Remember the Ramsey impersonator?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Little

Little Member

Things came to a head locally when Rapp and others at his company impersonated John Ramsey, the father of murdered 6-year-old beauty queen JonBenet, to find out information about his finances, airline tickets and such.

Rapp's attempt to impersonate Ramsey to find out what he had bought at a Boulder hardware store set off a chain reaction that led to police casing the store and tracking down Rapp. They got a search warrant and raided Rapp's offices.

Some say Rapp distracted Boulder prosecutors from the JonBenet case because they spent so much time trying to track down how information was leaking. But Rapp said he had no regrets about his work, which found its way into supermarket weeklies.

Said Rapp of the day Boulder authorities raided his office: "These guys were good - they had me convinced that I killed JonBenet."

2. Elle

Elle Member

Wow! Does this ever tell you that your life isn't your own? No, Little, I have to be honest and say this is a first for me, reading about Rapp. I may well have been off the boards with family commitments, and missed this. Thank you for posting this and bringing me up-to-date. I doubt we will ever get rid of the "Rapps" of the world. Not when $$$ keep adding up.

3. Little

Little Member

I think this is the same person Ella.

Source: PMPT, Pg. 322-323

"Meanwhile Steve Thomas visited McGuckin Hardware, which John Ramsey – or someone impersonating him – had called in January. In the sporting goods department, Thomas found white nylon cord similar to the cord around JonBenet’s neck. He bought four packages of Coghlan’s Cord, for $2.29 each. In addition, he found black duct tape with the brand name Suretape. Both items sold for the same price and came from the same department that appeared on Patsy Ramsey’s December 1996 sales slips.

A week after Thomas made his purchases, Dave Williams, an investigator for the Ramseys, called Joanne Hanks at McGuckin and asked for itemized receipts of Patsy’s December 2 and December 9 purchases, only to discover that the police had them. In Patsy’s April 30 police inverview, Thomas had asked her about the purchase of duct tape, and Williams was following up for his clients.

Now both the police and the Ramsey’s investigators knew that the items could have been purchases by Patsy just weeks before JonBenet’s murder."

4. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

It simply amazes me when

I read things like this and then realize that I've forgotten so much or that I've never heard of this before. In this case I have to admit that this is the first time I'm reading about this guy Rapp. Thanks for bringing this this to read, Little.

5. Elle

Elle Member

Oh, this information of Steve's I remember very well, Little. So, now this impersonator has a name.

6. Little

Little Member

Interesting, isn't it?

I was also thinking this person may have been trying to get the Ramsey phone records. I have "something" saved "somewhere" LOL, on that topic and will try to do some more digging. It may be that Senate hearing doc. but - alas - all my brain circuits aren't snapping the way they used to. At any rate, this guy seemed to know how to dig for information.

I figured you would remember Elle.

Zoomama, no shame to that. There are so many twists and turns it's not reasonable to think anyone has total recall about this case. :)

Little

7. Little

Little Member

Gee, I found it :)

8. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I wonder if they found the "missing"/blank cell phone records for December?!

Right or wrong, either way, this is one man that I would love to do Lunch with.

RR

9. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Speaking of Impersonators...

Whatever happened to that other impersonator, Susan Stine. You know--Patsy's best friend who impersonated a police officer?

10. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Is it just me, or are there entirely too many players in drag within the Ramsey case?

11. Elle

Elle Member

Oh great, Little, thank you. I do remember this, but it has been a long time since I read it. Just wish we could actually see the information. I notice that #1 lists the Cell records. Like RiverRat, I'm wondering about those December records too (?). No dates are stated here.

1. Cellular toll records, both for John & Patsy.

Thanks again, Little, you're still on top of this case as per usual. Amazing how those were not available (?).

12. Niner

Niner Active Member

I was thinking along these lines too RR - I'd definitely read his book!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice