Arrest in JBR Case Imminent?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by LurkerXIV, Aug 16, 2006.

1. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Arrest in JonBenet Ramsey Case Expected "Shortly"
    8.16.06 | Michael King

Posted on 08/16/2006 4:17:08 PM EDT by mhking

An arrest in the JonBenet Ramsey case is due to happen "shortly," according to sources in our newsroom -- I know I can't post the link to our site (we're a Gannett station, and despite the "ban", I would welcome the traffic), but most of you know where I work and what the site is...

According to our sister station in Denver, an arrest took place early this morning in Thailand.

Stand by for details and updates as they come in.

2. Ginja

Ginja Member

Boulder DA makes arrest in Bankok

That's what Sean Hannity has just announced on his radio show. Evidently someone from DA's office made the arrest in Bankok.

Who?

3. Niner

Niner Active Member

my friend here at work just sent me a pm telling me about this arrest - and of course this is the forum I'm checking... no more news updates yet??? :confused: :shutup:

4. Ginja

Ginja Member

Report: Arrest made in JonBenet Ramsey case
    Suspect detained in Thailand in connection with ’96 murder, DA source says
    Updated: 2 minutes ago
    DENVER - A suspect has been arrested in connection with the ten year-old mystery surrounding slain 6-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey, Denver’s KUSA reported Wednesday.

The suspect was detained in Bangkok, Thailand, Wednesday morning, the local NBC affiliate said, and was going to be brought to the U.S. within the next two days by a Boulder County District Attorney investigator.

Boulder officials, who would not give the identity of the suspect, were expected to hold a press conference later Wednesday.

JonBenet Ramsey was found beaten and strangled in her parents’ Boulder, Colo., basement on Dec. 26, 1996. A grand jury investigation ended with no indictments, and no arrests were made.,

According to KUSA, the suspect in custody knew details about the murder that had not been made available to the general public.

JonBenet’s parents, John and Patsy said an intruder killed their daughter but a cloud of suspicion hung over the couple. The district attorney and a federal judge in Colorado have said it is likelier that an intruder was responsible.

JonBenet’s death became fodder for tabloids and the subject of books.

Patsy Ramsey, who died of ovarian cancer in June, said at the time of her daughter’s death that she found a ransom note on the back staircase of the family’s home demanding $118,000 for the safe return of JonBenet.

John Ramsey said he found his daughter’s body in a basement room, wrapped in a white blanket eight hours later.

This breaking news story will be updated.

NBC News and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

5. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

No matter who it is, once an arrest happens, innocent until proven guilty. Prove this person's guilt to me.

(That said, a response to this news from one person here was, "And where is Burke Ramsey right now?")

6. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

You took the words right out of my mouth. Innocent until proven guilty. I have a really sinking feeling about this.

We will be doing some role reversal here soon. The RST will be "lynching" an as yet untried person for a crime that they don't know the details of and WE will be doing the detailed work of pulling apart their "evidence". I don't like the fact that Haddon seems to be leading this.

I'm waiting for REAL LE to talk to us. I think this just might be another distraction.

At least one talking head found it reasonable to NEVER exonerate the Ramseys based on their behavior, etc.

I'm just waiting like everyone else to see what they have

7. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Federal Agents Involved

INS and Customs.

This sounds like the real thing, folks!

8. Karole28

Karole28 Banned

And, this pedophile wrote the ransome note asking for John's bonus.

mmmkay

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"Arrest made in Thaland, through the efforts of Lou Smit. (Get real!)"

No kidding!

"Prove this person's guilt to me."

Good luck!

"We will be doing some role reversal here soon. The RST will be "lynching" an as yet untried person for a crime that they don't know the details of and WE will be doing the detailed work of pulling apart their "evidence". I don't like the fact that Haddon seems to be leading this."

Shoe's on the other foot now!

"At least one talking head found it reasonable to NEVER exonerate the Ramseys based on their behavior, etc."

Who?

10. Little

Little Member

The real thing as far as this guy was under investigation for a crime and he then confessed to knowing things about JonBenet?

Did LS have access to this guy before he "confessed", or did this guy tell these things after talking to LS, or did anyone connected to the Ramseys have access to this guy before this alleged knowledge happened?

Yes, I'm very suspicious.

Little

11. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Apparently he was already in custody in Thailand for sex offences. I hope this isn't a false alarm and that he didn't merely confess to get extradited to a US jail?

The problem is with all this leaked evidence. It harms the case.

12. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Whereas this guy was e-mailing Patsy there exists the possibility that she somehow gave him some "exclusive" information about the murder scene, perhaps knowing how nutty he is (who does the PMPT and then muddles it up by confessing to it or by contacting the victim's family? It doesn't fly...)...and by giving him this information, she throws one last body under the bus as she is dying.

I think she's just that cruel after hearing about how funny she thought the poser was in the pseudo-mistress phone calling.

13. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I'm sorry, but when they said Patsy Ramsey was forwarding these emails from this guy to LE, that they were going around the RST camp, I'm just shaking my head, thinking this is the RST MOTHER OF ALL CONFESSIONS!

Yeah, Jayelles, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking. The guy is looking at prison or worse in Thailand...he's looking to come home, where he gets color tv, cable, medical, and a job in prison, all the drugs he can afford, and visitation.

What I'd like to know is why the news is already jumping on this like it's a done deal, he's guilty, the Ramseys are now pure as the driven snow, and it's over?

Doesn't anyone require a real source with actual information that sounds like it's legit? Other than the same old spinners who have fingered every bus victim they could get in front of a camera for 10 years?

Like those here, I'm saying, PROVE IT!

Because if this guy got his info from Patsy Ramsey, that pretty much taints any "inside info" he needed to confess, doesn't it?

14. wombat

wombat Member

This is all horrible. People are saying on TV that at least Patsy went to her grave knowing that there was an arrest imminent.

Oh GOd Trip DeMuth is on MSNBC now. Yuck.

Right after John released his no-comment statement he gave a TV interview to KUSA.

KK's right - if you're looking at life in a roach and rat infested cell in Bangkok- why not get yourself home? He's going to get a bigtime lawyer here.

I'm breathless, but I'm also thinking- how are they going to prosecute this dude?

15. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I repeat. I want to see Karr's handwriting!

He can confess all he wants (with inside info from Patsy) so he can get back home to the US and/or have fame and notoriety ... but that doesn't mean he's the killer.

I want to see exemplars. I want to see hard evidence.

What is wrong with the media that they can't see that? They've already exhonerated the Ramseys and convicted Karr. They're saying it's over. Killer caught. Blah blah blah.

Patsy Ramsey wrote the ransom note, not John Karr. I'd like to see him try to imitate the handwriting in the ransom note for three whole pages because when he does, his confession goes out the window and he'll walk.

16. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, and I want to see that DNA match. And I want to be there when they do the test, as well!

17. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"Patsy Ramsey wrote the ransom note, not John Karr. I'd like to see him try to imitate the handwriting in the ransom note for three whole pages because when he does, his confession goes out the window and he'll walk."

Yeah! And how did he put Patsy's sweater on?

He claimed JB was drugged, but the tox screen came back totally negative!

It stinks!

18. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Bump for Tricia

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice