Exclamation Elian Majan - Missing from Irving, TX

Police Suspect Texas Tot Abducted

IRVING, Texas (AP) Authorities fear that a 2-year-old boy who disappeared while playing at a park was abducted, police said.

An Amber Alert was issued for Elian Majano on Thursday, the day after his mother drove him to the park to play. Yancy Majano, 24, told police her son was out of her sight for only a minute or two.

"We have to make a logical assumption now that an abduction has taken place," said police spokesman David Tull.

The boy's 4-year-old brother, who was with Elian just before he disappeared, was taken into custody by Child Protective Services over concerns that the children might not have had adequate supervision, said CPS spokeswoman Marissa Gonzales.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/ap/..._abducted.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

Post 2 avenues pursued in search for boy

Irving: Investigators consider abduction, fall into sinkhole

07:45 PM CDT on Tuesday, June 27, 2006
    By KATHERINE UNMUTH / The Dallas Morning News

Police are fielding tips on the possible abduction of Elian Majano but have not ruled out that the 2-year-old may have fallen into a sinkhole.

The sinkhole, discovered when Elian went missing Wednesday night in Irving's Lively Park, was created by a broken sewage pipeline.

Elian Majano "We have two possibilities," Irving police spokesman David Tull said. "If the boy has fallen into the sewage pipe, his fate is sealed. If Elian is with somebody, we are doing our best to find him and get him back with his parents."

Elian disappeared while he and his 4-year-old brother were playing unsupervised in the 25-acre park as his mother sat in a truck in the parking lot with a friend.

Authorities described the man as her boyfriend. Yancy Majano, who is married, said he was just a friend.

An extensive two-day search of the park turned up no clues on Elian's whereabouts. An Amber Alert for him remains active.
    ...snip

Bloodhounds search
    During searches last week, bloodhounds picked up Elian's scent at the sinkhole near the parking lot and at a playground about 1,500 feet away.

"They could not find a trail leading anywhere else," according to a statement submitted by Irving police Sgt. Stephan Granberry.

The document was part of an affidavit submitted in juvenile court by Child Protective Services. The agency took Elian's brother, Alexis, into protective custody Thursday over concerns that he was not being adequately supervised.

...snip

CPS officials say Ms. Majano, who is from El Salvador, initially told police through translators that she lost sight of Elian as she removed Alexis from the truck. She told CPS that Elian disappeared in about 30 seconds but later changed her story and said she was in the truck while her children played outside for an unknown amount of time.

CPS officials noted that the playground was not visible from the parking lot.

"It is apparent that the mother's negligent supervision led to her son Elian's disappearance," the affidavit said.

'No negligence here'
    Dallas attorney Raul Loya said Elian's disappearance happened very quickly.

"CPS is out of line," said Mr. Loya, who is representing Ms. Majano and her common-law husband, Gilberto Bercian, 52. "The family did nothing wrong. There's no negligence here."

Alexis has been staying with a foster family. He is scheduled to see his parents for the first time Wednesday.

Alexis told police that he and his brother crossed a bridge over the drainage ditch and went to a playground next to the pool on the other side of the park closest to O'Connor Road.

Mr. Loya said the bloodhounds' scent leading farther away to the playground may not be credible. He said the dogs may have picked up Alexis' scent as he and his mother initially searched for Elian.

The police affidavit also noted that the shirt and shoe the bloodhounds used to track Elian may have included Alexis' scent.

...snip

After an unsuccessful search of the Irving park Thursday, "we felt the higher probability was the abduction," Officer Tull said.

...snip

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....c53ce5fe.html

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

Post Search for missing tot is widened

Irving: Police monitor GP treatment plant but find no sign of boy, 2

11:59 PM CDT on Wednesday, June 28, 2006
    By KATHERINE LEAL UNMUTH / The Dallas Morning News

A flurry of overnight activity at a Grand Prairie wastewater treatment plant yielded no clues in the disappearance of a 2-year-old boy.

Irving police detectives arrived at the plant Tuesday night to monitor incoming sewage for any signs of the body of Elian Majano, who disappeared while playing with his 4-year-old brother in Lively Park on June 21.

...snip

Police have been investigating at least two scenarios in the disappearance: that Elian fell into a sinkhole created by a broken sewer line near a parking lot, or that he was abducted. After a firefighter's initial search of the hole yielded nothing, police issued an Amber Alert, which remains in effect.
    ...snip

Two officials have monitored the incoming flow into the plant 24 hours a day since Elian went missing. The flow travels through 56-foot-tall bar screens that filter out material and move it onto a conveyor belt that leads to trash bins.

"The Dumpster that was in use on the evening the young boy disappeared was emptied, searched and reloaded to ensure that we did not miss him or any evidence [clothes, flip flops] that he was in the collection system," Mr. Jadrosich noted.

Officer Tull said investigators have moved in and out of the plant throughout the investigation.

He also noted a company, GSWW Consulting, is checking for blockages in Irving's sewer lines and testing the fitness of pipes and probably will be digging along the line in the park.

City workers have also lowered cameras on pontoons into the pipes and popped sewer tops at different points to check for the boy.

Also on Wednesday, Elian's parents met for about an hour with their 4-year-old son, Alexis, who was placed in foster care by Child Protective Services. Alexis was placed with CPS because of concerns about a lack of supervision of the boys at the park.

The parents will appear in court July 5 to ask that Alexis be returned to their care.

Police continue to accept tips at a hotline. Call 972-721-8080.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...n.5c78816.html