Let's deal with the Cord and Duct Tape

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I am stealing a paragraph from one of KoldKase's posts. I will rot in hell for this deed. heh.

KoldKase was bringing her clear and sharp logic to an illogical discussion with one "Miss Marple" in the Michael Tracey forum.

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?p=105087#post105087

There you have it folks. Why would any rational thinking person ignore the ransom note, the staging, the lying about Burke being on the 911 call, the pineapple lie, Patsy's ridicules acrobatic jumping over the ransom note, John's reading of the ransom note on all fours, the post murder behavior of the Ramseys, AND ALL THAT, and say there must be an intruder because the rest of the duct tape and cord were never found.

Did anyone search Patsy's purse when they left the house? Did the look in the drains in the neighborhood? Did anyone search every nook and cranny in the "hell hole"? Of course not.

It is logical to assume the perp in the house got rid of the tape and cord rather than to dismiss all of the evidence that proves there was no intruder.

For all we know the cord and duct tape was in John's golf bag that he so desperately wanted removed from the house.

2. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Excellent points, Tricia and KK.

There is another issue regarding the cord. The RST always asks "where is the rest of the cord?" But it's very likely that the cord was a one of a kind remnant ... a piece cut from a spooll long since removed, or used up, or from a different location (like as tie-downs for transporting Chrismas trees home). It's important to note that the description of some ends of the cord suggested that they were frayed far more than they might have been if they had been freshly cut. This suggests that the cord had been used for other purposes prior to that night.

I say THE cord ... as in ONE cord ... becuz there is a strong likelyhood that one cord was cut the night of the murder into two pieces. That would explain the fibers found in the basement. It would also explain why one end of each cord was frayed as if it were freshly cut, while the other end is more frazzled. I'll have to go back to the autopsy and the photos to determine if they support the scenario. But even if not, there are a zillion reasons that two cords would be in the Ramsey household with no associated spool of cord in the house.

And isn't it interesting that the ducttape has Patsy's fibers and NONE from the intruder who presumably carried the tape on hir person for a consideratble time and distance. That's one stealthy/teflon intruder!

These are questions that folks like Guppy avoid discussing like the plague. Go figure.

...YumYum

3. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

I wonder if the cars were checked for a knot on the trunk latch?

4. wombat

wombat Member

Patsy had a bunch of fake trees in the house that they used every year, and I think one big live tree in the living room - I wonder if they had that one delivered?

Not only did the tape have Patsy's fibers on it, but the neck cord had them twisted into it.

You would be able to tell if these items had been previously used as part of a picture frame assembly. The tape would have fibers from the canvas or paper stuck to it. Have we ever heard of what else was stuck to the tape? Tape attracts everything if you even just leave it on the counter after you cut it, there had to be junk stuck to it.

If the cord had been used to hang the picture/painting, there would have been a kink in it where the nail was, and if it were doubled, there would have been another "kink" there.

I've always thought that if there were more of the cord it went into Patsy's pocket or bra. Easy. A duct tape roll is larger and would have to go in a bag. Also not a problem.

5. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

If I remember correctly, the type of duct tape was different from the standard metallic silver/grey type. This was more of a designer type which may NOT have been sold in large rolls as we typically see. These may have been packaged in small, eaisly disposed of, individual-use type packaging. I haven't been up on this, so maybe that issue has been nailed down by now

...YumYum

6. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

rope, tape and lies...

Sometimes the absence of evidence can be an extraordinary clue.
    If anyone had checked my house, at any given time, in all the years I have lived here, they would most certainly have found all kinds of rope and duct tape.
    If it is true that Patsy made a purchase at the hardware store in Boulder, near John’s office, before the murder (the receipt of which indicated it was rope and tape) that is a huge clue.
    Those items were never found. What possible reason could the Rams have to hide those items?
    In the Ramsey’s great big old house, with all the improvements being constantly made, it would be exceptionally odd for those items not to be present.
    Ruthie said, early on, that she believed that the rope used in the commission of this crime, was taken from the “sling†on the back of the painting that the Patsy had earmarked as a Christmas gift, to be taken to Michigan. I gave some credence to her theory when I read that the painting, sans the “sling,†was one of the items Pam was instructed to remove from the house.
    If I remember correctly, the crumpled tape, taken from JBR’s mouth appeared to have been previously used. Ruthie thought that the tape, too, came from the “sling†on the back of that painting. That could be.
    If the true source of these two items can be ascertained, I believe that an enormous piece of this convoluted puzzle can be put into place.
    Thanks, Tricia, for revisiting two of the most important items associated with this case.
    :leaf:

7. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

Wasn't a long piece of the tape stuck to the blanket? Please Why Nut if you could post that photo of the tape on the blanket. It appeared to be a long piece of the tape.

8. Elle

Elle Member

Wombat,

We just have to think of our own homes and how we use cord and duct tape ourselves. The fact there wasn't any to be found in the Ramsey home after this crime makes you think the Ramseys didn't want any to be found. They just tidied up too much. My house is like Greenleaf's. You would find it in our garage, and different parts of the house. Both my husband and I are involved with art work.

As Greenleaf posted:

9. Little

Little Member

cord, duct tape, phone records, palm prints, pubic hair, Hi-Tecs

The following quotes are from Steve Thomas' book:

page 233:
    page 236 & 237:
    Page 237 & 238:
    253, 254, 256
    page 233:

10. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

If the Ramseys did remove any excess tape and cord from their home, what do you think they did with them to make sure that, no matter how long and how hard anyone searched, no one would ever be able to come across these items, even if by chance?

-Tea

11. Greenleaf

The Ram Zoo

Something new at Greenleaf's Corner.

THE RAM ZOO

12. Little

Little Member

Maybe they were disposed of after the items were retrieved from a golf bag?

Page 48 Steve Thomas book:

13. Greenleaf

I cannot imagine

It's hard to imagine a grieving father, whose child had just been murdered, showing concern for his golf clubs and bag. How very sad. But, looking back, it seems to be so typical of the Rams responses.

14. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Seems to me OJ was fixated on a golf bag too.

15. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Okay, but in what manner and where were these items disposed of to make sure that no one would ever be able to come across them?

-Tea

16. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"Not only did the tape have Patsy's fibers on it, but the neck cord had them twisted into it."

yes, isn't that interesting.

17. Little

Little Member

No idea Tea, but there are probably a million and one, or at least 118,000, different ways to dump, diffuse, or dispose of something as mundane as tape and cord.

Like Punisher said, the important & interesting thing is Patsy's fibers were on the evidence that was left at the scene.

Little

18. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

That's my hook for now.

19. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Little, that famous golf bag. His daughter is found dead, and John Ramsey is keen to find out if it was retrieved (?).

There has never been a criminal case on record like this, where the house was raided with the suspect's sister. Unbelievable!

Thanks for all the information from Steve's book.

Page 48 Steve Thomas book:
    Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">That evening, John Ramsey went to Crist Mortuary to discuss funeral
    arrangements. In addition to the usual rites, transportation was needed
    for burial in Atlanta.

Patsy awoke while he was gone and staggered from the bedroom to
    a couch, barely able to speak, and told her sisters she needed some
    things from Fifteenth Street. John was overheard to ask someone quietly,
    "Did you get my golf bag?" </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

20. Skigwy

Skigwy Member

If tape and cord were found in John's golf bag then obviously they were planted there by the pineapple-feeding tea-drinking intruder to inplicate him along with Patsy whose handwriting he mimicked.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice