Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

I've just read elsewhere that someone thinks my model is just *some* model and isn't likely to be an accurate size. Clearly, this person hasn't bothered to read the description of my experiment and on THAT basis, I'd tend to judge that probably, they don't do much reading of anything, preferring to draw their own :(:(:(-umptions.

My daughter was the model. She was 6 and a half years old at the time and the exact same height as JonBenet was recorded at death but 1lb heavier.

The method I used for creating the model was the same one I have used in the past to make adult dummies for theatrical props.

She wore old clothes and I wrapped her torso and upper legs in stooky. I'm sorry, I don't know what this might be known as in the US - stuki perhaps? It's a special material which is specifically used for making theatrical masks and body parts. It gets dipped in water and then wrapped around the person,. It dries very quickly and comes off easily.

I removed the cast from Tootsie by cutting up the sides of it. The material cuts easily when it has set. She only had to stand still for a few minutes while I did this.

I then taped the two halves of the dummy together, filled it with padding to stop it collapsing and left it for a couple of days to harden completely.

I then took detailed measurements of my daughter and padded the dummy even more to expand it to her precise measurements (despite my best efforts, it had actually collapsed a bit at one side). Only when the measurements were exact did I do the experiment.

I put a leotard and tights on the dummy to give the knickers a background. The dummy was white and the knickers are white. Also, the dummy has a rough surface due to the fact that I did it quickly before Tootsie started to fidget and also, I'm much of an artist!

The dummy got plenty of criticism and snide remarks and I hold my hand up to it's ugly appearance (one leg was longer than the other). However, I am well aware that THINKING people would see past the dummy to the fact that it was constructed to the precise measurements of a child who was approximately Jonbenet's size (we don't afterall know JonBenet's waist/hips and thigh measurements).

Other critics have used the fact that Jonbenet's waist hip and thigh measurements are unknown to suggest that they might have been vastly differenty therefore negating the entire experiment. However, this is very unlikely. The measurements may differ by a few centimetres but it's unlikely to be more than that.

Also - coming soon. Another point that has come up is that some people simply do not believe that Jonbenet would normally have worn a size 4-6 Bloomies and that her normal size would have been more likely the 8-10. A poster at Crimelibrary was highly dismissive of any sugestion that the size 4-6 still fit my now 7 year old daughter.

So I bought several pairs of knickers from a variety of High Street stores and in different sizes to show how LARGE the 4-6 Bloomies are in comparison. The fact is that the Bloomies are actually bigger than size 9-10 knickers from British Home Stores.

Watch this space.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

From time to time, someone questions the validity of my Bloomies experiment. For the record, I'd appreciate if those members here who have seen a photo of my Tootsie would mind confirming that she's an averaged sized child and not freakishly thin.

For the record - Tootsie was my model for the Bloomies experiment and at the time of the experiment, she was exactly the same height as JBR was when she died and half a pound heavier.

Chero?
    Zotto?
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    From time to time, someone questions the validity of my Bloomies experiment. For the record, I'd appreciate if those members here who have seen a photo of my Tootsie would mind confirming that she's an averaged sized child and not freakishly thin. She looks healthy and normal.

For the record - Tootsie was my model for the Bloomies experiment and at the time of the experiment, she was exactly the same height as JBR was when she died and half a pound heavier.

Chero?
    Zotto?
    I am more than glad to validate Jayelles has said.

For the record, I have seen many photos of Tootsie, and she is an average-sized child of average weight for her age. Tootsie looks exactly as Jayelles has described her, and she is DEFINITELY not thin.

Jayelles has repeatedly said does not believe the Ramseys are guilty in the death of JonBenet, and she has no reason to lie about Tootsie's height being the same as JBR's or her weight being only half a pound heavier at the time of the experiment.

I have been hesitant to mention my own personal experience because of privacy concerns, but I can verify Jayelles' experiment in another way.

At the age of six, my own daughter was about the same height and weight as JBR when she died. She had just graduated from size 4 girls' underwear, and wore a size 6, which was a little baggy at first. There is no way under heaven or on earth that my daughter could have (or would have) worn size 12-14 girls' underwear at that age. They would have just slid right down her legs if she'd tried to walk in them, plus they would have bunched up so badly they would have left a noticable (and uncomfortable) bump if she'd tried to wear them under clothes.

And here's the kicker. My daughter continued to be of average build as she grew older. She only began wearing size 12 girls' underwear after she turned 12 years old, and she wore size 14 well past her 14th birthday. She exclusively wore the "Hanes Her Way" brand which is not sized any bigger than the Bloomies brand. In fact, I believe it may be slightly smaller.

My daughter and JonBenet were only two years apart in age when JonBenet was killed, so their American underwear sizes would have been comparable. At her height and weight, JonBenet would have been wearing size 6 girls' underwear at the time of her death. The idea that JonBenet would have (or could have) worn a size 12-14 girls' underwear is not only absolutely ludicrous, it's a lie.
    Last edited by Cherokee; July 13, 2007, 11:07 am at Fri Jul 13 11:07:44 UTC 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    From time to time, someone questions the validity of my Bloomies experiment. For the record, I'd appreciate if those members here who have seen a photo of my Tootsie would mind confirming that she's an averaged sized child and not freakishly thin.

Chero?
    Zotto?
    Ditto what Chero says...not that anything we say will ever convince the RST. Tootsie is definitely as Jayelles describes. Jay is the most fair minded person I have ever met when it comes to giving people the benefit of the doubt. She is scrupulously honest. The RST would have explained away a televised confession from Patsy herself, but as Chero says...Jay has no reason to lie.

The very fact that she went to so much trouble to even make the model should show the doubters how dedicated to the truth she is and how much she cares about accuracy.

OK, Jayelles, CHEROKEE, and Zotto, let me explain how this works to you THREE honest, good-hearted, nice people: the RST is NOT made up of honest, good-hearted, nice people. See, THEY won't believe you're honest because THEY are not honest. They have been part and parcel of the Ramsey SCAMSTERS for a decade now, and they can't even grasp the CONCEPT of honesty. So you can try to reach them with facts and corroboration and brilliantly executed models...but you never will, UNLESS your conclusion SUPPORTS the Ramsey con games.

So do not feel somehow slighted by these miscreants. They couldn't match your integrity, Jayelles, on their best day and your worst. Not going to happen. Nothing you can say or do will ever open their eyes, because they don't WANT the truth, they want RAMSEY LIES. So that's what they live by.

And that's who THEY are.

PS Sorry, Chero, I did miss your post and have made amends. And don't think for one MINUTE that your stealing my agent Zott had ANYTHING to do with it....
    Last edited by koldkase; July 13, 2007, 11:54 am at Fri Jul 13 11:54:02 UTC 2007.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Thank you ladies for your corroborations and kind comments. There have been several times when I have felt tempted to post a photo of Tootsie to prove that she's an average sized child and not a skinny little thing but I reason that it would make little difference if I did because there would be some other objection to my experiment. Plus, I think it's ill-advised to publish family photos on public areas of the web.

I take comfort from the fact that Bloomies are still for sale and anyone who really wants to can buy them and check out my claims for themselves. AT the end of the day, I know there could be slight variations in Tootsie and JBR's measurements but they were the same height and approximate weight so it won't be far out.

We don't know JBR's vital statistics when she died so it's as good as it will get anyway!

Jayelles, your experiment is absolutely valid and I think that's what drives the RST nuts. You just can't refute the model of those legs against the huge bloomies.

While it's true that we don't have JonBenet's exact measurements, there could only be so much variation between two children of the same height and (almost) weight.

As your model so clearly demonstrates, this wasn't about the panties being a little big or a tiny bit loose. They were grossly oversized in a way that NO child would've been able to put up with.

Going through the transcripts again, I have found where Patsy contradicts herself about the Bloomies. Whilst on the one hand she said that they just decided to let Jonbenet wear them (thus apparently knowing about them) - on the other, she said that was aware that JonBenet was wearing huge underwear because she had "read it" somewhere (thus apparently not knowing about them).

She is so irritatingly vague.

Vagueness works when you're lying so fast and furious you can't keep up with your own variations of the truth.

I have been recording all the objections which have been raised against the validity of my Bloomies experiment.

The latest seems to be some suggestion that my Bloomies weren't authentic and that the *real* Bloomies would have been a much better fit on JBR. I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to have bought the fake Bloomies in some market stall or made them myself!

Anyway, just to make it clear thatI doubt there will even be such a thing as fake Bloomies. They are hardly DKNY or Calvin Klein!

Anyway, as it happens, I had been cleaning out an old handbag a few weeks ago and I came across Bloomingdales' receipts from a trip to NY and sopp that I am, I rescued them and put them in my memories drawer. When I read about the possibility that the Bloomies could be a fake, I thought I could scan the receipt and post it as proof that I'd bought real Bloomies. The size 12/14 Bloomies are still in their packet with the tag and bar code on it. However, when I flattened out the receipt for scanning, I realised that the receipt is actually for our 2003 trip to NY when we purchased the size 4/6 Bloomies.

Bottom line is - I scanned the bar code and tag for the size 12/14 Bloomies (purchased in 2006) and the receipt for the size 4/6 Bloomies (purchased in 2003). You can see the price is the same ($26) and that the barcodes are very close (all but the last three digits are identical).

If my memory serves me correctly, I'm pretty sure my husband did the buying of the 12/14 Bloomies and he'll have chucked out the receipt.

ANyway, here's the scanned bits of paper. I'm sure they won't satisfy all the naysayers but hopefully others will accept that the Bloomies are authentic Bloomingdales items purchased from the NY store.

http://people.delphiforums.com/jayel...0and%20tag.jpg

The image is only downloading halfway on my computer. However you can see the important bots - the bar code on the tag and the bar code on the receipt and both the prices.

I've already received a pm asking me about the bar code tag in the above graphic which looks different from the one I posted here:-

http://people.delphiforums.com/jayel...0and%20tag.jpg

It's the same tag - just scanned on the flip side. One side is the bar code of the item and the other side is a "return code" label.

Actually, if you look closely, you'll see the return code projects out from the tage by about a few millimetres and you can see this on both scans.

The next instalment of the Bloomies experiment is almost ready to hit the press. I collected numerous pairs of knickers from a variety of manufacturers (including Disney, Osh Kosh and Marks and Spencer) to compare in size with the 4-6 Bloomies and prove just how large they are. This is in response to the numerous RST naysayers who think that there was no way JonBenet would have fitted the (they think teeny) 4-6 Bloomies and that the 12-14 would have looked just fine on her!

I am also awaiting delivery of a set of 8-10 Bloomies and I will add them to the comparison when I get them.

After that - I'm done :-)