Email to Schiller.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Last week I sent a very long email to Schiller. Get a cup of coffee and sit back. It's the War and Peace of emails;

Dear Mr. Schiller,

My name is Tricia Griffith. I own www.forumsforjustice.org/forums and www.websleuths.com/forums

At Forums for Justice we have dedicated much time and effort in inventorying, cataloguing, recording, and discussing all the evidence and elements of the Ramsey case.

Like thousands of others, I have read your previous works, including Perfect Murder Perfect Town.

What I loved about PMPT is you wrote about facts of the case as you knew them to be at the time. You let your readers decide what might have happened in the Ramsey home that night.

That is why I, along with many members of Forums for Justice, were so surprised at your recent appearance on Catherine Crier Live and your latest Court TV documentary on the Ramsey case. There were several references you stated in your recent media appearances and in the documentary that just were simply not true or meant absolutely nothing in relation to the case.

For Example;

*You stated that fiber from the rope cord was found in JBR's bed. Not true. You can't source this. If you could you would have. It's just not true. Even if it were true it means nothing. All it proves is the rope was in the house at some point and one single fiber was transferred.

Since fibers are important in determining the truth I would like to point out to you this section of the Ramsey 2000 Atlanta Interviews.

From those interviews come something no one seems to talk about, Specifically:

MR. LEVIN: I think that is
    4 probably fair. Based on state of the
    5 art scientific testing, we believe the fibers
    6 from her jacket were found in the paint
    7 tray, were found tied into the ligature found
    8 on JonBenet's neck, were found on the blanket
    9 that she is wrapped in, were found on the
    10 duct tape that is found on the mouth, and
    11 the question is, can she explain to us how
    12 those fibers appeared in those places that
    13 are associated with her daughter's death.
    14 And I understand you are not going to answer
    15 those.

Have you ever read the Atlanta 2000 interviews? If not the interviews are found on our website, linked as follows;
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4773

*If you say the "intruder" brought the rope into the home, then why didn't she/he bring the ransom note as well? Why would an intruder take the time to write this theatrical ransom note and risk being discovered, while simultaneously using the Ramsey's pad and pen to construct the note.

*You asserted (on Catherine Crier Live) that JonBenet was tied up, and then taken downstairs and fed pineapple? Not even the Ramsey propagandist Lin Wood could come up with anything so non credible.

*The voice-over in the documentary stated the DNA was sourced to a white male? Unless there have been advances in DNA testing in the very recent weeks the scientists do not and can not type the DNA by race; I.E. Caucasian, ETC. To make sure you hadn't discovered something the rest of us haven't I contacted a respected Criminalist who told me the following:
    "If the DNA is from semen or saliva or blood, then the DNA would only be an accurate indicator of gender, and the race would basically be a big guess."
    Recently Lin Wood revealed on Good Morning America that he believed the DNA was from saliva.

*You revealed that a teabag in a glass was found on the table next to the bowl of pineapple. How in any way does this point to an intruder? Patsy drank tea. She drank tea in her first interview with the police.

-------------------------------

Mr. Schiller, I am surprised at how you dealt with the above information. It was not represented in a fair and objective manner. It suggested an explanation most favorable to Patsy Ramsey, and we do not know whether that was your intended result.

What about the ransom note? The ransom note is the most important and solid piece of evidence in this case, without question.

What pedophile ransom kidnapper "killer" takes time to sit down and write such a 3 page note? Even Patsy's sister thought the handwriting looked like Patsy's. She said somebody must have practiced their writing to look hers.

Granted you did cover the ransom note in your documentary but when you also give credibility to items such as the teabag weighing significant as evidence of an intruder, and a non-existent rope fiber, then it detracts from the truth.

Did you ever ask the Grand Jurors if Alex Hunter even asked them to vote whether to indict or not? This is what we don't know. It is very possible that Hunter thanked the Grand Jurors for their time at the end of the session and excused them. Was this an investigative Grand Jury, or a charging Grand Jury, or was no distinction made by Hunter? Therefore the "no indictment" finale in no way exonerates the Ramseys.

Please read Alex Hunter's statement when the Grand Jury concluded their work. It was carefully worded. Read it and I am sure you will understand what I am saying.
    http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/10131999-HunterGJ-Announcement-Pg1.gif

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/10131999-HunterGJ-Announcement-Pg2.gif

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/10131999-HunterGJ-Announcement-Pg3.gif

How about post crime behavior.

Did you know that John and Patsy put in writing that the proceeds of their book would go to the JonBenet Ramsey Foundation? A charity they started in their daughter's name to make sure other children are protected from predators.

Mr. Schiller, not one dime from the Ramsey's book ever went to the foundation. In fact the foundation just evaporated soon after the publicity died down from their book. The foundation does not exist anymore. This lends itself to credibility.

Did you know the Ramseys DO NOT have a website, a tipline, or anything dedicated to help solve the case of their murdered daughter? In fact, the one tipline they put up and actually talk about in their book was incorrectly printed and was never subsequently corrected. You can call the number and talk to the man who has it now. He is used to getting calls. Yet, the Ramseys never bothered to keep the tipline up, or even correct their mistake.

Many of these things, and several others, are never brought up publicly. Don't you think this is important for people to know, so they might make an informed decision about the case?

Do you think Marc Klaas would behave this way? Or John Walsh? With the Ramseys money they could have made a difference. Instead they just avoided Boulder, avoided the police, and avoided what Patsy's sister stated to the Denver Post as this "JonBenet thing."

Mr. Schiller, many of us have come to expect 99% of the people on television to regurgitate the spin of this case as told to them by the Ramseys or Lin Wood. We hold out hope that the remaining 1% would be sincere to the whole truth.

Many people think highly of you Mr. Schiller, as one of those who did their best to speak the truth and to keep the facts straight. If you choose not to take a position publicly on the offender in this case, then we implore you to please introduce and present the facts of the case in a fair and impartial manner so that the public can better come to their own conclusions.

Sincerely,
    Tricia Griffith
    Owner Forums for Justice

When I didn't hear from him for a few days I sent him two more emails to cover the things I missed in the first one.

Dear Mr. Schiller,

One more thing. The Ramsey polygraph.

Did you know the Ramseys took 3 polygraphs before they were able to "pass?" They had to hire someone else to perform the test. Here what Lin Wood said about it on CNN.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRI...5/24/se.02.html

Lin Wood: Consistent with their honesty and their candor, I will tell you that John and Patsy Ramsey, when tested by Jerry Toriello, ran what is referred to in the field as inconclusive charts, inconclusive examinations. Jerry Toriello recommended that John and Patsy be retested. But in making his recommendation, he made it clear to me that the appropriate protocol to be followed would be for someone else to perform the retest. He told me, if you want to go to the best in the country for a retest, you go to Dr. Edward I. Gelb in Los Angeles."

Did you notice the way they questioned the Ramseys?
    Here is a question that was asked of John.

"Regarding JonBenet, do you know for sure who killed her? Answer: No.

Mr. Schiller, why didn't you include the fact that the Ramseys were not able to pass the polygraph with the first person they hired? Isn't that a piece of information the viewing audience should have when trying to come to a conclusion?

You can read more about the polygraph linked here.
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7022&page=1&pp=12

Sincerely,
    Tricia Griffith
    Owner, Forums for Justice

one more quickie,

Dear Mr. Schiller,

Sorry to bother you but I was watching your documentary again and I would like to bring up a few more points.

Why didn't you mention the following:

*The pineapple was consistent with the pineapple in the fridge. Right down to the rhine.

*The flashlight had been wiped clean, including the batteries.

*The coroner who actually did the autopsy does not think for a moment that the marks came from a stun gun.

Mr. Schiller, again, I don't mean to be a pest. I am only hoping you can answer my questions.

Tricia Griffith

I recieved a very nice response from him;

Thanks for keeping me up to speed.

I could have done a two hour show and included all these areas which are important, but Court TV decided what was important for their audience. They had control over the final edit of the show. Please keep in mind that Court TV has their own reasons for including and excluding and editing the show tight.

You’re a big help and I will adjust some of my information in the future.

Regards.

Larry

I am nicely surprised by his response and I hope he sticks to his word.

2. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Here's hoping!

3. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Court TV should be about the truth and unfortuneately it's not. I started wondering about them when started showing a series called "Psychic Detectives" for goodness sakes!

They probably made some promises with the lawsuit settlement as to what and what not they would cover in the future in regards to the Ramsey case.
    At least Schiller's show was much more fair than what we have seen lately on Court TV thanks to a certain British grifter. Helgoth and accomplices or Lucy was never mentioned by Schiller, thank goodness. I hope he is up to speed on that!

And did anyone notice that Fox hardly covered Patsy's death. There was way more coverage on CNN and MSNBC.

4. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Yeah, but a lot of what FOX did cover was shameful. Jeralyn Merritt? Please!

5. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Oh, was she on Fox? I must have missed that. I detest that woman.

6. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

AGH! If only John Ramsey would have worked as hard on finding JonBenet's killer as he did changing the way the media report$!

Larry - we are praying hard that you are here "catching up."

RR

7. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

The Lineup show.

I hate her too. Pozner with her. They're not experts on this case. They're just pimps for the anti-police brigade.

8. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Tricia,

In a way the response you received from Shiller was surprising. I realize that he has moved on to other things and is probably writing another book about another subject. WE are the advocates here for Jon Benet as we have been from the beginning. The fact that he will make adjustments in the future says something, I think. His response was a good one. His mentioning that CourtTV has editorial control over what is aired doesn't surprise me in the least. I have watched CourtTV now as a steady diet in the AM for several years. It is just on in the background as I go about my day. I've gotten such a negative vibe from all the talking heads lately that I wonder why they bother to put on something that is supposed to be the "True" picture of court proceedings. Of course the actual court room stuff is accurate. But it isn't live so that it can be edited. Is the editing fair? I dont' really know.

9. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Tricia

Tricia, your emails to Schiller were excellent!

However, his responses were woefully inadequate.
    I don't believe, for one moment, that Court TV edited his responses.
    He speaks out of both sides of his mouth.
    He has lost what little credibility he had.

:leaf:

But, HOORAY FOR OUR TRICIA!

10. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

It would explain a few things.

11. Elle

Elle Member

Well done, young Tricia! That was telling Lawrence Schiller just the way it was. Let's see if you did make an impact the next time he's on TV (?).

Excellent letter. :rose: :rose:

12. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Tricia, since you're in with Schiller, please e-mail him and ask him if he read The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie when studying the case. There's a single paragraph in the book that combines pineapple, tea and spoon. Ask him also if there was cream in the pineapple bowl. The pictures in the CourtTV thing looked like it had someting white in with the pineapple. Thanks.

13. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Good work, Trish.

But I'm with Greenleaf. And that Globe article didn't change my mind one bit. Not to mention, I heard Schiller on "Crier Live." Nobody was editing him then. In fact, Crier just about had to garrote him to get a word in edgewise to point out HOW IRRATIONAL HIS "FED HER PINEAPPLE WHILE SHE WAS TIED UP" crap was.

Thas' right, Greenleaf. Schiller has already proven his MO. He has two faces. Works for him. He gets his book, but the truth takes a blow in the process.

I'll give him this: he does get inside a case like no other. He did it with the OJ case. PMPT will always be the best book on this case. Even with its flaws. :sleuth:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  14. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Hi Pradox,

Sorry to say I am not close to being "in" with Schiller. I am sure he has no clue who I am and probably just thought I was another "Internet beer can collector" or something.

Maybe I can get him for a chat or something?

15. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

While I liked Steve Thomas’ book, I agree that PMPT was the best book written on the case. I actually checked what was written about the FBI in the book with my FBI “sources†and “most†of what was written was accurate.

Some of Mr. Schiller’s nonsense on the show, notwithstanding, I have no doubt that Court TV had editing control – it’s highly normal for TV. And no doubt their lawsuit settlement influenced their decisions. This, however, does not excuse Schiller from the dumbness Tricia pointed out.

Good work Tricia!!! I suspect Mr. Schiller knows who you are...

16. wombat

wombat Member

Of course Schiller knows who Tricia is.

Says Schiller to Tricia:

He took months to interview all those folks for the CourtTV doc, and I am certain each interview was for an hour or more. A lot of those people have said some nasty things in the past about Ramseys, but Schiller didn't put anything seriously anti-Ramsey in the video, and blithely ignored the ransom note and Patsy's Dec 96 behavior.

Schiller probably delivered CourtTV the doc they paid for with the edit they needed, but retained the footage that we didn't see for future use by him. Schiller has been at this stuff for a long time - he knows what OJ said to Nicole when he killed her - and has made lots of $$$ at it. He's not done, he's probably waiting for some kind of contractual thing to expire.

17. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Good for you Tricia and I admire the fact that you aren't so up yourself that you can say things like:-

The best that the other side can come up with is a typo that you made. I'm surprised that Tipper is being so vicious whilst allowing you to pay for her posting pleasure at Websleuths. I used to think she was sweet, but I guess I got it wrong. How two-faced is that? Shame.

I guess the true colours will always come out eventually.

18. Elle

Elle Member

Not everyone would agree with you, KK. When I was with CN2000 for a few years, the best book written according to the excellent posters there during my time there, was Steve Thomas "JonBenét" due to the fact that he worked the case. Lawrence Schiller was nowhere near it, nor did he meet the Ramseys in person, so how could he get a true hold on the case? The opinion there was that the book concentrated more on the politics of Law Enforcement. No way was Lawrence Schiller close to this case like Steve Thomas.

It's really ironic to hear you say PMPT was the best book. Lawrence Schiller was holding Steve Thomas's police reports in his hand when Steve Thomas walked into D.A. Hunter's office. Go figure!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2006
  19. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Hi Tricia,

Or maybe you could pm me his e-mail addy? Thanks.

20. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

My daughters love pineapple and one of them loves tea too, but neither has read PMJB.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice