Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AMES
    Yes, she was quite the actress. She could have won an Oscar for all of the acting that she did after the death of her daughter. One of her greatest acting roles, was having the "breakdown" after seeing the picture of the red turtleneck. That was nothing but a stall tactic in my opinion. She was probably thinking..."Oh NOOO, there is a picture of that red turtleneck. I was REALLY hoping that they would have overlooked that. What am I going to do? What am I going to say? She WAS wearing that turtleneck when she wet the bed, afterall. I can't let them know that this was an accidental murder due to toilet rage. But, what if they know that the shirt was wet? What if they ask me about that? What will I say? How do I explain THAT one? Help me Jesus....what should I DO? Oh, I KNOW....I will turn on my fake tears, and maybe, just maybe....Haney will let me take a break, I can collect my thoughts, and think of something to say. If I get REALLY lucky, maybe he will just forget about the picture of the red turtleneck altogether. Yep, that SURE would be nice".
    I don't think Tom Haney actually forgot about the red turtleneck. I think everyone was just kid-gloving the Ramseys, especially Patsy, because although technically they were suspects, everyone KNEW they couldn't possibly have done this to their daughter, because they were Boulder ROYALTY. Hunter kissed their behinds all the way along. All Patsy had to do was cry and everyone just about fell over themselves trying to help the poor little Southern Belle! Sickening.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Steve Thomas
    "JonBenét - Inside The Ramsey Murder Investigation"

Steve Thomas HB 164-165 (Courtesy of Little)

The interviews with Patsy and John Ramsey produced no earthshaking revelations. Having had the opportunity to study police reports, and with their lawyers and experts crawling all over evidence that should never have been shared, I felt the parents were about as well rehearsed as actors taking the stage. But at the end of the day, I concluded that as investigators, we had reached our goal-we had established probable cause. And when Patsy Ramsey left that room, I believe she could have been in handcuffs and charged with involvement in the death of JonBenet.

Patsy was magna cum laude smart and Miss America pretty, cancer survivor strong and drama queen talented, tenacious, and determined. John was the condescending and cool CEO, who displayed confidence that he would have little trouble handling the interview. Each was accompanied by a lawyer, and more of them lurked in the halls. Pete Hofstrom from the DA's office, whom I considered a Team Ramsey ally, sat behind me. I had conducted hundreds of interviews, but never under such adverse conditions.

Detective Tom Trujillo and I watched as Patsy was solicitously helped to a chair by her attorney. As soon as she sat down and adjusted herself, any hint of weakness vanished, those green eyes flashed, and a nervous smile played at her lips.

It was the first time I had seen her since the non-testimonial evidence

session on December 28, and she hardly seemed to be the same woman. No longer distraught and disheveled, she was immaculate in a blue suit with white trim over a white sweater, a silver angel pin on her lapel, and gold earrings, watch, and wedding ring, and her perfume reached across the table. She placed a small cup of tea to mark her territory.

It is rare for a woman to go eye-to-eye with a detective, but Patsy Ramsey was a savvy sophisticate who knew how to work a man, even one with a badge. When I had a question, she would lean so close across that narrow pine table that we were almost in kissing distance, invading my personal space before answering.

elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Patsy Ramsey was a savvy sophisticate who knew how to work a man,

And she had a hell of a reason to work all the men in her vicinity, to keep herself, John, and possibly Burke out of prison. What motivation for the role of her life!
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

Trouble is, heymom. Patsy Ramsey made monkeys out of intelligent men.
    Just my opinion.

Yes, but she didn't make intelligent men out of monkeys, did she?

Sadly, she also made a whore out of an innocent little girl, her own little girl.

I don't think her Scarlett O'Hara imitation would have worked anywhere but Boulder. They were so stupid, so blind, and so intimidated by the Ramsey power posturing and money, that they just about kissed John and Patsy's behinds, trying NOT to get any information out of them. Oh, yeah, I left out corrupt, too - the Hunter/Haddon connection was well known.

Only in Boulder. Only in Boulder.

heymom, how about you becoming the Mayor of Boulder? You could fix them? You have that fighting spirit in you! Go get them!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    heymom, how about you becoming the Mayor of Boulder? You could fix them? You have that fighting spirit in you! Go get them!
    heymom has MY vote!!! Go heymom, Go heymom....

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    I never knew you hated me that much, Elle! To even suggest such a thing...I'd sooner become the Mayor of Hell than the Mayor of Boulder. Beautiful climate, wonderful location, totally SCREWED liberal mindset. No thank you very much!!

Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    I never knew you hated me that much, Elle! To even suggest such a thing...I'd sooner become the Mayor of Hell than the Mayor of Boulder. Beautiful climate, wonderful location, totally SCREWED liberal mindset. No thank you very much!!
    Ah, but you have that fighting spirit and we need someone to take the lead. I tried.
    Just my opinion.

Boulderites don't want a fighting spirit. They want to meditate their problems away. They hope that if they don't do anything, everything will improve. I couldn't stand it.

But thanks for nominating me anyway!

I think you heymom would do perfect!!!
    Jamie

Life is a journey, always learning what you can, always loving the best you can and realizing you are never alone.

Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    Boulderites don't want a fighting spirit. They want to meditate their problems away. They hope that if they don't do anything, everything will improve. I couldn't stand it.

But thanks for nominating me anyway!
    Just wishful thinking, heymom. Mentally giving them a slap.
    Just my opinion.