A Blogger's work is never done...

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Why_Nut, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Quite some time ago I posted a link to a Blogger blog I had started, and that has been all well and good, but I found a site I prefer more where I think I will begin to aggregate the materials and commentary I have. So, point your browsers to

http://whynut.sampasite.com/default.htm

Right now, I am using it as a way of consolidating the material I am putting on Flickr and YouTube, so you can have a one-stop destination for those things.

Take a look and let me know if you have any problems with it.

2. Elle

Elle Member

This looks very interesting, Why_Nut. I've never been to a site or blog like this before. I just clicked on "YouTube" and then clicked on the video of Bill Kurtis. I saw that video, and this was when I found out the Ramseys didn't have a door to their bedroom.

I will look at the others listed there. Will you be increasing the time later on for these videos?

I guess this will allow you more space on your computer. So, this is a trial run?

I saw Lou Smit going through this basement window before, Why_Nut, but this looks as if it has been speeded up. He made it look easy here. I don't believe any intruder would have taken this route, (?)

3. Why_Nut

The "speeded up" part is an edit. The program editors cut out some time between when Smit was on his knees in the well and when his legs were already inside the room, ready to jump down to the floor. I did not make that edit, Tracey did when he provided this clip to Court TV as part of one of his documentaries.

Yes, this is a trial run. The fact that you can see the video from within the blog, that is a good thing for me to know. I am hoping that SambaSite can bring a consistency of access to multimedia for all readers. I am working on making various clips of that sort available. I even have the infamous Steve Tuttle taser demonstration on MSNBC, but unfortunately the audio and video seem to have gotten slightly out of sync so I am hesitant to present it as it is.

4. Elle

Elle Member

I opened all of them. Sometimes we have trouble with these video clips as you know. You helped all of us with the Hawaiian one, otherwise none of us would have seen it. I have seen that taser demonstration. That would be a good one to put on there. Good luck with this. You are probably having a good time putting it together.

5. tylin

tylin Banned

Why_Nut,
    :thumbsup:
    This is excellent. I'ved forgotten so much about this case. I just rewatched the Staircase video and there is just no way I'll ever believe an intruder carried JBR down that staircase..no way.

6. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Nice site WN. The videos played for me as well with no problem. The interviews from Hawaii didn't work for me and had someone at work play it for me on their computer, but this works fine

I watched in disbelief once again, Lou Smit going through that window and I will never believe that anyone came in that night through that window, and there is no way, IF it happened that way (which it did not) that no evidence or fibers were found there; it was winter after all and I would think that the mysterious intruder would have been wearing a coat? a sweater? a hat? a scarf? something that would make it impossible to slide in without leaving that sort of evidence AND managed not to disrupt the spider web.

The staircase video is also a joke. Yeah, Patsy was able to walk around the note and read it the way she describes....NOT

Thanks WN. It's refreshing every now and then to see with our own eyes the way things DID NOT happen

7. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"I watched in disbelief once again, Lou Smit going through that window and I will never believe that anyone came in that night through that window, and there is no way, IF it happened that way (which it did not) that no evidence or fibers were found there; it was winter after all and I would think that the mysterious intruder would have been wearing a coat? a sweater? a hat? a scarf? something that would make it impossible to slide in without leaving that sort of evidence AND managed not to disrupt the spider web."

i know a person who switched from RST to RDI because of that!

8. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

Thank you Why_Nut and WOW, excellent clips. Somehow I missed that "Bill Kurtis steps down the squeaky spiral staircase" show. When was it on? I want to see it. Are there more interesting clips you can get from it?

The clips on the web site are super clear, nice job :)

I looked through your slide album of the house too and that come out really nice. :bowdown:

9. Little

Little Member

Wow Why_Nut - absolutely wonderful. Thank you.

Little

10. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

This looks great, Why Nut. Especially with my new computer and my new cable connection. No more sitting twiddling my thumbs waiting forever for things to load...or not load.

That is an awesome video going down the spiral stairs and down the stairs to the butler's pantry.

The slide show is very clear, I agree.

Thanks so much. I can see you're going to have a great site for resources.

11. Why_Nut

What I would like to do is serve as a supplement to your site. Yours is the true encyclopedia of text material, and as I begin to add items, perhaps my site can be the multimedia annex. More pictures and video going up today.

12. Vic

Vic Active Member

Thanks WN, all the clips worked for me. I had not seen the video with Bill Kurtis and did not realize the spiral staircase ended on a landing with more steps leading to the kitchen area.
    That makes Patsy's story even more made-up crap, no one would creep half way up to their bedroom to place the note on the stairs. You'd just leave it on the damn counter, at best!

I would love to find the news clip shown within the first few days of JonBenet's murder. It was one of the three national news carriers and showed Patsy leaving the house with her fur coat over her head as she got into a vehicle.
    I knew she was guilty when I saw that, no one but the guilty covers their faces.

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

None but the guilty lie. That's my position.

14. Why_Nut

I have added more photos to the Flickr group, and a video of John Ramsey demonstrating through body language how JonBenet was wrapped in the blanket (and how it was not "thrown" over her as some would have it).

15. koldkase

It's interesting that you mentioned this now, because I was thinking about the picture we recently were discussing wherein I, for one, realized that JonBenet's arms were NOT laid out like she was on her back and they were outstretched from the shoulders up. We realized this because one crime scene picture we DO have of the body at the home has her hands bagged IN FRONT of her, only slightly raised.

Let's see if I can find the pics to demonstrate. I haven't yet gotten a web site to post such things on...sigh, I just can't keep up with this technical stuff, alas...but I'll post the urls.

My point though, is that this picture with the bagged hands, taken at the house by the coroner/assistant, looks to me like she must have been on her side for some time, for her arms to be bent and frozen like that, rather than on her back laid out. Since the only persons who saw her in the basement room were John and Fleet, we've taken the tabloid/movie pics as gospel all these years. But I don't see how her arms would freeze into rigor in that position if she was on her back.

Was she laid on her side, rather than her back, in that basement? It's just that her arm position seems so much to me like she is simply a child on her side asleep.

I don't know. This confuses me quite a bit. Old, long held ideas, seem now to be completely wrong. Kane said a lot of what we think is true about this case is wrong, that there's much we don't know.

16. koldkase

OK, here is the graphic illustration of how we've THOUGHT the body was found laid out in the basement:

http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenetbody1.jpg

And here is the crime scene picture taken by the coroner or his assistant at the home, with the body still under/near the Christmas tree:

http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenetfaceathouse.jpg

The body was in full rigor when John "found" it, and it was still in rigor when the picture here was taken, because it was still in rigor THE NEXT MORNING, receding but still present, as Meyers states during autopsy. So this picture shows the actual position her arms were in when she was laid out in the basement room.

See what I mean about this? In your mind, turn her body on its back and imagine where her arms would then be. It seems to me they'd be IN FRONT of her, slightly raised. On her back, they would be unsupported, in the air, wouldn't they? How did her arms stay in the air like that if she was in fact ON HER BACK for hours before rigor set in them?

I dont' know, like I said, I'm very confused about this.

17. koldkase

About your thoughts, Vic, about leaving the ransom note on the spiral stair. I have to wonder why a kidnapper wouldn't have just left it in her bed?

18. wombat

wombat Member

Vic:

Linda Hoffman Pugh said that Patsy would put her purse on the spiral stairs. She changed purses constantly, like once a week, and would leave the old one on the stairs for LHP. So not only is her story made-up crap, but the ransom note was left at a place used by Patsy for a common transaction that only she did.

19. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

My theory of the position of the body

Early on, there were many discussions on the old Boulder News Forum about the position of JonBenet’s arms, postmortem.

In case you have forgotten, there were two things that the neighbors heard that night. One was the famous scream. The other was the sound of “metal scraping on concrete.†(Those were, as I remember, the exact words of the witness.)

Well, somewhere in the police report, it was mentioned that there was a long piece of thin steel (leftover from construction) found in the basement. How many of you remember that?

I came up with a theory about that piece of steel, and how I believe it was related to the position of JonBenet’s body.

After the Rams washed her down and changed her clothes, they wrapped her in a blanket. Careful not to leave evidence on the body or blanket, they positioned her body on the piece of steel and, rather than carrying the body, they dragged her, by her arms, along the concrete floor, and into that little room where she was found. (And, I believe that is what the neighbor heard.) When the Rams got her body in position, they rolled her off, by lifting the steel out from beneath her, leaving her hands over her head. She may have landed on her side, back or abdomen. Nevertheless, wherever she landed, and however her hands were positioned, is where and how the Rams left her, as they were careful not to touch her again.

I’ll leave it to our great FFJ sleuths, namely KoldKase, to check this out, if interested.

:leaf:

20. Why_Nut

I have put that clip up on YouTube. You can either view it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2kucILnOxo

or through my blog's YouTube link here:

http://whynut.sampasite.com/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice