Republicans cross line to support Bill Ritter for Governor

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

http://www.longmontfyi.com/region-story.asp?ID=8204

Publish Date: 6/13/2006

Republicans cross lines to support Bill Ritter

By Kate Martin
    Times-Call News Group

FORT COLLINS — Five area Republicans crossed party lines Monday morning to endorse Bill Ritter, a Democrat, for governor of Colorado.

Ritter faces whoever emerges from the Republican primary: Bob Beauprez or Marc Holtzman. Holtzman was added to the primary ballot Friday, but votes for him will be counted only if he can successfully challenge the rejection of his candidacy petition.

Noting that it was unusual, five area Republicans hosted a press conference outside of the Larimer County Courthouse Offices Building, 200 W. Oak St., and spoke of Ritter’s merits.

“He is a man of the highest integrity,†eight-term former Larimer County District Attorney Stu VanMeveren said. “He will be a great governor for the state of Colorado.â€

Former Larimer County Commissioner Cheryl Olson, former House District 51 Rep. Bill Kaufman, former U.S. Rep. Jim Johnson and Fort Collins attorney Don Johnson also stood by Ritter during the announcement.

Jim Johnson also is the chairman of the Committee to Elect Eric Eidsness, a Reform Party candidate for the 4th Congressional District seat currently held by Republican Marilyn Musgrave.

Ritter said he was “humbled†by the Republicans’ strong support. He said his vision of hope for Colorado’s future speaks across party lines.

Ritter said there will be other events around the state that feature Republicans who support his campaign, but they are not yet scheduled.

Olson said she supported Ritter the moment she heard he might run for governor.

“We share many conservative philosophies,†she said. “He doesn’t want me to use the word ‘conservative,’ but he truly is someone who knows what he believes, doesn’t necessarily follow a party line and wants to do what’s best for Colorado I really like his hopeful attitude.â€

2. Watching You

What's best for Colorado is to expose the seamy underside of Boulder and get rid of the do-nothing DA and her cronies.

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

:highfive:

4. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Yeah, but it takes more than just one ousting to clear the temple on this one. Crooked politicians are like roaches. You can't eliminate just one and think that the job is now complete.

5. Watching You

Yeah, I know JustChillun, the corruption runs deep.

6. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I'm just getting around to reading some of these threads.

I don't guess Boulder has any woundeds. :dervish:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice