Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Watching You
    Well, that actually isn't a bad theory, Jayelles, but it certainly wouldn't eliminate one of the Ramseys as the perp; in fact, it would implicate them more, since intruders typically don't have knowledge of where certain items of clothing are stored. Most people I know don't store underwear in the bathroom cabinet, so an intruder would have had to have gone rummaging through all the drawers in JB's room and bathroom, and I haven't heard of any such evidence of rummaging through drawers. Besides, why would an intruder take a child from her bedroom down two flights of stairs, then go back upstairs to get more underwear for her?
    I beg to differ here because we store our underwear in the bathroom unit drawers. Having said that, we didn't do this in the days before en-suites! JonBenet had her own en-suite.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Default wondering

iirc, weren't JonBenet's underwear taken in as evidence? It doesn't say where they them from...hamper/floor/clean in drawer..

maybe whoever redressed her wanted clean ones and there were none to be had?????

Quote Originally Posted by 1000 Sparks
    iirc, weren't JonBenet's underwear taken in as evidence? It doesn't say where they them from...hamper/floor/clean in drawer..

maybe whoever redressed her wanted clean ones and there were none to be had?????
    Maybe they didn't realise the significance?
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    I beg to differ here because we store our underwear in the bathroom unit drawers. Having said that, we didn't do this in the days before en-suites! JonBenet had her own en-suite.

Ouch. Well, okay, then. I stand corrected.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Quote Originally Posted by Watching You
    Ouch. Well, okay, then. I stand corrected.
    I wouldn't store underwear (or anything personal for that matter) in any bathroom which guests were going to use. Not after discovering I had friends who admitted to rifling in bathroom cupbards when they paid a visit! It wouldn't even enter my head to do that and I was horrified. Years later I was suspicious that a family friend was rifling through our house when we were out and so I set a little trap to see. I did the thing with the hair on my bedroom door AND on my underwear drawer and sure enough, when I came home and checked, both were disturbed. I challenged him outright and he admitted it but wait for the excuse - he said he was looking for a kitchen knife!

The world is full of weirdos.

Where were the size 6 Wednesday undies? If she was wearing them when she was assaulted, and they weren't found in the house, where did they go?

Also, if there were a set of 7 size 6 days-of-the-week undies in the house, and JonBenet wore Wednesday which was then "disappeared", where are the other 6 days of the week? Did the cops confiscate hampers and their contents?

The stager had to get rid of 13 pairs of underpants, in addition to the end of the rolls of duct tape and cord? Why would they do that?

"Did you get my golf bag?" said John.

Default Wy

I keep mine in the bathroom too, you know the ones from the day before...

The search warrant doesn't specify how many pairs were taken:

Underwear (9JRB)
    Girls underwear (36BAH)
    Girls underwear (56BAH)
    (1) girls underwear (61BAH)
    (1) girls underwear (62BAH)
    Five pair girls underwear (76BAH)
    Two pair girls underwear (77RAH)

Seems the search warrant is in sections...like underwear is listed where kitchen stuff is listed and cigarette butts...

or in the parent's room???

So were these clean or not and where did they get them from??????

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Default Awesome thread!

One thing to remember - ten years ago, Pull-Ups were fuller and thicker than todays more advanced smaller version just in case further experimentation is going on.

RR
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat
    One thing to remember - ten years ago, Pull-Ups were fuller and thicker than todays more advanced smaller version just in case further experimentation is going on.

RR
    I remember being amazed at how slim disposable nappies were 6 years ago compared to 21 years ago! I guess pull-ups would be the same. However, I still don't see why knickers would have to be worn over pull-ups in bed. I only ever put knickers over my girls' nappies for "show" when they were babies wearing little angel tops or frocks.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Watching You

Well, that actually isn't a bad theory, Jayelles, but it certainly wouldn't eliminate one of the Ramseys as the perp; in fact, it would implicate them more, since intruders typically don't have knowledge of where certain items of clothing are stored. Most people I know don't store underwear in the bathroom cabinet, so an intruder would have had to have gone rummaging through all the drawers in JB's room and bathroom, and I haven't heard of any such evidence of rummaging through drawers. Besides, why would an intruder take a child from her bedroom down two flights of stairs, then go back upstairs to get more underwear for her?

Jayelles:
    I don't know anyone here who stores underwear in bathrooms either WY, whether there's a personal bathroom off the bedroom, or not. I have one and wouldn't store it there. I walk back into my bedroom and have underwear in drawers. Don't tell anyone though!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    I don't know anyone here who stores underwear in bathrooms either WY, whether there's a personal bathroom off the bedroom, or not. I have one and wouldn't store it there. I walk back into my bedroom and have underwear in drawers. Don't tell anyone though!
    For what it is worth, hearing that Patsy said she stored underwear and nightwear in the bathroom struck an odd note with me and my family, since, in our experience, storage space in the bathroom is generally used for cleaning supplies, health supplies, and stuff associated with the bathing process.

As pictures show, there was not that much room in JonBenet's bathroom. Her sink area had two large drawers, two medium drawers, and two small drawers. There was no towel closet in the room, nor right outside it. In my own household, the large drawers would usually have contained towels and washcloths and likely rolls of toilet paper, the medium drawers the cleaning supplies, and the small drawers the health needs like toothpaste and shampoo and hair brushes, things like that. If Patsy was filling drawers with underwear and pajamas, where did the towels go, or the toilet paper, or the cleaners, or the health and cosmetic items?

FWIW, I wouldn't have cleaning supplies in a child's bathroom. We have a large central towel closet (called an "airing cupboard") on the upstairs hall landing - convenient for all bedrooms and bathrooms. We keep only enough clean towels in the bathroom as we can use at any time.

A child's knicker drawer wouldn't need to be terribly big. Tootsie has a chest with 1 large drawer, a short hanging space and 4 small drawers. One of the small drawers is big enough for all her knickers plus her vests.