Something new about Lou (July 31,'06)

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Greenleaf, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

3. tylin

tylin Banned

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I discount everything Smit says about anything. If he said the sun was shining, I would have to check to be sure.

Smit damaged his credibility so much in the Ramsey case, how can anyone take anything he says seriously?

5. Greenleaf

Tricia...the article

July 31, '06

COLORADO SPRINGS - The man who first theorized an intruder killed JonBenet Ramsey is at the center of another case getting national headlines.

Additional Resources...
    Investigators: Self-proclaimed serial killer has more to tell
    The man who first theorized an intruder was involved in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey is now at the center of another major case. 9NEWS at 5 p.m. July 31, 2006.

Lou Smit has been investigating the Ramsey case since 1997.

Last week, he and three other cold case investigators in Colorado Springs announced they believed Robert Charles Browne was a serial killer.

Smit is a retired detective and has a reputation of an investigator who can solve the old cases.

Smit says even though the Browne case has progressed, he has not forgotten the Ramsey murder.

"If others want to look at the parents - that's fine, but if there's a killer out there, somebody's got to be out there looking for him," said Smit.

Smit says the Ramsey killer could be very similar to Browne. ""I think it's someone a little like Robert Browne in a way. I think this is a very sadistic person and someone who's into fantasy."

Patsy Ramsey, JonBenet's mother, died last month from ovarian cancer. She was 49 years old. Smit went to the funeral.

"I had known that Patsy was very ill, and I had visited them not too long before Patsy passed away," he said.

Smit says he feels sorry for the Ramsey family. "They've been devastated and they've lost the American dream, and they're still working through it."

However, Smit remains optimistic the case can be solved. "I just hope that someday something will work in the system whereby we will catch a killer."

Both the Boulder Police Department and the Boulder District Attorney's Office declined to comment to 9NEWS on this story.

DNA taken from the Ramsey crime scene has not matched with anyone in the database, but Smit hopes one day it will.

Attached Files:

6. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

(Boomp boomp boomp)

Another one 'neath the bus!

7. Greenleaf

Smit says the Ramsey killer could be very similar to Browne. ""I think it's someone a little like Robert Browne in a way. I think this is a very sadistic person and someone who's into fantasy."

Well, there you have it!

"A vert sadistic person..." John Ramsey

And

"Someone who's into fantasy.".... Patsy

And Browne? Well, he looks like a cross between Jams, JR, Lou and my cartoon rendition of the "Intruder." LOL.
    (Note the lizard lips.)

:leaf:

8. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"I discount everything Smit says about anything. If he said the sun was shining, I would have to check to be sure. Smit damaged his credibility so much in the Ramsey case, how can anyone take anything he says seriously?"

The same reason Cindy Sheehan gets a free pass: the infallibility argument.

"Smit says the Ramsey killer could be very similar to Browne. 'I think it's someone a little like Robert Browne in a way. I think this is a very sadistic person and someone who's into fantasy.'"

RIGHT! Browne: a serial killer who went on a reign of terror in several states.
    Intruder: mystery man who strikes ONCE and vanishes! Any investigator worth his badge knows that serial killers keep killing until they die or get caught! Give me a break!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice