Missing phone records?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, May 29, 2006.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

There are supposed to be phone records missing for one of the ramsey phones and it has been suggested that this is to hide a Ramsey phone call during the night of the murder - perhaps to a lawyer.

We know that Patsy purchased a new cell phone for John after he lost his and had been intending to give it to him for Christmas, but that he walked in, saw it charging and took it there and then.

Patsy was asked about this phone in one of her interviews and she was asked specifically if John had separate phones for business and personal use - but she replied that he had ONE phone. This is where I get confused. A CEO - and he has one phone (OK - my husband has one cell phone for business and person use nothing strange there). However, when CEO John loses his cell phone - his wife buys him a replacement ... and intends to give it to him for his Christmas?????? OK, may this isn't so strange. We also know from John's interview that he had ordered a replacement phone through Access Graphics, so maybe he's going to have separate phones for business and personal use. I think it's a bit of an encumbrance to carry two phones, but maybe people do that.

Now I'm getting to the point. There could be another reason why someone would want to hide cell phone records. they show calls and numbers - right? I do often think I lead a sheltered life but I do happen to know someone who purchased a cell phone when she started having an affair. She wanted to call her lover, but she didn't want her husband to see the calls on her phone bill - so she got a second phone.

I have always felt that the Ramseys were hiding *something*, but I have felt that it was something like an affair. An affair IMO would fit perfectly with a missing/destroyed phone bill.

2. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Jayelles,

You bring up a point, the missing records, that I've been meaning for years to ask about. Thanks! Now an affair is an interesting point but rather than that I think the missing records are a road map of sorts that would lead us to who all was involved in this dirty deed. By that I mean that an atty could have been called at 2 or 3AM for instance...guilty right then and there. Some one from his business to help with the staging or give advice about staging...heck maybe he called someone to come and take JonBenet's body away and then it would look like a real kidnapping but the person called refused as he/she didn't want to get involved. The minister maybe was called to plead for forgiveness right then. Oh my, the list could go on and on. Maybe our forum members have also given this some thought.

I do firmly believe that those records are not missing but hidden from prying eyes by a bribe or outright payment for silence or even a threat of some kind. In this era or as it was back then the computer age....nothing is completely gone from computers. So how come the records have remained missing? I think it stinks to high heaven of collusion with others for silence. What do you think.

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Well I think the key point is whether or not we are talking about a missing phone bill or a blank phone bill - because the implications are quite different.

Could a phone record be erased? Sure. Anything stored on computer can be erased. However, phone companies are likely to have one if not two back-up copies of their records and they could easily be searched to reveal any discrepancies, so if there was any jiggery-pokery going on, the person doing the jiggery-pokery would have to be a telephone company employee with access to the files AND back-up files. A hacker could easily access the master files, but back-ups are usually kept on removable media and stored in a separate room or building. However, it's possible that the back-ups weren't checked in which case a hacker could alter the master file and the backups could be erased/re-used before anyone considered searching them.

OTOH, do we know whether police even checked the telephone companies for the records? Or did they just ask the Ramseys for copies of their bills and receive all but one?

We only have Patsy Ramsey's word that John took the new phone before Christmas.

All in all, it's an area which requires more investigation.

4. Little

Little Member

The MIA phone records are very suspicious IMO.

Source: http://crime.about.com/library/weekly/aa111700a.htm

5. Elle

Elle Member

You know, Little, all things considered I think the Ramseys can put the Mafia to shame.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice