Dr. Werner Spitz - Body is key evidence

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, May 13, 2006.

1. Little

Little Member

O.J. did it; there was no grassy knoll shooter involved in JFK’s assassination and JonBenet Ramsey was killed by someone in her household, a world-renowned forensic pathologist with ties to each case told more than 200 attendees at the Parkview Hospital 2006 Trauma Symposium on Friday.

But he pulled no punches in saying the 1996 death investigation of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey was poorly handled. As a consultant to the Boulder, Colo., police, he specifically recalled a flashlight standing upside down on the table at JonBenet’s home – a flashlight that was never collected as evidence.

Based on numerous factors, he surmised the flashlight to be the weapon used in her death. He also theorized about her killer.

“JonBenet Ramsey, in my view, was the victim of somebody in that house, I have difficulty seeing it otherwise,†he said.

2. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Well,

at least someones got them right! Although I still like to look at the JFK shooting as a puzzle and not completely solved by naming just Oswald...but that is just me. Cheap rifle, difficult aim at a moving target and questionable shooters ability. I've always thought that another shooter was present at the same time as Oswald and instead of running down the stairs to escape he ran up the stairs and hid out there for quite a while or until things died down. Of course I have no proof whatsoever...just MHO. They could have been at the window in two different positions like one standing and one kneeling low using the window ledge as a support while the top guy used the window frame as support. Oh well!

As for OJ, yeah he did it alright but Johnnie boy got them sidetracked with the race issue and that was that. Race, (ha) the man was married to a white lady and always had blonde white girls as trophies on his arm. Race had no part in that trial. Can you just imagine if only Mark Furhman had answered that one question with a yes instead of a no where all of this owuld be today. Just that one little question...Have you ever used the word N****? OH how foolish all of that was and a waste.

And as for JBR, yes it was bungled from the beginning and yes someone in that very household killed her. What do you think might have happened if her body had been discovered earlier in the morning and by police? Have you ever given that any thought? I have. Perhaps there might have been another ending to the story because hopefully better police work would have been carried out from the getgo. For starters...taking the parents separatly down to police station for questioning. Keeping Loose Mits out of the case all together. Now there might be a plan for hindsight.

3. Little

Little Member

Yes zoomama, I have thought about it - probably too much. Where's that time machine when you need one??!

Little

4. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

If John Ramsey and Patsy Ramsey were seperated that morning, this case would have been solved that day. There is zero doubt in my mind that Patsy would have confessed--John would have probably kept his cool, but Patsy would have cracked.

Just the fact that that flashlight was out on the kitchen table...

5. Elle

Elle Member

I think O.J. did kill his wife Nicole and her friend. I think Oswald was a Patsy in the JFK shooting, and I believe there was more than one assassin.

I'm glad Dr. Spitz has the courage to speak up and say it was someone in the Ramsey home who killed JonBenét. The flashlight was never collected as evidence. HUH? Good grief! I don't recall reading this before, or reading any posts relating to the flashlight not being taken away as evidence. Oh brother! What next?

6. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

The flashlight was, indeed, collected as evidence. Otherwise, how would they have known about the wiped down batteries inside?

-Tea

7. ravenmad

ravenmad Member

Could there have been 2 flashlights?? One collected and one left behind??

8. Elle

Elle Member

This, I remember reading, Tea, because they talked about no prints being present, but Dr. Spitz is talking about the flashlight not having been taken away as evidence. Why would he specifically mention the flashlight, I wonder? I've seen a list posted somewhere of the items which were taken from the house, minus the list Pam Paugh helped herself too, with the help of the Boulder Police.

9. Little

Little Member

After reading this article I think (?) what he means is the flashlight was not properly forensically checked in as the possible murder weapon. Bold emphasis mine.

10. rashomon

rashomon Member

ITA. She would not have stood up to the pressure if e. g. someone like Haney had gotten to interview her separately very soon after the crime.

11. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you, Little. I quite believe this is what Spitz meant. Good articles! So the emergency personnel have to be on their toes and be careful about evidence too. not just attend to the patient? A tall order!

12. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

something strange

Something weird was going on in the Ramsey house the night JBR was murdered. I have thought the flashlight must be the weapon for a long time. Why was someone in that house carrying around a flashlight? It had to be a family member because if it wasn't whoever hit JBR over the head with it would have got out of there as fast as they could. Someone in the family didn't have that possibility so they had to stage things to point away from themselves or explain to the emergency room doctor why they hit their child over the head with a flashlight in the middle of the night.

So, back to the question, why was someone carrying around a flashlight that night? The parents would be in their bedroom upstairs so the kids wouldn't need a flashlight if they got up in the night. They could just turn a light on without their parents knowing about it. The only reason I would carry around a flashlight in my house at night is if I heard an unusual noise and got up to investigate or if I didn't want to wake up my spouse and needed some light to see something.

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  13. Elle

Elle Member

The spiral stairs lead off the second floor, Texan, and are closer to JonBenét's room. Burke's room is at the other end, where there are other stairs. Maybe JonBenét used the flashlight when heading for the kitchen for a snack (?). She had a long walk to go down the stairs near Burke's room.

There's a floor plan page 599 Appendix A in hardcover of Perfect Murder Perfect Town.

14. rashomon

rashomon Member

I can't find the page right now, but in his book Steve Thomas said the flashlight might also have been left behind by a detective because the police used these kinds of flashlights too. Were there any fingerprints found on the flashlight?

15. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

nope

No fingerprints were found on the flashlight nor on the batteries inside the flashlight. During the investigation the Ramseys said that one of their kids, I think it was John Andrew, had given John a maglite like the one found but they couldn't locate it. Later I think they questioned all the law enforcement types that were on the scene and the flashlight allegedly didn't belong to any of them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice