Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 109 to 120 of 355
  1. #109
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    Why was Patsy Ramsey so careful to mention the red jumpsuit to the cops in her interview?

    When giving her account of what she did when she got up at 5:30 am. Patsy mentions she stopped briefly in the laundry. This is the children's laundry on the same floor as their rooms, she didn't have to mention the red jumpsuit at all (?).


    "Police Files" PB -page 62
    " And I remember the ironing board being up, I think, and I fussed around with this little red jumpsuit of JonBenét's 'cause it had some spots on it.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  2. #110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    Compromise??? Patsy??? Never! When it came to JonBenet, it was Patsy's way or the highway. If she could have said those words, JonBenet might not have died that Christmas night...
    However she said it..compromised or demanded....JB went to bed in that red turtleneck, and IMO she wet the bed that night...got the turtleneck wet too. Patsy angrily tried to yank it off of her (yanking off a turtle neck would not be an easy task)..and that, I believe is when the rage accident happened. I think that as she was trying to YANK it off of JB, in the process...she slung JB into the side of the toilet or tub. She could have been tugging at it..violently...and had the arms almost off (insdie out)...and JB's head still stuck in the turtleneck collar. Almost like putting an egg into a sock and then swinging it at a hard, rounded surface....just for exampe, and to give you a mental picture of what I am talking about.

  3. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    Heymom and Ames: both your scenarios sound very convincing and would clear up a lot regarding the 'red turtleneck' issue.
    They would explain why Patsy avoided discussing this garment at all costs in the interview, offering her lame "Don't remember". I think she did remember very well but did not want to elaborate because the turtleneck itself was connected to the tragic events on that night.
    I think thats exactly why she didn't want to talk about it. Also, if you and your child had an argument over what she was going to wear to a party...and then the next morning the child turned up dead, God forbid. You would remember EVERY single detail about that argument...and about the garment that CAUSED the argument. In other words...if you were innocent of your child's murder....and the garment (that caused the last argument that you would ever have with your daughter) was found on the bathroom counter...I don't believe that you would say..."don't remember" when asked how it got there. IMO...it would be etched in your memory, of exactly how it got there....along with regret...for as long as you lived. This...imo...is why she had her little "crying spell"....the woman was STALLING. She was probably thinking while she turned on the waterworks...."Oh my God, what am I going to say? I can't tell him the TRUTH".

  4. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    Why was Patsy Ramsey so careful to mention the red jumpsuit to the cops in her interview?

    When giving her account of what she did when she got up at 5:30 am. Patsy mentions she stopped briefly in the laundry. This is the children's laundry on the same floor as their rooms, she didn't have to mention the red jumpsuit at all (?).


    "Police Files" PB -page 62
    " And I remember the ironing board being up, I think, and I fussed around with this little red jumpsuit of JonBenét's 'cause it had some spots on it.
    I believe that she mentions this...to confuse the two. The RED turtleneck and the RED jumpsuit. It worked, because there are posters that actually think that the RED JUMPSUIT was SOAKING in the bathroom SINK....when actually it was the RED TURTLENECK that was BALLED UP ON the bathroom COUNTER. Patsy was pretty doggone smart...when it came to confusing authorities. (In Boulder though, it didn't seem to be all that hard).

  5. #113

    Default

    Patsy said she got up at 5:30, I assume she did what most people do first thing when they get up, then got dressed & put on her makeup, went down to the second floor and fiddled around with the red top, went down to the first floor, found the note, scanned it, ran back up stairs, looked in JonBenet's room, yelled for John, he checked on Burke, they went back down stairs, he read the note, then she made the phone call. She place the call at 5:52. That's only 22 minutes.

    141
    TH: SO you say you put your make-up on?
    PR: (Nodding.)
    TH: What brands of make-up do you wear?
    PR: Different kinds.
    TH: Do you know what it would have been at that time?
    PR: Probably the foundation was probably either

    142 From the files of the NATIONAL ENQUIRER

    Clinique or Chanel, my sister sells Chanel and she has samples of everything. So keeps us in samples. . . . Just
    guessing, I don't know.
    TH: Foundation. Okay. Are there other things that you put on -
    PR: Blush, lipstick. I probably didn't really do a terrific job. I mean just putting, get a little bit on and go, you know.
    TH: Okay. And how long do you think all that in the bathroom took?
    PR: Oh, 20, 30 minutes.
    TH: And what -
    TRIP DEMUTH: Is that a different brand of blush that you put on? Is that the same Clinique?
    PR: I don't know. I have a drawer full of stuff. I don't necessarily use the same, you know, Chanel, Chanel, Chanel, Clinique, Clinique. Just kind of whatever jar is there.
    TH: So now we are on the second floor, because you're
    coming down the stairs?
    PR: Right, I am coming down. .. I had the ironing board
    somewhere here. And I had - I think I had a couple of
    plastic bags here somewhere. . . to take to the lake.
    TH: . . . And you stopped there?
    PR: Just momentary. I remember - remember laying the little red jumpsuit of JonBenet's over the ironing board, because it had a few spots on it, so I was thinking when I came back from the lake I was going to take that to the dry cleaners, and decided to lay that under there somewhere.
    TH: Was that - it wasn't something you were going to take to the lake?
    PR: No, no, it was something she had worn for a Christmas
    performance. It was a little Christmas thing.

    143
    TH: The laundry room light was on here?
    PR: The light here.
    Yes. I was working there.
    TH: Okay, did you turn it on?
    PR: I don't remember.
    That could have been one that was left on, I don't
    know. Sometimes we leave that one on.
    TH: Sometimes you do?
    PR: (Nodding.)
    TH: But you don't recall that morning coming down into the dark or -
    PR: No.
    TH: So to the best of your recollection, it was on, you
    think?
    PR: I would say either that light was on or there were also some sconces right here on the stairwell, which were dimmed and oftentimes we would leave that on, because it was dimly lit as a nightlight sort of lighting area. . . so something I am sure was on, because it wasn't pitch black walking down.
    TH: How about JonBenet's room, what was the
    condition of the room?
    PR: Well, I remember racing over and her door was just kind of slightly ajar. . . three, four inches, you know.
    TH: Okay. Is that the way you left it the night before?
    PR: Yes, that's usually the way I left it.

    144 From the files of the NATIONAL ENQUIRER

    TH: And is there a particular reason?
    PR: Well, I closed it because if I did leave a light on
    out here, it would shine pretty brightly into her room
    so I close to make it a little darker in there. 'But I
    want to leave it so if she needed me or called out or
    something I could hear her, you know.
    TH: So that was the normal thing?
    PR: That was the normal thing to do.
    TH: Did you happen to look in?
    PR: No. At that time, I did not.
    TH: Did you happen to notice if there was any light coming from inside?
    PR: I didn't notice. Just nothing seemed unusual.
    TH: Okay. So we are still at the ironing board and this little red outfit. What do you do with that, how long does that take?
    PR: Just, I don't know, just a few minutes. And I don't know, I can't remember what I was doing. I just remember I was trying to get this bag ready to go to the lake, I had two suitcases. . . of the children's things, I was trying to get ready, because when we came back from the lake we were going on to Disney and the Big Red Boat.
    145
    TH: So you're in the laundry, you say you spent a couple of minutes there, two, five?
    PR: Probably five or ten. You know.
    TH: So you come - you're coming down the stairs. Are there any lights on in that spiral staircase?
    Quotes are from the Police Files - things just don't add up do they?

    Little
    No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

  6. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little
    Patsy said she got up at 5:30, I assume she did what most people do first thing when they get up, then got dressed & put on her makeup, went down to the second floor and fiddled around with the red top, went down to the first floor, found the note, scanned it, ran back up stairs, looked in JonBenet's room, yelled for John, he checked on Burke, they went back down stairs, he read the note, then she made the phone call. She place the call at 5:52. That's only 22 minutes.








    Quotes are from the Police Files - things just don't add up do they?

    Little
    EXCELLENT detective work, Little!!!! NOPE...things do not add up. I smell a rat...and its name is...Patsy. According to her...it would have had to take her at the most 40 minutes.

  7. #115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMES
    EXCELLENT detective work, Little!!!! NOPE...things do not add up. I smell a rat...and its name is...Patsy. According to her...it would have had to take her at the most 40 minutes.
    Great sleuthing, Little!!!

  8. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    Compromise??? Patsy??? Never! When it came to JonBenet, it was Patsy's way or the highway.
    But in that case, wouldn't Patsy have won the initial argument, making JonBenet wear the red turtleneck to the Whites' instead of the white shirt which her daughter wanted?

  9. #117
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    3,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    But in that case, wouldn't Patsy have won the initial argument, making JonBenet wear the red turtleneck to the Whites' instead of the white shirt which her daughter wanted?
    Not necessarily. I think Patsy's psychological age was stuck at a point where in some ways, she acted more like JonBenet's older sister than her mother. So, if JonBenet threw a temper tantrum, Patsy might give in at that point, but scheme to get the power back later, as a sibling might do. If she saw that JonBenet was a little more vulnerable, perhaps because of being sleepy, tired, etc., she might re-assert her demand for JonBenet to wear the look-alike shirt. It was a power struggle because unlike Patsy herself, JonBenet had a personality and didn't want to be consumed by her mother's demands.

    You see, even this mother-daughter clothing thing just creeps me out. I mean, on one hand, you can see it as cute, and on the other hand, it seems as if Patsy wants to be JonBenet's TWIN more than she wants to be her mother. The whole dynamic is twisted and sick. And this was held up to be such a perfect family!
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

    MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

  10. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    Not necessarily. I think Patsy's psychological age was stuck at a point where in some ways, she acted more like JonBenet's older sister than her mother. So, if JonBenet threw a temper tantrum, Patsy might give in at that point, but scheme to get the power back later, as a sibling might do. If she saw that JonBenet was a little more vulnerable, perhaps because of being sleepy, tired, etc., she might re-assert her demand for JonBenet to wear the look-alike shirt. It was a power struggle because unlike Patsy herself, JonBenet had a personality and didn't want to be consumed by her mother's demands.

    You see, even this mother-daughter clothing thing just creeps me out. I mean, on one hand, you can see it as cute, and on the other hand, it seems as if Patsy wants to be JonBenet's TWIN more than she wants to be her mother. The whole dynamic is twisted and sick. And this was held up to be such a perfect family!
    Yes, a power struggle would explain it.
    "JonBenet may have won the last argument, but I'll win this time" - maybe that was the inner dialogue going on in Patsy's immature mind.
    And that mother-daughter thing is creepy indeed because for Patsy, it obviously was far more than just a cute thing to do. For they both even came dressed up as Marilyn Monroe at JonBenet's last pageant. Just think about that: dolling up her child like MM, the eternal sex symbol, and then going on stage together with her as her "twin". Patsy had boundary issues, no question about it imo.

  11. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little
    Patsy said she got up at 5:30, I assume she did what most people do first thing when they get up, then got dressed & put on her makeup, went down to the second floor and fiddled around with the red top, went down to the first floor, found the note, scanned it, ran back up stairs, looked in JonBenet's room, yelled for John, he checked on Burke, they went back down stairs, he read the note, then she made the phone call. She place the call at 5:52. That's only 22 minutes.

    Quotes are from the Police Files - things just don't add up do they?

    Little
    She sure did a good job of confusing the cops on the issue of the red top, Little, while Tom Haney concentrated on what brands of makeup she wore (?). Maybe he was keen to try these brands for himself (?).

    Like everything else related to this case, Patsy got away with it.

    Thanks for bringing this red top up again, Little, and drawing attention to Patsy's lies on her timeline.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  12. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    She sure did a good job of confusing the cops on the issue of the red top, Little, while Tom Haney concentrated on what brands of makeup she wore (?). Maybe he was keen to try these brands for himself (?).

    Like everything else related to this case, Patsy got away with it.

    Thanks for bringing this red top up again, Little, and drawing attention to Patsy's lies on her timeline.
    LOL...yeah maybe. I have often wondered why he spent almost a whole page of her interview, asking about makeup brands. I have wondered if Haney asked her about the brands, because the investigators believed that she never went to bed that night, therefore NOT having to put on makeup the next morning. (She had the same makeup on as she wore to the Whites, imo). Maybe, they found some kleenexes or something with makeup on them in the trash..and maybe there was some way to find out how long they had been there, with some sort of testing. I am just guessing here, of course.



Similar Threads

  1. Play on words
    By JustChillun in forum FIRE-In-The-HOLE
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 29, 2007, 11:10 am, Mon Jan 29 11:10:26 UTC 2007
  2. Patsy's last words....
    By Greenleaf in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: July 8, 2006, 9:52 am, Sat Jul 8 9:52:58 UTC 2006
  3. Final words
    By "J_R" in forum Laci Denise Rocha Peterson
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 1, 2004, 1:20 pm, Mon Nov 1 13:20:38 UTC 2004

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •