Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

"Sorry guys, the more I read her obits/articles and the sickening purity that is attributed to her, the angrier I get, or maybe it's just nausea"

Both, in my case.

"Patsy should be exonorated because Lin Wood will sue us for saying otherwise!"

F him! Woody's a chicken!

"no evidence of violent behaviour to her children."

Sometimes I wonder, Jayelles. I know one person was willing to put in print that she would hit JB. Plus, JB had an awful lot of nasty-looking bruises.

"Whenever I think of all those innocent people she "threw under the bus," I cannot put "exonerate" in the same sentence with her name. The hurts and sorrows she caused so many people are unforgivable."

I have to agree. I can understand not wanting to go to prison. We all know what happens to child-killers in the big house. But not this...

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher
    "Sorry guys, the more I read her obits/articles and the sickening purity that is attributed to her, the angrier I get, or maybe it's just nausea"

Both, in my case.

"Patsy should be exonorated because Lin Wood will sue us for saying otherwise!"

F him! Woody's a chicken!

"no evidence of violent behaviour to her children."

Sometimes I wonder, Jayelles. I know one person was willing to put in print that she would hit JB. Plus, JB had an awful lot of nasty-looking bruises.

"Whenever I think of all those innocent people she "threw under the bus," I cannot put "exonerate" in the same sentence with her name. The hurts and sorrows she caused so many people are unforgivable."

I have to agree. I can understand not wanting to go to prison. We all know what happens to child-killers in the big house. But not this...
    Kids get bruises. I have a six year old and I'm always asking her where she got this bruise and that one - she never knows where she got them. My reasons for asking are slightly different. I am slightly paranoid about unexplained bruises because I know they can be a sign of blood disease. We have a "no smacking" rule in our house.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    Kids get bruises.
    That's why I can't be sure. I know when I was a kid, I got into trouble all the time.

The only reason I can think of is if Burke was guilty and Patsy did the mother thing and threw herself in front of her child to save his life.

Okay, fine, I exonerate them.

Actually, even by extending full and generous benefit of doubt and giving great weight to the No History and the like... the Ramseys' public statements and appearances & actions and reactions and their police interviews and that damn book they wrote, still umbrella-izes them into, at the least, the ol Guilty Knowledge catagory.

To exonerate Patsy you need look no further than the "fact" that a mother would NEVER do such things to that child. Just doesn't happen. Besides, she's obviously a forgiving and charitable soul ... just look how she has welcomed the insane Jameson into her upwardly mobile dream world.

BTW, does the pic of Sue Bennett that I posted look like she could be the ugly, evil twin sister of the insane Runaway Bride?

YumYum

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase
    Now, hang on, Larry is subtle, you have to pay attention to catch his skill. When John said we don't remember, it's been three years, Larry said exactly what he should have: Well, you just wrote a book about it, you must remember something.

I loved that. Because in their book, they detail that morning quite precisely. Not that they didn't change their story every time they told it.
    I think Larry King could have done a far better job the night Steve Thomas was on. Only once did LK put up his hand to stop John Ramsey from interrupting Steve. He should have stopped both Patsy and John more often than he did. Even Steve Thomas turned his head and said to Larry, that he couldn't get the chance to talk at one time, because Patsy and John kept interrupting him. This is the way I see it!

I would need to check the second rerun again to see if I missed that, but he didn't jump in fast enough as far as I was concerned when Patsy talked about coming down the spiral stairs, and just not giving a reasonable answer.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

I know how you feel, Elle. But coming on hard with the Rams would do one thing and one thing only: get them to freeze up, maybe walk off the show, and never come back. The only reason King gets the people he does is because he doesn't humiliate or embarrass anyone. We've gotten a whole lot of info on this case from the Rams talkingtalkingtalking. People see what they're doing. They tripped themselves up every time they spoke out.

So I'm just saying I'm glad Larry did ask some questions that challenged some of the things that were said.

And as for what happened between Thomas and the Rams, I honestly don't blame King for not jumping in the middle of that more. He tried to mediate, but it was clear that both sides had an agenda: Thomas to get the Rams to incriminate themselves, and he did a good job of showing them for their true selves, angry at LE more than at the killer of their child. When did we EVER see them that mad, talking about the murderer? NOT EVEN CLOSE. And the Rams wanted to get Thomas to incriminate himself, for their law suit against him. It was a tug of war all the way. Again, people heard what Thomas repeated about the facts of what was done to JonBenet, including the prior molestation, which the Rams dodged and it was obvious. They heard about the ransom note which only Patsy could not be eliminated from writing. They heard that the Rams NEVER went to the BPD to help in the investigation, but blamed LE anyhow for the failure to solve the case. They heard the Rams make excuses and saw their not-so-docile anger and evasions. They heard the Ramseys loud and clear: we're not here to clear up anything or solve the murder of our child, just to trap you.

And so the public saw how the Ramseys truly operated the entire investigation. I'm glad Larry King got this show. And I think it is impressive that he chose that to show during the first half of the segment with Wood. I saw Wood about to bust a gut when he realized it. It wasn't for nothing.

I was just sooooo relieved that it wasn't another Schiller or Tracey or Wood complete obfuscation of the facts of evidence. That's what I expected.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

It seems that now that Patsy's dead a lot more folks are getting some balls and speaking out about how they really feel.

Even Candy seems to have picked up some shadow of a notion of autonomy.
    It's all just my opinion. They're like noses-everybody has one.

"Personally, I think lawyers who immerse themselves in themselves are disturbed individuals who need to get a life, and are to be both prayed for and pitied." -quote from The HyperScrubulator, May 25th 2004

Default Exonerate Patsy? Let Me Count The Ways.

Exonerate Patsy?

Let's be honest here. In those first hours when concern had heightened and focused their senses on the dire task at hand, Patsy and John performed flawlessly. Their parental juices were flowing immediately, and focused clearly upon the safety and security of their family. They took all of the steps that any fool in a similar situation would know to take. Even Barney Fife would have known what to do in these circumstances.

1. They looked in on Burke to see if he was in bed, and investigated closer to verify that he was breathing and uninjured.

2. They woke up Burke and asked whether he heard or saw anything.

3. They took the critical step to keep Burke CLOSE ... safe ... not isolated, asleep, and alone in his bedroom when the possibility of an intruder existed.

4. They tell the cops the truth about the fact that Burke had been awake at the time of the 911 call.

5. They called friends and neighbors to see whether they had heard from JonBenet ... and to enlist their help when and IF they or the police deemed it necessary.

Oops! They didn't do ANY of those things. But I'm sure that there are plenty of other reasons to exonerate Patsy. Hmmm ...

YumYum

I don't believe the Ramsey account of what happened that morning - but I blame John for that. I think he felt that they were above the police - substantiated by the fact that he felt "insulted" at being routinely investigated. I think John decided what the police needed to know and expected them to get on with it - on his say so.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase
    I know how you feel, Elle. But coming on hard with the Rams would do one thing and one thing only: get them to freeze up, maybe walk off the show, and never come back. The only reason King gets the people he does is because he doesn't humiliate or embarrass anyone. We've gotten a whole lot of info on this case from the Rams talkingtalkingtalking. People see what they're doing. They tripped themselves up every time they spoke out.

So I'm just saying I'm glad Larry did ask some questions that challenged some of the things that were said.

And as for what happened between Thomas and the Rams, I honestly don't blame King for not jumping in the middle of that more. He tried to mediate, but it was clear that both sides had an agenda: Thomas to get the Rams to incriminate themselves, and he did a good job of showing them for their true selves, angry at LE more than at the killer of their child. When did we EVER see them that mad, talking about the murderer? NOT EVEN CLOSE. And the Rams wanted to get Thomas to incriminate himself, for their law suit against him. It was a tug of war all the way. Again, people heard what Thomas repeated about the facts of what was done to JonBenet, including the prior molestation, which the Rams dodged and it was obvious. They heard about the ransom note which only Patsy could not be eliminated from writing. They heard that the Rams NEVER went to the BPD to help in the investigation, but blamed LE anyhow for the failure to solve the case. They heard the Rams make excuses and saw their not-so-docile anger and evasions. They heard the Ramseys loud and clear: we're not here to clear up anything or solve the murder of our child, just to trap you.

And so the public saw how the Ramseys truly operated the entire investigation. I'm glad Larry King got this show. And I think it is impressive that he chose that to show during the first half of the segment with Wood. I saw Wood about to bust a gut when he realized it. It wasn't for nothing.

I was just sooooo relieved that it wasn't another Schiller or Tracey or Wood complete obfuscation of the facts of evidence. That's what I expected.
    Yes. I do see your point here, KK, and you are right, a lot of information does come out. I'm letting my anger run away with me here. I was more controlled this morning watching it, and I did hear Larry quickly mumble something about about them writing their book, but Gawd dammit John Ramsey doesn't let him finish, but I suppose Larry has to wear kid gloves, and be diplomatic. It's too bad the BPD helped bolster their lies.

I should add D.A. Hunter should have charged Patsy Ramsey, and the woos didn't have the courage to do it.
    Last edited by Elle_1; July 2, 2006, 6:47 am at Sun Jul 2 6:47:17 UTC 2006.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.