Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Ramsey's own words

John and Patsy Ramsey have made quite a few statements which are very revealing.
    I recently read this one from Patsy which almost made me fall off my chair:
    Ramseys' press conference May 1, 1997:

Patsy: "We feel there are at least two people on the face of this earth that know who did this: and that is the killer, and someone that that person may have confided in."
    I think this extremely odd statement is a bombshell. Things which stand out:

- by saying that, Patsy indirectly admits that she knows the ransom note was faked. For: of how many people did the 'small foreign faction' consist'? Per the note, it was a group of people, and in case the Ramseys would not follow directions, JonBenet was going to be 'beheaded' by this very same group. And now suddenly per Patsy there was one lone killer? At this moment, Patsy quite obviously forgot what she had written in the ransom note.

- even if we leave out that Patsy's statement contradicts what was written in the ransom note, and go along with her scenario that one person had killed JonBenet: how can Patsy allege that this person confided in anyone? Most killers don't do that because for obvious reasons it is important for them to keep their mouth shut. The more they talk, the riskier.

And if the killer talked at all, how would Patsy know that he confided in just one person? This doesn't make sense either.

- imo this even rules out Burke as the perpetrator, for suppose Burke did it, both parents would have known this, and not just one parent Burke might have 'confided in'.

Imo, without realizing it, Patsy gave us insight into what happened. Yes indeed, there are "at least two people on the face that know who did this: the killer (imo Patsy Ramsey) and someone that that person may have condfided in (imo John Ramsey)."

Then Patsy's statement would make sense and she even told the truth here!

rashomon,

Your eagle eye is picking up many of the important parts that have been discussed before, with this statement being one of them. Many of us think the same as you. You're a good P.I.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    Imo, without realizing it, Patsy gave us insight into what happened. Yes indeed, there are "at least two people on the face that know who did this: the killer (imo Patsy Ramsey) and someone that that person may have condfided in (imo John Ramsey)."
    Or it could be that they are both involved in their daughter's (Oops! Sorry, Patsy. I mean "that child") death, with each one viewing the other as the actual killer and they are the other's confidant.

Wasn't there some interview they did during which John asked as a hypothetical, "Well, what if we did kill our daughter?" I see that question as a "testing-the-waters" one from him. Does anyone know the interview of which I speak?

-Tea

[QUOTE=rashomon]John and Patsy Ramsey have made quite a few statements which are very revealing.
    I recently read this one from Patsy which almost made me fall off my chair:
    Ramseys' press conference May 1, 1997:

Patsy: "We feel there are at least two people on the face of this earth that know who did this: and that is the killer, and someone that that person may have confided in."
    I think this extremely odd statement is a bombshell. Things which stand out:

- by saying that, Patsy indirectly admits that she knows the ransom note was faked. For: of how many people did the 'small foreign faction' consist'? Per the note, it was a group of people, and in case the Ramseys would not follow directions, JonBenet was going to be 'beheaded' by this very same group. And now suddenly per Patsy there was one lone killer? At this moment, Patsy quite obviously forgot what she had written in the ransom note...[QUOTE]

What you cite about the shift from group to one is just one
    example of a mind in total chaos; oscillating between fact and
    fiction and not knowing the difference. In the mental role of
    kidnaper, the writer cruelly warns of cutting off JonBenet’s
    head; then the writer’s mind drifts to personal concern for
    John’s welfare with the admonition to be rested and is unable to
    separate the two roles; meaning, “kidnaper” and “victim’s” parent
    are one in the same.

Patsy forgot a lot of things like giving the 911 operator the end
    of the note instantly and in perfect order: Victory, S.B.T.C.,
    then saying again and again she was so upset, she read only the
    beginning:

CABELL: Mrs. Ramsey -- you found the note. Was it a handwritten
    note, three pages?

RAMSEY, P: I didn't -- I couldn't read the whole thing I -- I
    ....And I -- you know, it just was -- it just wasn't registering,
    and I -- I may have gotten through another sentence.

It is not only amazing what the Ramseys forgot, but what the
    “investigators” forgot as well. Discrepancy after discrepancy was
    simply let slide with no probing questions at all.

High on this list is the $118,000 “ransom demand.” This alone
    narrows the field real fast, yet receives little attention. The
    random chance of someone arbitrarily selecting this amount is so
    astronomical, no consideration is deserved. There is no getting
    away from the fact that this amount was impressed upon the mind
    of the note writer and\or someone dictating the note. This amount
    ties directly to the Ramseys without dispute. The only way this
    can be escaped is to find another person, or persons, also
    familiar with the number who had opportunity and ability to
    commit the crime. There is literally nothing to even hint of an
    outside connection. Here we go again: If there is no one else to
    connect to this, then this evidence clearly points to the
    Ramseys. Forget all the handwriting experts. In disagreement,
    they amount to nothing in court. What can’t be separated from the
    note is the $118,000 and the evidentiary connection to the
    Ramseys.

SMIT: "The intruder had to come in through the window.
    I see a brutal first-degree murder. I see a very violent
    death of JonBenet. I see someone fashioning a garrote
    and putting it around her neck. I see someone tightening
    that garrote to control her. I see someone taking that
    handle and pulling it very violently tight and killing her."

These are the premises claimed as evidence of an intruder, yet,
    John abandons his “proof of innocence.” This is my favorite
    “confession.”

LS: Do you think that the head injury occurred at the same place
    as the other injuries, say, with the ligature?

JR: I mean, its just no reason to - to know that. I mean, I guess
    - well, like I say, I just - that's very difficult to think about
    and imagine, but I wondered whether the head injury didn't kill
    her and after that they strangled her.

Shift from speculation to declaration and John is saying that the
    cord was tied around the neck of a dead JonBenet. I assume this
    applies to the wrists “ties” as well. Since the “ties” did not
    and need not bind a dead child, and since the cord around the
    neck need not and did not cause her death (according to John), it
    is all admittedly rendered useless EXCEPT FOR STAGING! .

I'm kind of partial to this little beaut from John-

John Ramsey: The American public has been led to believe that we went to bed that night on Christmas, brutally beat JonBenet, sexually molested her, strangled her, woke up the next morning, wrote a three-page ransom note, called the police, sat around the house for four hours then I went down and discovered her body - Then was able to act distraught. Patsy was able to throw up that morning because of gut-wrenching anxiety - She faked it - Help me understand that. Where is our common sense as a society, as a race of people?

LS: Do you think that the head injury occurred at the same place
    as the other injuries, say, with the ligature?

JR: I mean, its just no reason to - to know that. I mean, I guess
    - well, like I say, I just - that's very difficult to think about
    and imagine, but I wondered whether the head injury didn't kill
    her and after that they strangled her.
    Yep. That's quite a little admission we have there.

-Tea

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

And hence......the ability to barely pass a Lie Detector Test!

RR
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

John Douglas's Mindhunter mentions this exact thing, when he's developing profiles of killers. I don't have the book here to cite (I'm busy with writing papers for classes to make A's on) but as memory serves, in more than one 'profile' his insight suggested to him that the killer would confide in someone close to him (or in this case her).

It always struck me, since they owned the book, that this was the source of Patsy's assertion.

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea4me
    I'm kind of partial to this little beaut from John-

John Ramsey: The American public has been led to believe that we went to bed that night on Christmas, brutally beat JonBenet, sexually molested her, strangled her, woke up the next morning, wrote a three-page ransom note, called the police, sat around the house for four hours then I went down and discovered her body - Then was able to act distraught. Patsy was able to throw up that morning because of gut-wrenching anxiety - She faked it - Help me understand that. Where is our common sense as a society, as a race of people?

Yep. That's quite a little admission we have there.

-Tea
    Once again, John places the JonBenet's head injury BEFORE strangulation in his narrative of the crime.

Excellent thread, rashomon. Any time you read what the Ramseys say, you find stuff like this.

I noticed that John changed his story, didn't he? I believe he says later that JB was first strangled and then the head blow was struck. Smit changed his mind on that one, didn't he? Right. Smit is another person you see and think he's so nice. In fact, he's so full of himself, he lost all objectivity and went on a crusade, like it was his job to save the Rams.

Odd, isn't it, how many people who do NOT know the Rams at all, never saw them before they became their shills, have made it their "mission" to save the Rams. For a small fee...of course.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

I remember there was this news conference regarding the results of the lie detector tests, with John and Patsy (wearing a white jacket with a blue blouse) sitting behind this long table. At one point John held up the kindergarten photo of JonBenet and said, "Someone killed this six-year old child. We know that and we want them captured."

"This six-year old child". He doesn't say "our daughter" or even "our child". He says "this six-year old child". Those are the words I would expect from someone who had no relation whatsoever to the victim, not from the father. In using the words he did, he essentially distances himself from her as her father. And when he said "We know that", Patsy looked down and away from the camera.

-Tea

Default my favorite

My favorite admission from a Ramsey(sounds kind of like an academy award) is where Patsy says she saw the red heart on JonBenet's hand. When asked when she saw it she says that morning and then goes on to hint that an adult must have drawn it because it was a pretty good drawing.
    Sadly, the follow up was not good and she was able to return the next day and gloss over a blockbuster admission.

In the 6/98 JR interview (line 0144) JR says that morning after his initial shock of "she is gone" his next thoughts were to get her back - thoughts of "is she in the closet, in the refrigerator or behind the curtain" (sbtc?) The inside of the home was checked but I don't remember reading of even a cursory look outside by the R's (even to look out the windows) in the minutes prior to the police arriving. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.