Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Tom haney did his best to throw monkeywrenches into that performance. I knew something was rotten in Boulder when mary Lacy told him he was too tought on her. What case was she working?!
    They should all drown in lakes of blood. Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night.

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher
    What case was she working?!
    She was working (and still is) the case of not wanting to do anything the entire time she is in office.

It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

Yeah, Lacy wanted Patsy to be catered to like a "victim" because Lacy is as bad a detective as she is a lawyer.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Default The red turtleneck

It is somewhere in the back of my mind that Patsy said she and JonBenet had a tiff over what she should wear to the Whites'. Patsy wanted her to wear the red turtleneck, but JonBenet refused - maybe Patsy got angry, balled it up and threw it on the bathroom counter?
    Or did Patsy invent this story to explain the garment's presence there?

Wearing a close-fitting turtleneck to bed is also somewhat unusual imo. So according to Patsy's initial story, she, after returning home from the Whites, undressed JonBenet, but instead of putting on her pajamas or nightgown, she put JonBenet in the same red turtleneck she had refused to wear to the party some hours before.
    I could understand a situation in which Patsy stripped off the white shirt and let her sleep in the turtleneck she was wearing underneath because she was so tired - but JonBenet did not wear the turtleneck under the white shirt at the party, Steve Thomas once said this in a chat room discussion.

It is all pretty confusing because Patsy could have lied about everything she told LE. So her initial story could have been a lie too, which she then changed into another lie. In the end, it looks like her interviewers somehow couldn't see the forest for the trees anymore, and again it was Patsy who profited from that.

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    It is somewhere in the back of my mind that Patsy said she and JonBenet had a tiff over what she should wear to the Whites'. Patsy wanted her to wear the red turtleneck, but JonBenet refused - maybe Patsy got angry, balled it up and threw it on the bathroom counter?

Wearing a close-fitting turtleneck to bed is also somewhat unusual imo. So according to Patsy's initial story, she, after returning home from the Whites, undressed JonBenet, but instead of putting on her pajamas or nightgown, she put JonBenet in the same red turtleneck she had refused to wear to the party some hours before.
    I could understand a situation in which Patsy stripped off the white shirt and let her sleep in the turtleneck she was wearing underneath because she was so tired - but JonBenet did not wear the turtleneck under the white shirt at the party, Steve Thomas once said this in a chat room discussion.

It is all pretty confusing because Patsy could have lied about everything she told LE. So her initial story could have been a lie too, which she then changed into another lie. In the end, it looks like her interviewers somehow couldn't see the forest for the trees anymore, and again it was Patsy who profited from that.
    rashomon, I did a little searching. I found this:

JonBenet - The Police Files 47
    TT: What color of top did she wear to bed that night?
    What color top was she wearing actually to the Whites'
    house like?
    PR: Well, she wore this little outfit that I had gotten her at the Gap. We had a little, little riff over that, 'cause I wanted her to wear, I was wearing a red sweater and I wanted her to wear this red sweater with her black velvet pants, 'cause I was wearing black velvet pants and it was Christmas and all that.

And she didn't want to wear the red shirt just because I was wearing it. She wanted to wear the shirt that went with the outfit which was a Gap outfit that I had bought her when we went shopping for her and it was a little white, kind of neck like this. . .
    TT: Kind of a crew neck?
    PR: . . . Crew neck and it had a little, little rhinestone
    little kind of sequin kind of star thing on it. .
    TT: Okay.
    PR: So I just left that on her.

202 From the files of the NATIONAL ENQUIRER
    Other items caught her eye in the pictures - JonBenet's
    hair ties on the floor of her bedroom, a red turtleneck
    JonBenet didn't want to wear to the Whites party, and
    JonBenet's backpack.

As she viewed a photo showing one of JonBenet's
    pageant crowns on the floor of her bedroom, Patsy broke
    down in tears.
    No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

It is somewhere in the back of my mind that Patsy said she and JonBenet had a tiff over what she should wear to the Whites'. Patsy wanted her to wear the red turtleneck, but JonBenet refused - maybe Patsy got angry, balled it up and threw it on the bathroom counter?Or did Patsy invent this story to explain the garment's presence there?

22 THOMAS HANEY: Number 18?
    23 TRIP DeMUTH: How about the red
    24 item in the upper right-hand corner?
    25 PATSY RAMSEY: I think it's a
    1 little turtleneck, a little cotton turtleneck,
    2 and I had wanted her to wear it to the Whites
    3 and she didn't want to wear it.
    4 TRIP DeMUTH: How did it end up
    5 there?
    6 PATSY RAMSEY: Don't remember.
    A
    7 crown. Oh, God.
    8 THOMAS HANEY: It's about 10:25.
    9 Do you want to take about a ten-minute break,
    10 how's that sound? We will come back.
    11 PATSY RAMSEY: (Crying.) (INAUDIBLE
    12 RESPONSE.)13 (Recess taken.)
    14 THOMAS HANEY: We are back on tape
    15 and it's about 10:59 a.m.
    16 And before we go back to the
    17 photographs, on the break, there, we were
    18 talking about a letter that you said that -- or
    19 a card, whatever it was, that McReynolds sent.

FROM AMES: If she got angry, because JB didn't want to wear the red turtleneck and balled it up and threw it on the bathroom counter, then IMO she would have said so.....instead of saying "don't remember"..when asked how it ended up there.

Except that Patsy could not admit to ever getting that angry - remember she called the argument a "little, little riff." Everything that pointed to a temper or problem of ANY kind, Patsy avoided like the plague. Her family was perfect and never had problems.

I can see someone like Patsy forcing her daughter to wear the turtleneck to bed, since JonBenet had won the argument earlier. Patsy may have said, "I want you to wear this so we can get up and leave tomorrow right away," and insisted, and since JonBenet might have been tired, she may not have had the fight left in her. Or, alternatively, JonBenet may have put her foot down again and said "NO!" and Patsy then totally lost her patience and snapped.

Just a few thoughts. I don't think Patsy told HERSELF the truth very much - she seems to have lived her life in a pretty thick fog of denial.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    Except that Patsy could not admit to ever getting that angry - remember she called the argument a "little, little riff." Everything that pointed to a temper or problem of ANY kind, Patsy avoided like the plague. Her family was perfect and never had problems.

I can see someone like Patsy forcing her daughter to wear the turtleneck to bed, since JonBenet had won the argument earlier. Patsy may have said, "I want you to wear this so we can get up and leave tomorrow right away," and insisted, and since JonBenet might have been tired, she may not have had the fight left in her. Or, alternatively, JonBenet may have put her foot down again and said "NO!" and Patsy then totally lost her patience and snapped.

Just a few thoughts. I don't think Patsy told HERSELF the truth very much - she seems to have lived her life in a pretty thick fog of denial.
    She didn't have to say..."well I angrily threw it on the bathroom counter"...she could have just said..."I put it there when JB refused to wear it", instead of "don't know". I just posted on WBS that Patsy and JB could have worked out a compromise...Patsy could have said..."Well, since you didn't want to wear the matching turtleneck to the party, why don't you wear it for our trip tomorrow morning....I can wear the same outfit, and we can match, we can put it on you now...and it could save us time in the morning". And JB agreed. Of course, it could have been like you said...Patsy forced her into wearing it...who knows. All that I do know is...this case drives me !!!

[heymom]:
    I can see someone like Patsy forcing her daughter to wear the turtleneck to bed, since JonBenet had won the argument earlier. Patsy may have said, "I want you to wear this so we can get up and leave tomorrow right away," and insisted, and since JonBenet might have been tired, she may not have had the fight left in her. Or, alternatively, JonBenet may have put her foot down again and said "NO!" and Patsy then totally lost her patience and snapped. Just a few thoughts. I don't think Patsy told HERSELF the truth very much - she seems to have lived her life in a pretty thick fog of denial.
    [Ames]:
    She didn't have to say..."well I angrily threw it on the bathroom counter"...she could have just said..."I put it there when JB refused to wear it", instead of "don't know". I just posted on WBS that Patsy and JB could have worked out a compromise...Patsy could have said..."Well, since you didn't want to wear the matching turtleneck to the party, why don't you wear it for our trip tomorrow morning....I can wear the same outfit, and we can match, we can put it on you now...and it could save us time in the morning". And JB agreed. Of course, it could have been like you said...Patsy forced her into wearing it...who knows. All that I do know is...this case drives me !!!
    Heymom and Ames: both your scenarios sound very convincing and would clear up a lot regarding the 'red turtleneck' issue.
    They would explain why Patsy avoided discussing this garment at all costs in the interview, offering her lame "Don't remember". I think she did remember very well but did not want to elaborate because the turtleneck itself was connected to the tragic events on that night.

Quote Originally Posted by AMES
    Compromise??? Patsy??? Never! When it came to JonBenet, it was Patsy's way or the highway. If she could have said those words, JonBenet might not have died that Christmas night...
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

Heymom and Ames: both your scenarios sound very convincing and would clear up a lot regarding the 'red turtleneck' issue.
    They would explain why Patsy avoided discussing this garment at all costs in the interview, offering her lame "Don't remember". I think she did remember very well but did not want to elaborate because the turtleneck itself was connected to the tragic events on that night.
    Yeah, that turtleneck and the dictionary pointing to "incest" are 2 things I would like to have cleared up. I want to know what part that red shirt played, and I want to know who folded the dictionary page to point to the word "incest." I believe that was supposed to be a clue for someone, but I don't know who left that clue.

Analyzing this, a sensible mother wouldn't disturb a sleeping child other than to remove her coat, and let her sleep, but on the other hand with a bedwetter, attention would need to be given to this chore of putting the child in protective underwear like pullups or special diapers. The pullups were half hanging out the cupboard. This was one smart intruder, he knew where to go to find them, plus her longjohns (?). How considerate of him?

Yes, rashamon, Patsy could have lied about everything as you stated above. She was a master of the craft when it came to Psychology.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.