Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by YumYum012
    I'm behind in reading this thread. However, I DID read a couple posts that I want to address. They are related to whether or not Lacey knows about Schiller's contact with the Juror. Evidently some didn't read the Matt Sebastian article that I provided the link to. It's an OUTSTANDING article ... READ IT!

http://www.thedailycamera.com/extra/...1/17ajury.html
    YumYum
    I just read it, yum yum, and it's hard for me to believe Lin Wood actually wants the Grand Jury testimony made public. He seems very sure of himself, doesn't he? That this won't backfire against his old friends, the Ramseys (?).?
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Kane seemed to think it would hurt them. He was glad to oblige.

Thanks for bringing this to the discussion, Robin. It is a great article on this topic.

The thing is, in Colorado, unless you are someone who has access to such documents or information, or are somehow part of the case investigation, like a grand juror, you can't get ANYTHING from ANY DA who doesn't want you to have it. That's well known by any reporter in Colorado. The DA has complete discretion to disclose or seal, and no reason required. You can look that up online, as well.

As for the decision by that judge to allow grand jury witnesses to speak about their testimony, that got overturned, remember? When Darnay didn't show up in court for the appeal by Keenan? Yep, Darnay lost a done deal on that one. Every talking head, lawyer, and reporter in Colorado and on TV said that was a no brainer, because the law in question was archaic and it was about time it was overturned. hahaha But DARNAY LOST ON APPEAL.

Wait a minute. Why am I laughing. It's NOT funny.

Still, some legal experts warn that the public's insatiable thirst for news doesn't always supersede the very real need for secrecy in police investigations.

"It's a rare case where having grand jurors talk would jeopardize an investigation," said Scott Robinson, a Denver defense lawyer. "And this is that rare case."
    I just have one question about how this case could be jeopardized. How can this case be jeopardized at this point? I can't see it. For once, I agree with Lin Wood.

Since Schiller broke the ice, I just wish more reporters would jump in. Seems the water is just fine to get some TRUTH...not SPIN...from the grand jurors. If they voted NO BILL, then it's time we knew it. If Hunter didn't let them vote at all, then we need to hear that as well. If they wrote a report, what did it say? If there was a True Bill of indictment but Hunter declined to indict, then let's hear about that.

But I think the behavior of all of LE involved with this case is so compromised, the state of Colorado ought to be jumping to find out what went down to the last detail.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Guys, the law is still black and white AND Keenan didn't know about Schiller's show AND was VERY upset about the Grand Juror appearing.

The law has not changed. Therefore, unless Keenan does something we can all start contacting the Grand Jurors.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    I just read it, yum yum, and it's hard for me to believe Lin Wood actually wants the Grand Jury testimony made public. He seems very sure of himself, doesn't he? That this won't backfire against his old friends, the Ramseys (?).?
    I read it too YumYum, and what I got from the article was nothing has happened to anyone other grand juror who has spoken out.

But this is different. Keenan doesn't want a flood of new information coming out about the case.

I think the only reason Leroy Lincoln Wood said he wanted the grand jury info released is because he knew damn well it wouldn't be. He was able to make it look like he really wanted the truth to come out while the whole time knowing the truth was safe.

If I were Wood, I would be very worried about the grand jurors being able to talk.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.

To be upfront about things...I will offer 5 grand to any JonBenet Ramsey Grand Juror who will do a live Internet chat with FFJ members. No time limit. No limitations whatsoever.

However, I am going to wait and see how it plays out with Keenan. If she does nothing then I'll starting making calls.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia
    I read it too YumYum, and what I got from the article was nothing has happened to anyone other grand juror who has spoken out.

But this is different. Keenan doesn't want a flood of new information coming out about the case.

I think the only reason Leroy Lincoln Wood said he wanted the grand jury info released is because he knew damn well it wouldn't be. He was able to make it look like he really wanted the truth to come out while the whole time knowing the truth was safe.

If I were Wood, I would be very worried about the grand jurors being able to talk.
    Patsys gone. I doubt he's worried about much anymore. Maybe his bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase
    I don't think any of us are having our finest hour right now.

I called a DNA lab in California, Acadiania Criminalistics...or something like that. I spoke with a woman who very nicely explained to me that DNA can "lean" toward one race or another, but there is only one lab she knows of which is pioneering this type of profiling, a company in Florida named DNA Print Genomics, or something like that.

She said this is a very expensive test. She said that company can give you PERCENTAGES of race in the DNA. For example, 98% European. She said the mixture of races can be a problem, because if a person is more black or white, you don't know how that influence shows up in physical appearance. The DNA test will not tell you what race they appear to be. If that makes sense.

But she did say that her lab had once used this company to profile a serial rapist, the S. LA Serial Killer, and the technique worked. He was black and profiled as black in the test. She said because it's so expensive, it would most likely be used by LE for a COLD CASE, or one like their serial rapist, something where LE really needs some help with anything they can get.

I asked if a person is full Asian vs caucasion, would that be clear. She said yes.

I asked if this race test could be done on 10 markers, as opposed to a full 13. She said to do the race ID test, they look for different kinds of markers or some such science type of big words stuff, and uh ah oh different kinds of processes...and um which uh ah...so it's different and she couldn't say yes or no. Which was fine with me, because at that point I was deep in the weeds. (Sorry, but she talked fast and she was at work and I wasn't pushing my luck by asking her to repeat herself.) But I did jot down some more notes, and here they are:

She said this particular test that this Florida company does is a different kind of DNA test...and this is going to be very sketchy from my notes and not at all clear, maybe plain wrong: 10 15 13 markers (?); SDRs; SNIPS; looking for single match ions...? Yeah, that makes lots of sense.

So...I guess now we know that the race CAN be ascertained by this Florida company. What we don't know is if the BDA DID that test.

Anybody want to call Tom Bennett?
    I read a lot about this yesterday. As recently as April, the Genome people were still saying that NO you could not determine race from DNA. However, a scientist called Risch came at this from a different angle and discovered that different races have different medical predispositions and of course, they can determine your predisposition to certain diseases from your DNA. So he did a massive experiment and accurately managed to cluster over 3000 into 4 racial groups baed upon tests which examined their predisposition to certain diseases!

As of February, his work hadn't been "peer-reviewed" and apparently this is crucial for scientific integrity, but other scientists were in agreement that his work was interesting.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Here is a link to a NY Times article that discusses a way to find out who your ancestors were, by percentage (!) of your genes:NY Times

Talking

Great find, Wombat. What ths tests appear to show is that "racial" terminology like caucasian, asian, etc, are NOT clearcut matters. Racial "purity" is pretty much a myth. In the illustration used in the article, the person's DNA indicated that he was 9% Native American, 11% North African, and 80% Caucasian . Depending upon his needs, he could claim to be any oif the three. For student loan purposes, the Native American tag might work best.

How does this apply to Limp Wood's "male caucasion" DNA?

We don't know. It may well be that the DNA, if run thru the testing discussed in the NYT article would yield a donor who is 9% caucasian and 89% Chinese Pantie Factory Worker. Limp would obviously prefer to highlight the caucasian racial component rather than the Chinese Pantie Factory Worker (CPFW) racial component. In other words, the claim is worthless without further detail and explanation.

I just bought some new underwear ... I bet if I had it DNA tested I might find a CPFW racial component, too. And if the Plant Manager was caucasian? Hmmmm ... just like back on the plantation

...YumYum

The article I read by the Genome people mentioned the fact that we are all descended from Africa too!
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia
    Does anyone know if there will be a transcript of this show available?

If not...does anyone want to earn a bit of extra dough to transcribe it for me?
    Tricia - I can send you the tape of the show, if you want... I haven't read past page 4, so don't know if anyone has volunteered yet to do this!!

I'll pm you!
    ~~"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!
    I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~