Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Tez
    I am currently reading a book about the Baton Rouge Serial Killer, Derrick Todd Lee. I am just about to the part about the DNA and how his race was determined by using the DNA. As soon as I read it, I will post the information on how his race was determined.

O/T....The Baton Rouge case is a lesson on how NOT to run a serial killer investigation. That task force most assuredly deserved the name the "Flask Farce."

Here is the latest article on DNA I received from a friend. I posted it on the board yesterday.

UK case set key precedent

Courts leery about allowing new tests

A DNA match is all you need to win a court case, right? Not so fast. Some feel one in a billion doesn't literally mean one in a billion and argue DNA may have sent innocent people to jail

When you hear the letters DNA in a court case, you usually think it's a slam dunk for either the defence or the Crown.

Some aren't so certain that is always the case, however.

Some lawyers and experts are questioning the belief that DNA profiles are unique and can only belong to one person.

When Arizona State Scientific Analysis Bureau workers reported in 2001 that two convicts shared very similar DNA profiles, they didn't know they were opening a legal can of worms and a debate over the uniqueness of DNA profiles. The two men, one African- American, the other caucasian, were unrelated, with very different dates of birth and different last names.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Thanks Elle!

The above is just my opinion, right or wrong, but please leave it at FFJ.