Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

... also ... does Lacy have a tough re-election campaign coming up in November? Nothing like a high profile arrest today, even if charges are dropped tomorrow (ie. after the election). A very Rove-like tactic.

Just a thot.

...YumYum

Quote Originally Posted by Watching You
    It will take a lot more than some nut e-mailing Patsy and saying he knew the origin of the tape and rope to convince me, since not even the police know the origin of the tape and rope. Anyone can confess to anything. I'll believe it when I see the evidence.

Reminds me of all the announcements of an arrest that have been made in the Natalie Aruba case. Not one of them ever panned out.

Sorry, guys, I'm certainly not getting all excited about this.
    And as KK pointed out to me on the phone today, the guy wants a free flight back to a US prison instead of facing a sex crimes sentence in Thailand. I'm waiting too WY...sounds too darned convenient for me!
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

Does Colorado have the death penalty? If it does, then the person(s) found guilty of this crime would face the death penalty ... no? My point? Well, a LOT on countries refuse extradition if there is a possibility of a death sentence. Does Thailand have such a non-extradition policy?

...Just Curious

How do you commit a sex crime in bangkok?

Quote Originally Posted by YumYum012
    Does Colorado have the death penalty? If it does, then the person(s) found guilty of this crime would face the death penalty ... no? My point? Well, a LOT on countries refuse extradition if there is a possibility of a death sentence. Does Thailand have such a non-extradition policy?

...Just Curious
    Not if conveniently there is a plea bargain, eh? They would take the DP right on off that table. This is the best Ramsey scam yet don't you think?
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

Not if conveniently there is a plea bargain, eh? They would take the DP right on off that table. This is the best Ramsey scam yet don't you think?
    Yes. If this is what BDA has in mind they are completely without shame.

How do you commit a sex crime in bangkok?
    I was wondering that myself. Can't you just buy children there?

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

CNN reported that Karr was in contact with someone on the Internet.

Any guesses?
    RR
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat
    CNN reported that Karr was in contact with someone on the Internet.

Any guesses?
    RR
    uh huh!

Default Reading CNN

Karr has confessed to some elements of the crime, law enforcement sources told CNN.

The sources added that Karr had been communicating with someone in Boulder and that online investigation played a key role in leading authorities to the suspect.

Karr was arrested in Bangkok, Thailand, following "several months of focused and complex investigation," District Attorney Mary Lacy said.
    "If you judge people; you have no time to Love them" (Mother Teresa)

MSNBC is making it sound like it's a done deal- that the killer is found and the family is vindicated. If this doesn't pan out, they'll be doing some serious backpedaling.

Default Things I heard today

I will not divulge my source but it came from a pretty reliable source.

*Karr confided in his lawyer. His lawyer called Boulder DA.

*CBI and FBI had no knowledge of the arrest until we all heard today.

Now here is another thing i learned today....Patsy Ramsey also had numerous affairs during her marriage to John. If that is true, maybe she had an affair with KARR, ended it, and he was angry with her and killed JonBenet.....Just a thought...

Karr confided in his lawyer. His lawyer called Boulder DA.
    Hmmmm... so there was no crack investigation by Boulder Law Enforcement officials? This just fell in their laps?