The Ramseys: on the Record (no replies, please)

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by icedtea4me, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Here is part one of the interview John and Patsy Ramsey did with Carol McKinley from their Atlanta home. (A separate thread will be made for any commentary.)

(John Ramsey, wearing a short sleeved teal-green polo shirt and khaki pants, is shown putting a birdhouse on a tree in the yard. Patsy, wearing a short sleeved black and white checked shirt, a black sweater tie around her shoulders and black pants, then walks alongside John.)

Carol McKinley: (voice over) John and Patsy Ramsey at home, but not entirely at peace. The death of their daughter haunting them everywhere and, as they found out, there appears to be no refuge or sanctuary. (CM now shown next to JonBenet's headstone.) John and Patsy Ramsey had planned to talk to us at JonBenet's gravesite, but when they found out that the Boulder police had bugged the area near their daughter's resting place during the investigation, they were too offended to come here.

Patsy Ramsey: They should have some dignity, some place. And it just... I'm disappointed. I'm hurt. I'm so hurt.

CM: This is the first time you knew about it.

PR: Yeah.

CM: What if... What if they say to you, "We're out there trying to find the killer. What if the killer came and..."

PR: Well, I wish they would've said to us, you know, "This is gonna be really, you know,..."

John Ramsey: Tacky

PR: tacky thing to do, but this is why. This is why we're ding it." And then to have let us believe for all that time that we blame the tabloids. Oh, it's the tabloids again. You know, I feel like... I just feel like I keep getting taken and used. And, you know, I'm the mother. This is the father. (pic of Patsy and JonBenet on Christmas morning 12/25/96 shown) You know, nobody wants this solved more than we do, you know. Why are we... Why are we back and forth and back and forth? We need to, you know, find this creature and get him off the streets. So, I feel like I've just been taken again or something, you know.

CM: So, you're saying you found cameras out there. You knew they were out there.

JR: We found cameras. The reason why we knew there were cameras there was because pictures appeared in the tabloids shortly after the first birthday of my children John and Melinda were at that cemetery for the birthday. And, well, we thought there's gotta be a camera and we haven't found it. Of course we assumed it was put there by the tabloids. And of course we learned recently that it was put there by the police.

PR: Now the question becomes, "How did, if the police took the pictures, how did they get in the tabloids?"

CM: Are you sure those were the police cameras, and not the tabloid cameras?

JR: Well, if they are...

PR: That's what it said.

JR: The whole place must have been loaded with cameras. And the police admtted they put cameras there. If there were others, we didn't find them. We looked very hard and found one camera.

CM: How are you feeling now after so long? Are you feeling like, um... life's getting back to normal for you at least or..."

PR: I don't know what normal is anymore.

JR: It'll never be back to normal just because we have JonBenet. But it's a different life now.

CM: (voice over; John and Patsy shown with another birdhouse next to some trees.) Part of the difference in the Ramseys' life, they say, is an undercurrent of fear. Security in the new home will be an issue.

PR: Yeah, this... this house we're kind of making to suit our needs. That house in Colorado was very rambling and... We had friends visit us one time in that house from Atlanta and the mom said she felt like she needed to drop breadcrumbs to find her way back to her room because the house was so meandering.

CM: Would you say that it was hard to find your way around that house then, even for a killer? How do you think the killer found his or her way through the house?

JR: The killer spent hours in that house. No, it's not that hard. I mean, it's... It's no harder than any other house, I mean.

PR: Basements are always in the basement.

JR: Basements are always in the basement. Bedrooms are always upstairs, and take it from there.

CM: Is this something JonBenet would have liked? Do you think of her when you see this backyard? (picture of Ramsey family- John, Patsy, Burke and JonBenet -on 4th of July shown)

PR: Yeah, she'd be out roller-skating around there and climbing the rocks and climbing the trees.

JR: Yeah. You build your home for your family. That's why you have a home. And... uh... that's... For Patsy and I, we... It's not that important to us, but it is still important for Burke to have a hou..., a home. (pic of Burke is shown) It's his home and he can get out in the yard and ride his bike and stuff like that. So, that's really the main reason we're focusing on it.

Jon Scott: (in studio) As you can see the Ramseys are trying to re-create a life in Atlanta that was destroyed nearly four years ago when JonBenet was murdered in Boulder. Over the next hour the Ramseys talk about their daughter's life and her death. About finding JonBenet's lifeless body and about the investigation they say has been a travesty. And they will talk about living under that umbrella of suspicion. Stay tuned for The Ramseys: On The Record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice