out of the blue,†and I just happened to be watching TV when it came on.
    John had this indescribable (and uncharacteristic) grin on his evil face. He appeared childishly cunning and kept glancing at Patsy, who appeared to be sharing some funny, cute little secret with him. In other words, they seemed, in that fleeting moment, completely in sync with one another. (I never saw this interaction between them before or since.)
    In other words, I had the distinct feeling that John was thoroughly enjoying this moment in the spot light, not for his five minutes, but because the subject matter was his possible involvement with a woman. Whether true or not, it was news that he didn’t seem to mind at all being accused of. In fact, he may even have manufactured the story. Why? ANYTHING TO DISPELL THAT HE WAS INVOLVED IN INCEST.
    He was being accused of being involved with a woman, and both he and Patsy seemed pleased. For what it’s worth, that’s my take on this sick subject. Amen.

P.S. As an aside, I saw a picture of Kim, years later and she had gained considerable weight and looked nothing like she did when the "affair" took place.
    Thanks, Barbara, for revisiting (with us all) your "old pal." LOL.
    Hello, BobC & Watching You.

:leaf:

5. Watching You

Hey, Babe.

6. Barbara

You are VERY welcome Greenie.

As wierd as this may sound, I do agree 100% with your assessment of John's utter glee over the accusation. Anything is better than an accusation of incest for a grown man. Especially if you are being accused of adultery and an affair that your wife is standing by your side and at the time, she (Kim) was a very attractive woman. That also gives most men a feeling of manliness and a testosterone boost.

I also have no problem whatsoever believing that this was a planned media blitz by the RST.

Great minds must think alike..........or very sick minds :)

7. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Code 6. Maybe even code 7....

Her visit to the double BB was bizarre - she talked in riddles. I'm not convinced it was Kim Ballard. Re-reading her posts was highly reminiscent of Sara King/Rita Johnson - i.e.

"I have a story to tell ... I'm here to tell it ... you'll all be surprised ... there is so much that you don't know .... things are not what they seem .... why is everyone attacking me? ... just wait till you read my side ... I feel unwelcome here ... you don't know what really happened ... "

etc etc etc

8. Barbara

I wonder why a woman who was LYING and a code 6 or 7 would go to the BB to tell her story when she was unwelcomed, attacked, etc., etc.

She could make a statement and leave it at that. I wonder if she was paid to do this? A sound investment for someone who wants to "scoop" the story and boost their ego, and a sound investment to show how the Ramseys are being maligned and lynched and subjected to such cruel stuff.

The more we revisit this, the more I believe the whole thing was an RST ploy

9. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I bet it was Susan Stine. We all know how she loves to play games and impersonate people!

10. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well, maybe, Greenleaf and Barbara....

I wasn't online back then, so I didn't have much info on this other than what was on our TV channels. I may have read about it in a tab, or maybe just on a cover, because when this case was initially being covered by various media, I didn't read tabs much unless I got them from my dad, who had a subscription to the NE and sometimes gave me some old ones. Yeah, hypocrite that I was, I'd read them then, but would not be caught DEAD buying them in my town. I had some pride back then....

I remember when Kim was on Geraldo's show, though, vaguely, but as I remember, my feelings about it at the time were she was a fraud. She just hit me that way. I don't like to comment on people's looks that much, because we can't help it how we're born, but I thought she was butt ugly. A man who has the money JR did, I couldn't imagine would touch this cow with a 10 foot pole...much less a smaller one...if you get my drift....

I do remember JR talking about it, on a documentary, maybe the A&E special on the case. I remember Patsy being there, and JR saying he had no idea who this woman was, never laid eyes on her. Yeah, he did have a smile on his face, but I thought it was because he actually had something he could deny and feel put upon about that really was someone telling lies about him, rather than him always denying the actual truth about the murder year in and year out.... That's how I read that "satisfied" smile: Oh, look, in this case, I really AM being lied about and abused by a weirdo!

I remember when jams had "Kim" on her forum. Like we really could believe it was Kim. If it was, all I can say is how desperate for attention do you have to be to insert yourself into a child murder case by lying excessively to the media, then going on a forum and admitting you lied...but with false contrition. Oh! That's jams! No wonder "Kim" ended up there...IF she did...which we'll never know...because jams is such a liar. Why she's STILL lying about Geraldo DENYING he played the enhanced 911 tape, even though she's been caught red-handed WITH NO SOURCE for any such thing. But I digress....

Yeah, we have lots of memories of the crazy people who have made the murder of a child some kind of freak show circus where all the wingnutz just can't get enough of it...so they simply lie some more....

11. Barbara

I would bet you're right! She and Patsy were very well versed in that "mistress" stuff!

12. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Barbara

You wrote:
    "I would bet you're right! She* and Patsy were very well versed in that "mistress" stuff!
    *The She you are referring to is Susan Stine.

The "Mistress stuff," you refer to has layers and layers of meaning. (IMHO)
    It was the perfect ploy to change the subject; the subject being incest.
    Being an adulterator pales in comparison to being involved with incest.
    Throughout history, in every culture in the world, incest is considered taboo. It is the most perverted form of sexual misconduct.

Incest is not a subject that most of us like to even think about, and, even here, at FFJ, we have tip-toed around it. However, from all I have read and seen about the Ram case, incest looms large as a real possibility.

Thus, the "Mistress Stuff," was more than just an aside; it was, imho, very, very significant.

:leaf:

13. koldkase

OH, you have captured the Rita/Sara crap so perfectly! hahaha

Now that you all mention it, we have seen this "impersonation" crap over and over and over for so many years. It always leads back to the RST one way or another: Stine playing Beckner; jams playing a married man; someone playing rita/sara; many people playing "I know the killer/I wrote the note/I'm a journalist/lead case detective/playwright"....

How many times have we heard the same series of BS you posted, Jayelles? How many times have we heard jams say pretty much those exact words.... But we're STILL waiting "to know what really happened," aren't we? Still waiting to hear "the untold story."

There is no untold story except the one where someone took a child to the basement and murdered her in cold blood, and that someone got clean away with it.

Except that she didn't.

14. Barbara

I was also referring to the prank calls Patsy and Susan made to the reporters wife, claiming to be his "mistress". That seems to be the low, juvenile level they had aspired to and have obviously achieved.

15. Watching You

On Inside Edition last night, they had clips from a lot of the interviews Katie Couric has done over the years. A clip from the Ramsey interview, with Katie questioning Patsy, was on just for a few seconds. Patsy Ramsey looked truly deranged in that picture. I've never thought Patsy was a beautiful woman like the press played her up to be. In fact, I thought she was quite average. But that clip showed a part of her soul I don't think she would have ever wanted anyone to know about - the true state of her soul.

16. koldkase

Wonder what part of the Couric interviews with the Rams the pic was from? I remember quite clearly Katie asking the Rams about their "self-sponsored polygraphs" and Patsy jumped on that so fast, she cut Couric off, saying something to the effect of "you media" put it that way and make it sound bad. hahaha No, Patsy, THAT'S THE TRUTH AND IT DOES SOUND BAD BECAUSE IT IS.

17. Watching You

That was the one, KK. Katie told Patsy about her statement that polygraphs were voodoo science and then asked her if it wasn't contradictory (my word) to now claim they had been cleared by a polygraph administered by someone of their choice.

18. koldkase

You know, Barbara, that one story Patsy not only was proud of, but SO proud of she PUT IT IN HER BOOK, said it all to me. She didn't have a clue that this was not a Christian thing to do. She had no idea that what she and her "friend" did was wrong. Deeply wrong. They set out to hurt not only the man they hated, but his wife, as well. What had his wife done to them? Nothing. But they didn't care. They called that woman up and tried to destroy her marriage for fun and revenge. That's who THEY are.

If that's Christian, I'm glad I don't go there. If the Rams and their supporters think that kind of malicious behavior is OK just because they hate the tabs and the editors of them, then I don't see any difference between those editors and the Rams.

But it certainly opened my eyes to the mentality of Patsy Ramsey. Obviously, the only time she needs Christianity is when it helps her. How sociopathic of her. Kinda' puts a dent in her "how can anyone believe we could do this to our child" halo, doesn't it?

19. koldkase

Oh, that was a good interview Couric did. I give Katie a hard time over her interviews with the Rams and her Smit and Wood spin shows, it's true, but she did throw some hardballs at the Rams a few times, and that was one of them. Patsy showed her temper then, didn't she? hahaha I'm so glad they put that up! Sorry I missed it, too.

20. rashomon

rashomon Member

This is something which would interest me very much too. Was this also a case of incest?
    I have always asked myself: why would John cover up for Patsy? For people usually don't cover up for another person because of altruistic reasons - they cover up because of egoistic reasons: they want to protect their own interests.

John Ramsey, who was beside himself with grief when his older daughter died, displayed little emotion when it came to JB's death. He protected Patsy, the woman who had killed his own daughter and continued to live with her afterward. WHY? Maybe because he has something to hide too?
    Could it be that common guilt ties the two Ramseys together?

Didn't several medical experts say that JB probably suffered from chronic sexual abuse? If so, who could have abused her? Again, the most likely possibility woud be the father - far more likely than any 'pedophile friends' of the Ramseys, like some people on other forums seem to think.
    Nedra Paugh's comment also gave me the creeps: she said that maybe JonBenet was "a little abused". So "a little abuse" was regarded as nothing out of the ordinary by her?

What do we really know about John Ramsey's inner life, and about the influences which shaped his childhood? Very little.

Maybe the reason why Patsy snapped and lost it are far more sinister that simply being stressed out. With all those pageants where the little girls were dressed up to look like precocious Lolitas, is it a far stretch to consider the possibility of abuse?

And couldn't it be that the injury to JB's vagina was inflicted to hide signs of previous sexual abuse?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice