Where Do You Go To Report A Crime In The Ramsey Case?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

It was illegal for the Grand Juror to talk with Schiller. Black and white. Plain and simple.

So I guess we call the Boulder D.A's office right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *GASP* HAHAHAHAHAHA

2. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Yeah, just what was she doing?!

3. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I remember checking that out several years ago here in Texas; it's illegal here too. If I'm remembering correctly, there was only a small fine for grand jurors talking.

4. Tricia

Remember the big bruhaha a few years back about trying to get the Grand Jurors to talk? And remember LHP was not allowed to say what was asked of her during her GJ testimony.

Don't worry. Nothing will happen. No one will get in trouble. It's Boulder. It's the Ramseys. The only one to serve any jail time is Fleet White.

It's just plain obscene.

5. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Whew

Whew!

I have to admit that when I was watching the show and this interview began with the "grand juror", my first reaction was WTF? Isn't it illegal for her to be doing this???? How can this be???? WTF???

The next day, when I saw no post saying WTF?, I just thought it was me and that somewhere, somehow, this woman was allowed to speak

I am so glad that someone else is finally saying WTF???

Rest assured, now that I am seeing it is absolutely still illegal for her to have done this interview, had she had negative things to say about the Ramseys, they would be screaming to press whatever charges are appropriate

Then, I remembered this is Boulder

Edited to ask: Is there a penalty or a law regarding the person who did the interview? presented the interview? plays the interview? PAID perhaps for the interview?

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I'm not sure, but I think they can probably speak as long as they don't reveal actual GJ testimony. That was the strangest GJ I ever heard of. The GJ is a venue for the prosecutor to present some of his evidence in order to indict someone. In this case, a renegade employee of the DA's office sued to be able to present his powerpoint presentation to the GJ - a presentation that went toward the defense of the main suspects. That never should have happened, but it's indicative of all the unprofessional, unethical, and unheard of things that happened in this case.

7. Tricia

WY, I think it works like this.

Linda Hoffman Pugh can talk about the case all she wants. She can say the exact same thing she told the Grand Jury. She just can't say, 'I was asked about Patsy's writing" or whatever her questions were. She can't say, "I told the Grand Jury....." Yet, she can say whatever she wants just as long as she doesn't tie it to the Grand Jury. I think. I could be way off base.

Now, for a Grand Juror to talk about what went on in the GJ room I know that use to be illegal. Remember everyone wanted to talk to the people in the GJ but they were not allowed to speak. Against the law.

I didn't see the actual interview but from what everyone said this Grand Juror talked about what went on in the GJ room.

Use to be illegal and I bet it still is.

Yes, I agree. If this person said anything anti-Ramsey the National Guard would have been called out. The D.A's office would have been in such a frenzy they would have arrested Fleet White just for the hell of it. A curfew for Boulder would have been set, buildings would burn,...Dear God, it would have been ugly.

Whew. Thank goodness this Juror was pro-Ramsey.

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

:floor:

You forgot the Border Patrol!

But I take issue with your assessment that the Grand Juror was pro-Ramsey.

Unless I have just gotten terribly confused with all that went on last week, when I was looking again at my tape of the show...it turned out that Schiller was the one SPINNING that the Grand Jurors "he talked with" couldn't believe a parent could do such a thing to his/her child. In fact, the Grand Juror never once said I DON'T BELIEVE THE RAMSEYS ARE INVOLVED. Just didn't happen. She said relatively little, and Schiller took it from there.

You know, I have wondered from time to time just how Schiller got hold of all the info he put in PMPT. He has said flat out a number of times he had access to case files. I guess I figured he had "inside sources" that were close to the case, but now I wonder. Did he actually GET TO SEE the case files all those years ago? How did that happen? Who gave him permission? Were any files off limits? Does he still get that privilege? Obviously, he now has access to the PowerPoint as well, and the result, as we can see, is that he's drunk the coolaide.

I wonder if that Grand Juror got a release signed by the DA to appear on Schiller's show. Otherwise, WHY would she put herself on TV in direct violation of the Grand Jury law?

And just how can this case keep getting more and more screwed, all these years later? Is someone in Boulder LE in charge of the Division for Screwing Up the JonBenet Murder Case?

9. Tez

Tez Member

I believe you have hit the nail right on the head, there must be a Division for Screwing Up the JonBenet Murder Case. It's headed by none other than Mary Keenan Lacy and Lou Smit.

10. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

That "I can't believe" statement doesn't necessarily mean a person doesn't believe something happened.

People use the I can't believe phrase in place of "it's so hard for me to wrap my head around this" phrase. I can't believe can be different from saying I DON'T believe. I CAN'T believe a woman would deliberately hold her six month old baby's head under water until she drowned, and I CAN'T believe she would systematically drown her remaining four young children the same way. That means my mind can't accept anyone could be capable of doing such an awful thing, because the pictures in my mind of those babies struggling and crying is too much to bear. Yet, I DO believe it because it happened.

I CAN'T believe the terrible abuse that is perpetrated on children every day by their parents. But, I DO believe it, because many little kids are beat on and sexually abused every single day.

I CAN'T believe that any mother or father could do to a child what was done to JBR. That means I don't want to believe that any parent could be capable of such a thing. But, intellectually, I know it is possible.

11. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Schillers role in the Ramsey case reminds me of Bob Woodward's role in the DuhBya Regime. Both claim impartiality ... both claim purely journalistic interest ... both have unparalleled insider access, and both go to pains to portray their coverage in a balanced light. But here's the kicker ... on the really IMPORTANT issues, BOTH slant their analysis in favor of their true benefactors ... the RAmseys and the DuyBya Administration.

It's the classic ploy that some might call, "Bend, but don't break".

You provide unflattering truths in relatively unimportant areas, and that gains you credibility for being evenhanded. That builds trust. But on KEY ISSUES, you distort the truth in favor of your hidden agenda and the distortions go undetected. It's almost impossible for the general public to detect, and is even very difficult for those closely engaged to detect.

It's effective stuff. Your gut says, "this doesn't make sense" ... but ya trust the guy, and have no direct way to dispute what he says ... so ya generally accept it. The key is to listen to yer gut when it says, "There's something wrong with this picture". It generally means that there IS something wrong with the picture. It's kinda like my "YumYum" hat. Ya wanna believe that it's sweet and innocent, but yer gut says, "something's not right here".

Listen to your gut.

...YumYum (I'm from the FEMA and I'm here to help you)

12. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"turned out that Schiller was the one SPINNING that the Grand Jurors "he talked with" couldn't believe a parent could do such a thing to his/her child. In fact, the Grand Juror never once said I DON'T BELIEVE THE RAMSEYS ARE INVOLVED"

He did a lot of that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice