Will Something Be Done In This Case? Is Schiller In Trouble?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

First, thanks to Cookie for breaking the story. Cookie ROCKS.

Rumor has it that Keenan-Lacey is not too happy with Schiller and the fact that he spoke to several members of the Grand Jury. Plus he actually had a Grand Juror, full face and all, talking about what went on in the Grand Jury on his Court TV documentary. Kennan-Lacey, like the rest of us, knows that it is illegal for Grand Jury members to talk about what actually went on inside the Grand Jury.

The Schiller/Court TV show will repeat this Friday, July 7th. Not sure of the show time. I hope Lacey watches it. I remember reading somewhere that she didn't have a TV which I find strange....but...that's a whole other thread. ;)

This is from another thread but just to remind you again what Alex Hunter released the day the Grand Jury wrapped up its business.

Page one;

Attached Files:

2. Tricia

Page two;

Attached Files:

3. Tricia

Page three;

Attached Files:

4. Tricia

If Keenan doesn't put her foot down and actually do something then it will be open season on the Grand Jurors. Heck, I'll even offer them money to speak. Knowing all the while, I won't get into trouble.

5. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

If one can talk

then all of them can talk without any reprecussions????

Maybe Lacey gave him/her permission to show the Rams as innocent...people can now forget the case. End. Period.

What's the next step?

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I almost laughed out loud when I read the title of this thread, Tricia. Lacy do something? Wouldn't that be just a little bit hypocritical after the crap she pulled with Lin Wood and the statements she made in favor of an intruder, thereby effectively burying any case a future DA might try to make against a Ramsey?

Lacy has, in fact, buried the Ramsey case by not allocating funds for further investigation. As long as she is in charge, the case will remain buried in the cold case files. She has used her power as DA to pursue her own personal beliefs that an intruder killed JBR, but she has only paid lip service to the investigation, because there isn't an investigation. It's a joke. She's a joke.

I don't know how much longer she has to serve as DA; I believe she can't run again because of term limits. But, it doesn't matter. Between Hunter and Lacy, they have effectively shut down the case and damaged beyond repair any chance that anyone will ever be indicted. Patsy Ramsey is dead. She escaped judgment in a court on this earth. In all candor, I suspect that is a weight off Mary Lacy's shoulders.

The murder of JonBenet Ramsey was the first, most offensive crime in this case. The staging and coverup of the method of her death was the second crime. But, the subsequent, underhanded, corrupt dealings with defense attorneys, stonewalling, and interference/mishandling of the case in the DA's office was the third, most premeditated crime.

If Lacy does anything about Schiller and the grand juror, I'll be very surprised. As far as I'm concerned, it's Lacy who belongs behind bars for cowardice and complicity.

7. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Amen to that. And Hunter belongs right there with Keenan-Lacey.

Where is a good investigative reporter with cojones when you need them? The corruption in Boulder and the intentional sinking of the Ramsey case would be a monumental story. Of course, the reporter would have to be backed by Deep Pockets when Wood threatens to sue, and later would have to go into an FBI witness protection program to be safe from all the Ramsey/Colorado crony connections and RST crazies who'd want revenge.

The corruption in this case runs deeper than we want to know.

8. Cookie

Cookie Member

When did the first documentary with the Grand Juror air?

9. Tricia

Cookie, it aired a few days ago. It will air again tonight, Friday, I believe.

10. Tricia

WY, I agree one hundred percent but this time Lacey is in a corner and she HAS to do something.

If she allows this grand juror to be interviewed without any reprocussions then it is open season on the grand jury. All of the reporters will want to talk to all of the grand jurors. The last thing Lacey wants is for all of the grand jury info to come out.

Not only is it open season on the Ramsey grand jury but on all grand juries.

This is why Lacey has no choice this time. The only thing to make Lacey do ANYTHING would be the fact that if she does nothing it would be worse for her.

11. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Of course, Lacy would have to do something IF someone brings it to her attention and demands she do something

Who is going to do that and make her pay attention?????

Us? Do you think she'll pay attention to a bunch of beer can collecting, gutter crack hos??????????

Nothing would surprise me more

Why isn't the RST screaming for justice and complaining about GJ leaks??? Perhaps they will if another juror comes forward and says the Ramseys were good for it, but no indictment was requested

Then we'll see the indignation

12. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Why can't we just make the GJ public? Wouldn't even have to use real names.

13. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I have a question

How did Schiller know who the Grand Jurors were? How did he contact them at all?

Did he place an ad in the local paper?

Where did he find them

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

14. Tricia

Barb, you are so right. How did Schiller know who the Grand Jurors were and how to contact them? Hmmmmmm

Someone else brought it to Keenan's attention and she must have listened because she is not happy from what I understand.

If she does nothing than we, as in FFJ, will demand to have the same contact that Schiller did. We want names and contact information released because the ONLY way Schiller could have gotten this info is from someone on the inside. Therefore we will demand the same information and she can't refuse us. Unless she takes action in this case.

15. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

The identities of the Grand Jurors has been known forever. Their pics have been published touring the Ramsey House of Horrors, at the JustUs Center, etc. In addition, profiles of the jurors have been published (fir instince ... Juror 'A' enjoys listening to NPR).

...YumYum

16. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

The US Court of Appeals decision ruling against Linda Hoffman-Pugh may hold a possible out for Schiller ... although I'm not clear on whether their decision refers only to witnesses, or also includes jurors.

The jist of the decision is that Pugh would be free to discuss her testimony:

1. "...once the criminal investigation was complete". While the Grand Jury investigation was completed, the criminal investigation is NOT closed ... so she could NOT talk about her testimony under this provision.

2. "...she could petition a state court for a determination that secrecy is no longer required". That may be a possibility for Pugh at some point. But, I'm not sure that this provision would apply to Grand Jurors petitioning to talk. If so, Schiller could have secretly made petition and been granted permission to talk to Grand Jurors. Sounds unlikely, but this IS Colorado.

BTW ... here's the URL to the article 'splainin' this:

http://www.rcfp.org/news/2003/0808hoffma.html

...YumYum

17. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

... just a quick backup to my previous post regarding the fact that the identities of Grand Jurors is widely known. In fact, James Plese was the grand jury's foreman. How do I know? Cuz Matt Sebastian published it along with other GJ stuff here:

http://www.bouldernews.com/extra/ramsey/1999/15aside.html

There's lots of other stuff like this ... but this should suffice to make my point. Nonetheless, it would STILL be illegal to contact these jurors for the purpose of getting info about their knowledge of proceedingd.

...YumYum

18. Tricia

Their names were published too?

19. Tricia

Yum Yum, Colorado law is very clear. The Grand Jurors are not allowed to talk about the case. That is black and white.

You may be correct in that Schiller might have slipped through some hole but the fact remains, Grand Jurors in Colorado can't talk about what they witness in the Grand Jury Room. That's why this is so outrages.

20. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Tricia, the names are published in the URL I put on the last post. Their names are public domain.

And you may well be right about secrecy for jurors being a hard and fast rules. But I had thought that it was for witnesses in Colorado too ... but it clearly is NOT. So I was just suggesting that there MAY be a loophole that Schiller could legally exploit. I hope that's NOT the case, and he gets nailed, or a clear explanation is made publically. Becuz as some have said, this could open the floodgates to reporters talking to other jurors.

Unfortunately, I have NOT seen the videos being discussed here, so I don't even know the precise nature of the claims being made ... and obviously can't vouche for their accuracy.

...YumYum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice