10 Years Later - Ever Wonder

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Barbara, May 31, 2006.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Almost 10 years after the murder, a significant anniversary, there are so many to wonder about.

I wonder:

Where are they now? What are they doing? What has happened to them and their families; so many things to reflect on and wonder about

The people I would like most to know about so many years later:

1. Of course, first on my list: Burke Ramsey. What is he doing? college? How is he doing in school? Does he have a job? a girlfriend? friends? Does he ever speak of his sister? that night? Is he involved in anything special?

2. Fleet White and family: What are his kids doing?

3. The Pughs: What are they doing? How is Ariana?

4. The Stines: What are they doing? Do they work? Do they keep in touch with the Ramseys?

5. Just out of curiousity: Linda Arndt- What is she doing these days? Does she speak of this crime anymore? What are her feelings today?

So many people I wonder about, but these are just a few

Ten years! Can you believe it!!?? Just incredible!

2. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Barbara,

I too wonder about all the players in this most awful drama. Of course we all know that the main 2 players, the ones still under the umbrella of suspicion, have moved on with their lives. !eh! Seems more than strange to me. However here in my area there was an arrest recently for a murder of a young man 9 years ago. They had a palm print from his car and that was all they had. It happened that one of the perps was in jail for some other unrelated crime and they had his palm print for that offense. His name had been brought up during the investigation as well as his brothers but then nothing developed from it. I think they didn't have his palm print at the time of the murder only finger prints because of some technocality. Strange eh! But my point is this. It was a murder from 9 years ago and now it is solved. So there is hope. I realize we don't have any smoking gun or something as difinitive as a single palm print of our perp....how could we as they lived in the house...

3. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

The other difference is that the DA in your community is willing to arrest and prosecute suspects. The Boulder DA isn't. Especially if the suspects are wealthy and well-connected.

The Boulder DA didn't do it ten years ago, and they aren't going to do it now.

No one will ever be brought to trial for what happened to JonBenet. The only thing will can hope for is that years from now, after Patsy and John have left this earth, maybe Burke or someone else will feel like they can tell the truth of what they know.

4. rashomon

rashomon Member

What do you people think about Tom Bennett coming back as an investigator? Do you think this is a good sign?
    Have there been any rumors as to why he left in 2005? Has the DA's office ever commented on why he left?
    Oh, how I'd like to know what Bennett thought of Lou Smit's completely unsubstantiated intruder scenario!
    But Mary Lacy saying she was pleased Tom Bennett is back makes me somewhat uneasy too - for wasn't she a believer in Lou Smit's intruder theory?
    Has Bennett ever given a hint as to who he thinks did it?

When Bennett was hired in 2003, Mary Keenan said (Journey Beyond Reason, p. 208):

"The primary direction we're giving (Bennett) is to use his experience to guide him", Keenan said. "If he feels the investigation shouldn't go into a direction we haven't, we're going to defer to his opinion."

Did Mary Keenan (Lacy) keep her word? Did the DA's office 'defer to Bennett's opinion'? That would interest me immensely.

5. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

I believe I can answer most of your questions in an indirect
    manner. Letters To:

Mary Keenan (December 26, 2002) - evaded, no response
    Mary Keenan (May 20, 2003 certified) - evaded, no response
    Mary Keenan (June 18, 2003, certified) - evaded, no response
    Jim Kolar (Nov.17, 2005 ) - evaded, no response
    Tom Bennett (May 15, 2006) -evaded, no response

The common of the letters is that they all point out (and prove)
    that all the alleged evidence of an alleged intruder is fallacy.
    The letters simultaneously point out the actual evidence. That is
    not what they want to read, and since they can't refute, they
    simply ignore. The essence of ownership is control. Is there
    really any doubt that Lin Wood and the Ramseys own DA, Mary
    Keenan Lacy?

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Not a doubt in my mind.

7. rashomon

rashomon Member

Easywriter, if it's like that, things indeed look bad.
    Hmm, there seems to exist something like the 'Boulder virus', which obviously has affected even people who entered this case unbiased, like Tom Bennett, who had no previous ties to the Ramsey investigation and who said he had no position on the case nor any prior knowledge of it other than that what he had seen in news reports. (Journey Beyond Reason, p. 210). He is regarded as a thorough detective.
    Now wouldn't any thorough detective have gotten at the truth in that case? With all that overwhelming circumstantial evidence pointing at no one but the Ramseys?? Of course he would have. But has Tom Bennett become 'swayed' by that 'Boulder virus' too?
    Strange and contagious virus, isn't it: Alex Hunter suffered from it, and Mary Keenan Lacy seems to have contracted the virus too. Or Mark Beckner, who when entering the case said the Ramseys were obviously guilty but then was 'paralyzed' too by that virus and got stuck.
    Unfortunately there is no vaccination against this virus. People are either prone to be affected by it or they are not. (Steve Thomas for example was immune to it!).
    That 'virus' is by no means unknown or unresearched: It is called human COWARDICE.
    And unless an independent and fearless prosecutor is going to handle the JBR case, it will never see the inside of a courtroom. A prosecutor who will not let himself be intimidated by aggressive 'attack dog' lawyers like Lin Wood. A prosecutor who will bite back, using his power, and not back away. A prosecutor who in the name of the people, will see himself as the lawyer for the dead victim, as every prosecutor should. A prosecutor who will speak for JonBenet who can't speak for herself anymore.
    A prosecutor who will not let his personal career interests stop him when it comes to necessary confrontation, and who will not duck out of his responsibility. For imo it was not exactly incompetence which made Alex Hunter such a catastrophic DA - because Hunter knew perfectly well that the Ramseys were responsible for JB's death - it was his cowardice which prevented him from handling the case as it should have been handled, and which even drove him to obstruction of justice.
    Shame on him and all the other cowards involved in this case who have sunk the ship of this investigation!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  8. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

The media is sure to fill in the blanks on "Where are they Now" as soon as the 10th anniversary rolls around in December.

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

No doubt here, either. Lacy's middle name must be "Welcome."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice