Let's exonerate Patsy..

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by 1000 Sparks, Jul 1, 2006.

1. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

We've all given reasons why the Ramseys/Patsy should have been arrested.

To be fair, I think we should list the reasons why she should be exonerated....seeing as the defense (RST) seems to refute everything negative...

Someone else go first please.

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I remain neutral in this, but my gut feeling is that Patsy didn't kill Jonbenet.

I think this because I believe she was focused on appearance and social standing and impressions and because she had a lot of friends, money and good looks. She has no apparent history of drugs or alchohol abuse and no evidence of violent behaviour to her children. She was also a domestic slob and I can't see her getting het up about a wet bed or a tantrum about outfits.

I am also intrigued by her offer to "take ten of 'em" when asked if she would take a polygraph. I don't think that is a sign of guilt.

I think John engineered their lack of co-operations for reasons of John Ramsey-ness.

3. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Thanks Jayelle

ok then, let's exonerate John.... (although I think Patsy did it)...

John couldn't have done it because______________________________

4. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Sparky

Sparky, didn’t you really mean “exorcise?†LOL.

Exonerate: "To clear from an accusation or from blame: declare innocent."

Okay, let’s see if I can think of reasons to exonerate Patsy:

Well, let’s see now. She’s, well…she’s….(not that) but she is or was….
    Whatever…oh, I know…she was/is….no that one…..

Seriously, Sparky, I do not mean to rain on your parade, but as hard as I try, I simply cannot conjure up one measly little old legitimate reason and/or excuse to exonerate Patsy.

She was who she was: this quaint, frilly creature who could not help herself. BUT, she did something that, to us ordinary, law-abiding citizens, is utterly unthinkable.

From the getgo, I did not want to believe that she did this terrible thing; accident or no. But, the evidence is overwhelming, as to her guilt.
    The “grand†cover up (IMHO) is without dispute, and it has Patsy’s little paws written all over it. (Not to mention the “ransom note,†which, most certainly had her paws all over it.)

Whenever I think of all those innocent people she “threw under the bus,†I cannot put “exonerate†in the same sentence with her name. The hurts and sorrows she caused so many people are unforgivable. Ramifications from her false accusations will, no doubt, still be felt for many years to come; by the children and grandchildren of those she accused.

So, dear Sparky, from a scale of one to ten, I would have to place Patsy’s guilt at 10 plus, plus, plus.

Exonerate, did you say? P L E A S E!!!!!

:leaf:

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Not gonna happen, Sparky.

To believe in the Intruder, you have to believe that this started as a legit kidnapping. Legit means - Get In, Get Kid, Get Out.

Not feed the kid pineapple, not choke the life out of her or bust her skull from back to front, not leave a theatrical advertisement for John's business while hating America, not wipe down the child's body and leave it in a spot few knew of. Those are just a few of the bare basics that I wish I could get over, so that I too, could sing the praises of the recently departed instead of dwelling in the rock bottom Guttah.

I'm awful.
    RR

6. Elle

Elle Member

After seeing the rerun of Steve Thomas battling alone with the Ramseys on LKL last night. I am more convinced that Patsy did cause her daughter's accidental death. Steve sure did his best, and did accuse Patsy on the air of the accidental death of JonBenét. This must have been satisfying for Steve Thomas.

Later, in the same program last night with Lin Wood, there was yet another rerun with just Patsy and John, much later than the first one. Both Ramseys could not even tell Larry King anything about that morning of 26 December, 1996, when he asked them. With a disgusting look on his face, John Ramsey tells Larry "this was three years ago," as if to ask him what the hell he was asking them "this" question for. What a nerve! of course, Larry King was just not strong enough a host to really sock it to him. Maybe we need Howard Stern(?).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2006
  7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh! I thought of one! I thought of one!

Patsy should be exonorated because Lin Wood will sue us for saying otherwise! :wood:

Oh, darnit. No, that doesn't apply now.

Oh, wait! :idea:

Because she puts on a good show! :angel:

Because she's so religious! :pray:

Because some people like her so much! :grouphug:

Did I do good, Sparks? :tsmile:

8. koldkase

Now, hang on, Larry is subtle, you have to pay attention to catch his skill. When John said we don't remember, it's been three years, Larry said exactly what he should have: Well, you just wrote a book about it, you must remember something.

I loved that. Because in their book, they detail that morning quite precisely. Not that they didn't change their story every time they told it.

9. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Koldkase

You flunked! LOL.

:leaf:

10. koldkase

:did:

11. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I am torn between posting this in the things we love about Patsy thread or the reason to exonerate her thread

Can we exonerate her on her deep, deep, deep Christianity, her purity, her closeness with God and all things good, her love of others, her compassion for others (after all, she and John weren't even angry at the murderer), her deep spirituality or should we just exonerate her on her "great" sense of humor and playfulness, like the time.......

HER AND SUSAN STINE CALLED A WOMAN (THE REPORTERS WIFE) AND CLAIMED TO BE HIS MISTRESS AND THEN LITERALLY BRAGGED IN DOI HOW FUNNY THAT WAS!

I wonder if the wife thought it was funny. For all Patsy knew, this woman may have had a medical condition that upset might have an effect on....or....maybe this woman had CANCER just like Patsy and the stress caused her more illness, etc. like we did to Patsy, according to the RST

Let's remember, this is only one little tidbit of Patsy's humorous side. Surely there must be more.

While I take no joy in the slow and painful death of anyone, including Patsy, I simply refuse to change my opinion of Patsy just cause she's gone (but not forgotten)

Where was Patsy and John, or for that matter, anyone else RST publicly reprimanding Jameson for what she did to Ariana Pugh and that family???? Where was the Ramsey outcry that that was a terrible thing to do??? Where was any of their public outrage at some of the things Jameson did in their defense and in their name, like cause real anguish to posters, the Whites, the Pughs, Oliva, the McReynolds, and others who Jameson caused tremendous heartaches for (and continues to do)

Yeah, that Patsy was just the perfect Christian!

Sorry guys, the more I read her obits/articles and the sickening purity that is attributed to her, the angrier I get, or maybe it's just nausea

12. Karole28

Karole28 Banned

Let's see..Patsy's good qualities that prevent her from being a child murderer...

umm..yeah.

well, she..umm..see, she..

Oh hell, forget it.

I can't get past the dead child long enough to see her good qualities.

Some of her qualities are qualities I look for in friends. She's catty and I love that. She's obviously unconcerned with housekeeping and I admire that too. It shows she has a busy full life (had) and didn't have to impress people with her kitchen floor gleaming.
    She wore her clothes 2 days in a row, see above.

In anyone else, I'd say, hey! there's an interesting person.

But, yeah..believing she murdered her child kind of cancels all of those great qualities out.

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"Sorry guys, the more I read her obits/articles and the sickening purity that is attributed to her, the angrier I get, or maybe it's just nausea"

Both, in my case.

"Patsy should be exonorated because Lin Wood will sue us for saying otherwise!"

F him! Woody's a chicken!

"no evidence of violent behaviour to her children."

Sometimes I wonder, Jayelles. I know one person was willing to put in print that she would hit JB. Plus, JB had an awful lot of nasty-looking bruises.

"Whenever I think of all those innocent people she "threw under the bus," I cannot put "exonerate" in the same sentence with her name. The hurts and sorrows she caused so many people are unforgivable."

I have to agree. I can understand not wanting to go to prison. We all know what happens to child-killers in the big house. But not this...

14. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Kids get bruises. I have a six year old and I'm always asking her where she got this bruise and that one - she never knows where she got them. My reasons for asking are slightly different. I am slightly paranoid about unexplained bruises because I know they can be a sign of blood disease. We have a "no smacking" rule in our house.

15. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

That's why I can't be sure. I know when I was a kid, I got into trouble all the time.

16. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

The only reason I can think of is if Burke was guilty and Patsy did the mother thing and threw herself in front of her child to save his life.

17. Skigwy

Skigwy Member

Okay, fine, I exonerate them.

Actually, even by extending full and generous benefit of doubt and giving great weight to the No History and the like... the Ramseys' public statements and appearances & actions and reactions and their police interviews and that damn book they wrote, still umbrella-izes them into, at the least, the ol Guilty Knowledge catagory.

18. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

To exonerate Patsy you need look no further than the "fact" that a mother would NEVER do such things to that child. Just doesn't happen. Besides, she's obviously a forgiving and charitable soul ... just look how she has welcomed the insane Jameson into her upwardly mobile dream world.

BTW, does the pic of Sue Bennett that I posted look like she could be the ugly, evil twin sister of the insane Runaway Bride?

YumYum

19. Elle

Elle Member

I think Larry King could have done a far better job the night Steve Thomas was on. Only once did LK put up his hand to stop John Ramsey from interrupting Steve. He should have stopped both Patsy and John more often than he did. Even Steve Thomas turned his head and said to Larry, that he couldn't get the chance to talk at one time, because Patsy and John kept interrupting him. This is the way I see it!

I would need to check the second rerun again to see if I missed that, but he didn't jump in fast enough as far as I was concerned when Patsy talked about coming down the spiral stairs, and just not giving a reasonable answer.

20. koldkase

I know how you feel, Elle. But coming on hard with the Rams would do one thing and one thing only: get them to freeze up, maybe walk off the show, and never come back. The only reason King gets the people he does is because he doesn't humiliate or embarrass anyone. We've gotten a whole lot of info on this case from the Rams talkingtalkingtalking. People see what they're doing. They tripped themselves up every time they spoke out.

So I'm just saying I'm glad Larry did ask some questions that challenged some of the things that were said.

And as for what happened between Thomas and the Rams, I honestly don't blame King for not jumping in the middle of that more. He tried to mediate, but it was clear that both sides had an agenda: Thomas to get the Rams to incriminate themselves, and he did a good job of showing them for their true selves, angry at LE more than at the killer of their child. When did we EVER see them that mad, talking about the murderer? NOT EVEN CLOSE. And the Rams wanted to get Thomas to incriminate himself, for their law suit against him. It was a tug of war all the way. Again, people heard what Thomas repeated about the facts of what was done to JonBenet, including the prior molestation, which the Rams dodged and it was obvious. They heard about the ransom note which only Patsy could not be eliminated from writing. They heard that the Rams NEVER went to the BPD to help in the investigation, but blamed LE anyhow for the failure to solve the case. They heard the Rams make excuses and saw their not-so-docile anger and evasions. They heard the Ramseys loud and clear: we're not here to clear up anything or solve the murder of our child, just to trap you.

And so the public saw how the Ramseys truly operated the entire investigation. I'm glad Larry King got this show. And I think it is impressive that he chose that to show during the first half of the segment with Wood. I saw Wood about to bust a gut when he realized it. It wasn't for nothing.

I was just sooooo relieved that it wasn't another Schiller or Tracey or Wood complete obfuscation of the facts of evidence. That's what I expected.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice