1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I am so clueless so forgive me.

Can we purchase Lou Smit's depo? Does anyone remember where his depo was taken?

I really don't know much about this other than the time I bought Nancy Kreb's fantasy depo. I feel this was money well spent.

Having Smit's depo would be money well spent too.

If anyone can make a few phone calls for me I would appreciate it.

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Well, Cranky says we can buy it for about $2,000, Tricia, which I think is very expensive. It's been a while, so I'm not sure where the depo was taken. Maybe Atlanta?

You can be certain that Cranky will now tell everyone at the swamp how stupid this gutter dweller is because I don't have this information in my back pocket. Some of us actually have a life outside the Ramsey case and don't carry Ramsey files around with us.

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

KK and I were talking about that last week, and I know she was going to try and find out about it...but alas...she is at the beach right now...should be home this week sometime though.

4. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I never heard of no Cranky.

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I have a feeling that she would probably Love you, BobC! But then again, how could ya not?!

RR

6. Watching You

It's more a description than a hat.

7. rashomon

rashomon Member

Lou Smit conveniently left out the chair which blocked the door to a room in his intruder scenario.
    I have a question: I have PMPT's floor plan of the basement in front of me. Is what is called the 'hobby room' in PMPT what is called the 'train room' in other books?
    Let's say I stand in front of that hobby (train) room and want to go inside, where exactly would that chair have been: in front of me or behind the door?

8. Watching You

I believe it would have been in front of you.

9. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Uhh... I don't believe I OK'd this vacation time.

I'll let it slide THIS TIME...but don't let it happen again.

Love,
    Tricia

10. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh, sure you OK'd my vacation, don't you remember? It was was last week when we were smoking the crack pipe and sniffing gas fumes at that gas station. I said, hey, guttah goddess, I need a vacation from all these good times, and you said, go ahead, stick out yer thumb and don't forget to send me a postcard. Then you passed out and I hitched myself to the beach. Had a great time, too! They got a fantastic group of crack ho's in the beach gutter. They showed me the best dumpsters, great fresh seafood scraps with fine wine dregs still in the bottom of the bottles!

But I didn't have the money for a stamp. Or a postcard. Sorry. I did bring you some beach sand, though. It's still in my shoes, fresh as can be!

Now about that Smit deposition....

11. koldkase

Ok, I think a little review is in order.

We were discussing Smit's depo and why it wasn't released in transcript form, along with Thomas' and Beckner's, etc. Gutter candy went into usual banshee mode and said this:

Today I spent some time on the phone with the Clerk of Court for the U.S. District Court in which Judge Carnes works. I talked with two different women about getting the transcript of Smit's. The results: I'm just not sure. Either they didn't know what they were talking about, or I didn't know what I was talking about, or nobody knows what they're talking about. It was so frustrating that I came very close to getting hollared at. Hey, I was just trying to make sense of it all.

A word to the wise: if you call, don't mention you know me. Really. Act like you never heard of the internet, as well.

So here's how it went, as best as I can tell it. If what I was told is confusing or wrong, NOT MY FAULT. I'm just repeating the info as accurately as I can from memory and my notes.

First woman got the file, was very nice to me, told me the following about the case of Wolf v Ramseys:

1. To get a copy, one must either request it in writing or come to the office in person; it's 50 cents/page; address the request "Attention: Clerk of Court...."

2. Oh. Wait. Andrew Louis Smit's deposition is filed under seal. So are the following depositions from this law suit: R.C. Wolfs; F. White; Hunter; S. Thomas; Carrie Weinheimer; Mark Beckner.

3. These were all filed under seal by the judge at the request of both parties to the suit. This was done initially under a protective order signed by Judge Carnes in May of 2001. Both parties got the protective order.

4. Therefore, no one can get any of these depositions from the Clerk of Court.

I then began to ask how so many of these depos had actually been shown on TV, with transcripts on the internet for some years now. Bad move on my part. This nice lady did not know, except to say that their office had no way of knowing about that, had no part in it, and couldn't even say the depositions on the internet were in fact the same ones taken in this case. Ha. Good point.

So this nice lady handed me over to the lead docket clerk. She was very nice as well. Until I got on her nerves with all my questions. Then she was very nice...in a very tense kind of way. hehehe I have that effect, don't I?

So the LEAD clerk tried her best to explain to me why I would never ever get any of these depos from the Court. And she meant N E V A H. It was complicated, because I seemed to be under the misconception that some of the very named depos were actually online and I have read them. As best as this clerk could explain it, Lin Wood could do whatever he wants with the depos, go on TV, cut them up, spin them, who cares? If I am not Wolf nor the Ramseys, none of my business. Unlike in a criminal case, a civil case only belongs to the private parties in it.

I tried to get out of her how I might get a copy. Both women had mentioned that I could make a motion, "show good standing," etc. But then the LEAD clerk said I could only do that if I was one of the parties to the original suit. Not under the FOIA could I get it. Not even the parties who had them sealed can get them unless they make a motion and argue before the judge, showing good standing. So I can't do that? No, she repeated with a tinge of exasperation, unless I was a wrong or injured party, and then I could sue like anyone else. I'm not sure who she thought I might sue. Or how that would get the depositions unsealed...but she wasn't going to expound on that ANYMORE and had enough of my stupid questions, it seemed.

So I tried to apologize for getting on her nerve and she then demanded to know if I was one of the parties to the suit. I said no, I'm not, just a citizen of Georgia. So she curtly said she'd helped me all she could and good day. Bam!

I realized early in this call that I was really unprepared to address this with these clerks. That's because I expected them to have the case docket and be able to understand it, since they do that for a living, after all. I didn't have a copy on hand, and it's been a long time since we even talked about all this, so I was struggling with remembering who did what to whom in which motion at what time and how the ruling went...well, you get the idea. And being fuzzy on all that, I tried to ask intelligent questions to get to the bottom of the matter, but all I seemed to do was confuse them, and they in turn confused me more...it really was a downward spiral.

Well, you guttah gossips, I tried, but now I'm more confused than ever. That's because gutter candy posted an article from a legal newsletter about Thomas' deposition being sealed/unsealed...and who was arguing for its unsealing...but a news organization. Now, I may be wrong, but I swear I didn't see any news organization listed as plaintiff or defendant.... So howzat?

Well, let me steal the article for you.... BRB

12. koldkase

Here you go. You'll see what I mean. If no one BUT one of the parties to the suit can make a motion to unseal a deposition...like that LEAD clerk said...how did THIS happen?

See what I mean? I just don't get it. Any lawyers around here who can explain this to me?

13. koldkase

And back to the orginal claim by gutter candy, whose head should be spinning like a top as she spews green pea soup about now in this thread....

I already asked this after she made this statement, and she didn't respond, OF COURSE, which clued me in that something wasn't quite right.... So...just WHERE can "THEY" pay $2000 for Smit's depo?

Does she mean Darnay is selling copies? Wood? Or would that be the recorder who took the depositions is selling them for a pretty price? Maybe gutter candy is selling them and jams won't cough it up.

14. koldkase

Well, I doubt we'll ever get any decent or truthful response from gutter candy about her obvious attempt to MURDER THE TRUTH and SCHMEEEAAAR the double B with lies and disinformation...but seems Margoo hasn't given up...yet. hehehe I love watching them beg a psychopath to have a heart.

On the other hand...considering how the swamp is RST shill central, it puts a different light on just WHY they are SO desperate to see what gutter candy has, doesn't it? Has gutter candy actually convinced them she knows something they don't? Has info they need? Do they really believe that LE in Boulder is actually giving nutter gutter candy their best guarded evidence, confiding their thoughts on the case to her?

Ha. I like it! Gutter candy's knife cuts both ways, doesn't it? :floor:

Priceless, isn't it? Playing to gutter candy's jealous nature.... hahaha

I personally hope gutter candy takes her "contributions" to her grave, has it written in her will it will all be stuffed in her coffin and buried with her. Gutter candy can't carry ACR's keyboard.

15. koldkase

Well, from the Stratbucker depo, at the end, here is the name of the court reporter who took his depo. Maybe this is the person selling transcripts from the suit.

If this guy is running around selling the Wolf case depos for 2 thou a pop, I'm going to be very, very depressed....

16. koldkase

And here is the transcript of Mark Beckner's depo...where a court reporter was present, but also A VIDEOGRAPHER. So...is that where the transcripts come from, rather than the court reporter?

Also, note that this depo was taken in Boulder, so that's probably where Smit's was taken, as well, I'm guessing.

17. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

>>Bam

I take it that was a "no" then? LOL

Maybe Darnay gave Candy a copy ... and Candy is selling copies for $2,000 ... or Darnay is selling copies for $2,000.

There are many things I'd rather spend my $2,000 on than Lou Smit's deposition.

18. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Well, we do have one of the parties to the suit right here at FFJ. Chris Wolf is a member. Maybe he can get a copy of the deposition for us.

19. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

How Ramsey of them.

Keep everything THEY said sealed, but unseal anything that MIGHT look incriminating about someone else because there's always the need for fresh material in their on-going smear campaign against innocent people.

I have never in my life seen the family of a murdered child be so vicious in their continual finger-pointing at close friends and other people. It seems everyone is fair game but themselves. They are oh so insulted to be thought of as suspects, but apparently, no one else has that same right.

The Ramsey double standard is one for the record books. They can smear and libel other people in their book, depositions and interviews, but one bad word about them, and baby, you get slapped upside the head with a Lin Wood lawsuit.

20. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Cherokee

Cherokee, you wrote:
    "The Ramsey double standard is one for the record books. They can smear and libel other people in their book, depositions and interviews, but one bad word about them, and baby, you get slapped upside the head with a Lin Wood lawsuit."

Amen to that.

With John and Patsy Ramsey at the top of the HALL OF SHAME list, Lin Wood, Jams, Alex Hunter and Lou Smit are tied for second place.

Their names have become synonymous with OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE.
    And, who knows? Maybe we will live long enough to see them all punished, but we must be patient.

"Vengeance is mine, sayest the Lord."
    :leaf:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice