Keenan-Lacy Press Conference

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Karole28, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Karole28

Karole28 Banned

Non-news conference

Ok, Lacey made it sound like all of this was leaked before they wanted it to be.

hmm...how could that happen?? Who would do that?

2. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

3. Skigwy

Skigwy Member

Lacy was doing her John Karr impression: "no comment"

No charges filed yet , news conference was a waste of time.
    She didn't exhibit any real confidence case against ConfessionMan

...so just shoot him for prior offenses.

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

10 minutes of back-patting, name dropping...and then That's all folks!

Waste of time.

Go home people, nothing to see here.

This has got to be the RST Mother of All Spin Cycles.

Boy, talk about manipulating the press...we can see now who the masters are.

5. RiverRat

Hah - we did it again......now go post on my thread so we are even.

I DID learn that Mary gets really thirsty. But that's about it. Other than this news was not supposed to be LEAKED! :coffeeup: Karma's abitch!

:hypno:
    RR

6. tylin

tylin Banned

Yep, that was the most pathetic attempt at a press conference I've ever seen. What a joke....spin, spin, and more spin.

7. koldkase

Yeah, but his priors will take him out of Boulder, unless he's got charges in other cases against him there.

Jerylyn Merrit said how long can Keenan hold Karr without charging him?

And IS HE CHARGED OR IS HE NOT?

Today, she said no. But that's NOT what she said in her press release. Or what they said in that INTERNATIONAL SIDE SHOW this morning.

Some people....

8. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

OMG Karole, I couldn't belive this.

Mary Keenan Lacy had this news conference confused with a thank you speech at the Academy Awards show.

All Lacy did was thank everyone in Thailand, in Boulder, in Georgia, ( I was waiting for her to thank her spiritual guide) for their help in this case.

As Carol McKinnley stated, all that came out of the news conference is Keenan said there was A LOT MORE WORK TO DO TO ESTABLISH KARR IS THE KILLER.

She did say that sometimes extenuating circumstances can cause an agency to make an arrest before the investigation is complete.

In other words, for some reason, Keenan felt she had to arrest him before she had any evidence that Karr is the killer.

Nothing. No evidence. Just this guys confession and Michael Tracey's emails.

9. Karole28

Karole28 Banned

Bwahaha!

I'd like to thank the Academy and all of the little people who helped ME be the star I am!

No wait..ahem.

As the great John Ramsey once said..

WTF? Quoting John Ramsey??

10. RiverRat

Aug. 17, 2006 News Conference
    Statement from Mary Lacy

Good morning.

As you are now aware, John Mark Karr, 41 years old, was arrested for the murder of JonBenet Ramsey yesterday morning at approximately 6:00 am in Bangkok, Thailand. Mr. Karr was living in Bangkok. He began his employment as a second grade teacher in a Bangkok international school on Tuesday of this week.

Mr. Karr has traveled extensively since leaving the United States several years ago. The District Attorneys’ Office in conjunction with many other law enforcement agencies have spent the past few months locating, identifying and yesterday, arresting Mr. Karr. Much work has been done in those efforts. There is much more work that needs to be done now that the suspect is in custody. Our preference would have been to complete that work out of the public eye. That is obviously not possible this morning.

You all have many questions that you are anxious to have answered. John Karr is presumed innocent. We are rightfully constrained by the code of professional conduct and the presumption of innocence from answering those questions today.

What I can tell you in a generic sense is that in all serious cases, we work hard with law enforcement not to make an arrest until the investigation is substantially complete. That optimal situation best protects the rights of the suspect. There are circumstances that may exist in any case which mandate an arrest before an investigation is complete. The primary reason is public safety. A secondary reason is fear of flight. In short, exigent circumstances can drive the timing of an arrest. I am not commenting on the particular nature of this investigation or arrest.

There is a great deal of speculation and a desire for quick answer. We should all heed the poignant advice John Ramsey gave yesterday. Do not jump to judgment. Do not speculate. Let the justice system take its course.

Let us continue to do our job thoroughly. The analysis of the evidence in this case continues on a day-by-day basis.

What I can and very much want to share with you is a deep appreciation for the hard work, total cooperation and dedication of many individuals and agencies across this country and in Thailand. You can surely imagine the logistical difficulty of conducting an international investigation of this nature, particularly when their day is our night and our night is their day.

Our role in the investigation of JonBenet Ramsey’s murder has been to follow up on all legitimate leads that we have received from law enforcement and concerned citizens. There have been many, particularly around dates of interest such as anniversaries. John and Patsy Ramsey have cooperated fully with each and every request that we have forwarded to them.

I would like to briefly introduce to you my chief investigator Tom Bennett, who continues to lead our investigative efforts. Also my top assistants Peter Maguire and Bill Nagel who have worked closely with Tom and his unit. Each of them join me today in extending our most sincere and heartfelt gratitude to the many individuals and agencies that have assisted us, in particular,

The Royal Thailand Police, Bangkok, Thailand

Department of Special Investigations, Bangkok, Thailand

Chief Edwin Williams and Sgt. Cameron Rowe of the Roswell, Georgia, Police Department

Steve Paganucci of the Atlanta FBI and the Atlanta field office of the FBI

The Atlanta Police Department

The Cobb County Sheriff’s Department

Gary Phillips, SA assigned to the US Embassy with ICE under the EPT of Homeland Security

Ann Hurst, ICE

Taekuk Cho, ICE

Dan Kelly, Special Agent with the FBI in Bangkok

Jeff Copp, Special Agent in Charge, and Tony Rouco, SA, of ICE in Denver, CO

True Rowan with OIA in Washington D.C.

Chris Sonderby with OIA in Bangkok

At every level in Thailand, law enforcement joined forces to provide 24 hour assistance to our investigators here and in Bangkok seven days a week. We are overwhelmed by the selfless dedication and hard work of these individuals and agencies. We cannot adequately express our thanks.

I also wish to thank Chief Mark Beckner of the Boulder Police Department who has offered to provide any and all assistance that we may require as the investigation moves onto home ground. We are grateful for the professional and cooperative relationships that we enjoy with his department at every level and look forward to working together.

And finally, to our man on the ground in Bangkok who has worked tirelessly for us since leaving Denver International Airport for Thailand with little more than four hours notice a week ago Monday……….thank you to District Attorney Investigator Mark Spray, come on home. Tom can use your help here. We need to get you two back in the same time zone.

Please allow me to introduce special agent Jeff Copp with the Denver Office of Immigrations and Customs Enforcement under the Department of Homeland Security.

Media Information line: 303-441-3842

Ramsey Information line: 303-441-1636

Press Release: August 16, 2003

11. koldkase

Oh. Do you mean THE RST LEAKED INFO?

OH NOOOO! Say it ain't sooooooooooooo.... :snake:

12. VP

VP Member

Aka

Big, fat, CYA disclaimer. :couch:

13. Karole28

Karole28 Banned

Help me Jayzus! I just posted this over on RR's thread. We are a scary bunch.

Also from RR's thread, she quoted John Ramsey in her speech??????

He's been "known" for 10 years and nobody cares enough about all of the children he's come into contact with until NOW???

This is a complete sham!

14. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

IOW, they made the arrest before they had the evidence in place. This will come back to bite Lacy hard. I'm just watching all the hoopla and smiling, because I know how bad Lacy and her cohorts are going to look when it's over.

15. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Did you notice she didn't let John Ramsey in the clear?

16. wombat

wombat Member

She called his statement "poignant". I call it "repugnant".

17. koldkase

Think of the poor parents of children he worked with as an au pair...IF any of that is true on his resume....

I bet they are horrified. And seeking help....

18. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I must have missed that, all ive seen is John talking about how Patsy would have enjoyed this complete vindication. Doesn't sound like a jump to conclusions eh?

19. Elle

Elle Member

I had to tape this Tricia, and I have just watched it. Unbelievable! Larry Posner seemed to speak for all of us, I thought. He is looking for something to make us believe that it could be him, instead of, Mary Lacy's weak replies. "I can't talk about that. No comment." What in the hell was she there for in the first place, flanked by Tom Bennett, and the others, who said not a single word?"

I am not convinced. I know he's 42 because they say he is. To me, he looks like a frighened little schoolboy. I know he's been married and has three children, and is now divorced, and it's hard for me to believe, because he is so childish. The way he rolls his eyes up, in the way some children do. Strange how he couldn't comment on how he got into the basement to play with JonBenét. He replies as if he was programmed. "No comment on that."

I wasn't surprised to hear the university professor who was in touch with him for a few years was Michael Tracey. all I can think of Tricia, is dirty work at the crossroads.

20. Ginja

Ginja Member

This afternoon's BIG question is:

Where is Michael Tracy?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice