NOW Good Morning America

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Barbara, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Is getting ready to do a segment on Patsy Ramsey .

2. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Thanks, Barbara - here t's saying :wood: attorney Lin Wood will be on.

3. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Hmmmm ... you hafta wonder how much Patsy's circle of "friends" has shrunk. One of her pall bearers was her lawyer! LOL ... a paid mouthpiece! That's GOTTA hurt.

...YumYum

4. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Just ended.

Sadly, just another guest appearance by Lin Wood with the same old, same old spin on what a wonderful woman Patsy was and couldn't possibly have harmed "that child"

However, when spinning the DNA once again, he was careful to refrain from saying it was Caucasian. He only would say it was male and Non Ramsey.

So early in the morning to be this annoyed about the Ramseys.

Time to spike my coffee :bsflag: :wood: :coffee: :banghead: :coffeeup: :scream: :cafe:

5. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Limpy also said "we believe that the DNA is saliva". Of course, he failed to mention who the "we" are. The fact that the WE is the Ramseys and their spin team is important. And the fact that their "belief" is that the DNA is from saliva is purely wishful thinking and NOT fact/science-based is equally important.

It's sad how far journalistic standards have fallen. You will rarely see "journalists" actually challenge what clearly partisan interviewees dole out. Did I say sad? I meant disgusting.

...YumYum

6. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Yikes! Did I say that?! My bad.

...YumYum

Edited by Tricia
    YmYum. Way over the line. Warning...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2006
  7. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

[...YumYum[/QUOTE]

That's horrible. Shame on you.

Edited to take out YumYum's comment.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2006
  8. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

9. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Thanks, Greenleaf - I'd forgotten all about Wood's family history.

10. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

I just now saw program

I took some pictures. Will try and post later.

Woody has no shame and Sawyer did not do her homework.

The most egregious thing to come out of his mouth:

He referred to the DNA as:

"Foreign DNA."

However, in all fareness, he was quick to point out that he meant "foreign, as in foreign, meaning not Ramsey DNA."

However, he succed in getting that one word in. To the uninitiated, hearing the word "foreign" must have immediately made them think of the "foreign" element of the "ransom note." Sneaking that word in was, IMHO, no accident.
    Although he didn't display his usual arrogrance, he was confident, while meticulously enunciating "F O R E I G N.

It doesn't take much imagination to envision his prep talk with John last night, in anticipation of the Good Morning America Show.

John: Now, Woody, on one of those nutty Forums, they are talking about how we have softened our emphasis on the foreign element and are now just talking about the lone intruder.

Woody: Well, John, what do you want me to say?

John: See if you can gracefully inject the word foreign, while being very subtle.

Woody: Now, don't you worry, John. Those idiots on the Forums are too dense to pick up on anything subtle, but I'll do it for the rest of the population, who are so hungry to hear from us. The public really love us, John, and I won't disappoint you. Dianne love us, too.

John: Oh, Woody, you are worth your weight in gold.

Woody: (Under his breadth....wait 'til you get my bill.)

:leaf:

11. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

probably is foreign

I would think the panty DNA probably could be foreign if it is an artifact of a factory worker/packager. That is why I get a little chagrined when they try to say it is from a caucasion. I have heard they can tell ancestry now from DNA - don't know if it's true or not but I would think they would need some decent material to work with.

12. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"So early in the morning to be this annoyed about the Ramseys."

I'm annoyed about them 24/7.

"Lin Wood with the same old, same old spin on what a wonderful woman Patsy was and couldn't possibly have harmed "that child"

I think I'm gonna puke.

13. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, Yum Yum, you better be careful! At the swamp, they are on to you, you child killer, you! They've even figured out a way to catch you! They're all going to volunteer to give DNA samples and pay for processing them. Then, YOU will be CAUGHT, you Ramsey hater!

NO I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP! I AM NOT! I COULDN'T COME UP WITH SOMETHING THIS INCREDIBLE IF THEY HUNG ME BY MY THUMBS AND TICKLED ME TO DEATH!

But in all fairness, the one poster who came up with this little scheme has had it pointed out to him again and again..."self-selection" won't work. Not to be deterred, the braintrust Saluda continued to rant at them, saying all they do is yak yak yak.

Saluda's big plan seems to be...sit down please...TO ELIMINATE THE POPULATION, ONE AT A TIME. With VOLUNTEER DNA samples. Hey, it's a plan!

Here's the really fun part, though. Another poster came after Saluda and ACCUSED BORG OF COMING UP WITH THIS AS A WAY TO ENTRAP THE SWAMP IN SOMETHING SO STUPID! hahaha Can you believe those wackos? NOW THEY'RE EVEN BLAMING US FOR THE STUPID IDEAS THEY COME UP WITH THEMSELVES! :floor:

I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!

14. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

A good friend sent me the transcript to GMA with Lin Wood.
    ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2155397&page=1
    Good Morning America Remembering a Mother Brought Into the Spotlight by Tragedy
    Attorney Lin Wood Said Patsy Ramsey Never Stopped Searching for JonBenet's Killer

Patsy Ramsey, mother of murder victim JonBenet Ramsey, died of Ovarian Cancer Saturday. (ABCNEWS)
    at 'Good Morning America'

July 5, 2006 — Nearly 10 years ago, 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey became a national obsession.

Her bound, strangled body was found in the basement of her Colorado home on the day after Christmas.

Last month, another tragedy struck the Ramsey family when Patsy Ramsey, JonBenet's mother, died at the age of 49 after a long battle with ovarian cancer.

She was buried next to her daughter in an Atlanta cemetery.

The family's attorney, Lin Wood, had been by Patsy and husband John Ramsey's side since 1999. He said the relationship was both personal and professional for him.

"I saw Patsy a couple of weeks before her death," he said to ABC News. "I had breakfast with her and John. She was tired. She was weak. She was frail. John talked at that time about options for treatment, but I had a real sense Patsy knew that after 13 years, she was going to lose the battle that she fought against the vicious disease of ovarian cancer."

"When I put her in the car and left that morning she looked over at me — because we had been talking about the investigation — and she said, 'Tell them to hurry up and find that guy.' Because, as Patsy would say, her words, 'I'm about to conk out.'"

A Baffling Case

The physical evidence in JonBenet's case baffled police.

There was a ransom note with handwriting yet to be matched to anyone; an open window in the basement where an intruder may have entered; and DNA from an unknown male on JonBenet's underwear.

This case is still not close to being solved.

"The mystery lives on because it is a classic whodunit," said Charlie Brennan, a reporter at The Rocky Mountain News.

"There really has been no outward sign that this case has been getting a lot of active investigation of late. … The DA will tell you there is, but from the outside there is very little evidence of that."

From the beginning, police focused their investigation on JonBenet's parents who maintained they had nothing to do with her killing.

"Let me assure you, I did not kill JonBenet," Patsy said when the investigation began. "I loved that child with the whole of my heart and soul."

Some say the Ramseys were tried in the media, but they were never tried in a court of law.

In 1999, a grand jury did not indict Patsy or John Ramsey. Wood said that six or seven libel lawsuits had been brought against various media outlets. All but one has been settled.

A Low Point

Ramsey, who was first diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 1993, told Barbara Walters in a 2000 interview that she had reached her lowest point when her daughter had been killed and that nothing that happened in the media could make that worse.

"I have lost the most precious thing in the world to me — I have lost my child, my little girl, JonBenet. I have gone as low as I could go," she said to Walters.

In 2003, a federal judge dismissed a reporter's libel suit against the couple, ruling that there was almost no evidence to show that one of the Ramseys had killed JonBenet.

Instead, the judge wrote there was "abundant evidence to support their belief that an intruder entered their home and killed their daughter."

Days later Boulder, Colo., District Attorney Mary Keenan said she agreed that "the weight of the evidence is more consistent with a theory that an intruder murdered JonBenet, than it is with a theory that Mrs. Ramsey did so."

That same year, the DNA from JonBenet's underwear was sent to the FBI national database, but no match was ever found.

"What is known is that the DNA is, in fact, that of a male. It is what would be referred to as foreign DNA — that is to say, it is not Ramsey," Wood said. "It is most likely saliva. The database has shown nothing yet."

A Close Family

Through all the speculation and media intrigue, Wood said that the Ramseys had focused their efforts not only on the investigation, but also on raising their son, Burke, who is now 19 and in college.

At the beginning of the case, some had raised the possibility that he could have been involved in his sister's death.

"Burke Ramsey is a testament to the type of parenting, the love that John and Patsy Ramsey brought into their family," Wood said.

"I have always said if people wanted to look into whether Patsy Ramsey was capable of killing JonBenet, they ought to just simply look at the life she lived: a loving mother, a grandmother, a wonderful wife, and devoted and close friend to many people around the country."

"Good Morning America" anchor Diane Sawyer contributed to this report.

15. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

My gosh! That is some good friend you have, Tricia! Lucky you! :beagle:

And there you go. Burke got thrown under the bus again, as well. Poor kid.

16. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I think I'm gonna be sick!

"There was a ransom note with handwriting yet to be matched to anyone; an open window in the basement where an intruder may have entered; and DNA from an unknown male on JonBenet's underwear."

Patsy's handwriting, an window John broke, and old, degraded DNA. And I'll attest to that in court, Woody. Bring it on, you punk!

"Wood said that six or seven libel lawsuits had been brought against various media outlets. All but one has been settled."

Which one's still active?

"In 2003, a federal judge dismissed a reporter's libel suit against the couple, ruling that there was almost no evidence to show that one of the Ramseys had killed JonBenet. Instead, the judge wrote there was "abundant evidence to support their belief that an intruder entered their home and killed their daughter."

Because that idiot Hoffman presented no evidence!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice