Exclamation Heads Up for Parents Traveling With Children

Police Shoot Man at Las Vegas Airport

Police Shoot Man at Las Vegas Airport After He Grabbed Child and Ran Through Checkpoint

LAS VEGAS Jun 27, 2006 (AP) Police shot and wounded a man at the city's international airport Tuesday after he grabbed a 3-year-old boy at knifepoint and ran through a security area, authorities said.

The child was unharmed and returned to his mother, who was at the airport, said Elaine Sanchez, spokeswoman for McCarran International Airport. The man was taken to a hospital.

...snip

After the 25-year-old man grabbed the boy, he ran through an exit lane intended for passengers leaving the gates, officials said.

Three officers confronted him at the other side of the checkpoint, police said. One used a Taser gun to stun the man, police said.

He dropped the child and charged at the officers, said police spokesman Jose Montoya. Two officers each fired once.
    ...snip

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2126870
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

Don't they bother to train cops to shoot anymore... there's no reason that man should be wounded instead of dead.

Yeah, they do, Freebird. Cops are screwed either way - if they kill a guy who shows no weapon, they are raked over the coals, investigated to the hilt. If they don't, they are still raked over the coals. I'm surprised that stun gun didn't put this guy down. He must have been pumped up on something.

BTW, my daughter can out shoot all the guys in the department on the firing range. Hitting a moving target isn't like lying in wait for prey in the woods and firing at a deer. No matter how well trained, most police officers are not natural killers.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Okay, my mistake. I see this guy did display a weapon - a knife. They would have been justified in killing him, but they are trained to disable, if possible, rather than kill.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Angry

The problem is the guy will be back on our streets in a few years and will do it again.
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

Hey WY, I was actually being sarcastic about the way we handle the predators roaming our streets. Because this ahole lived some slimey lawyer like LW will make money on getting him back on our streets to suceed in abducting/killing an innocent child.