MSNBC - Disparities in JonBenet Ramsey confession

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Cherokee, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

It looks like Dan Abrams needs to read his own news web site ...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14399180/

Disparities in JonBenet Ramsey confession

A look at unanswered questions in the suspect's statements

The day of the murder
    JonBenet Ramsey was found dead on Thursday, Dec. 26, 1996, shortly after a ransom note was found in the Ramsey home. Karr apparently told Thai police he picked JonBenet up at school and took her back to her home, despite the date falling during the holiday vacation season.

The location
    JonBenet's body was found in the basement of her Boulder, Colo. home. Karr's now ex-wife told TV reporters she was with Karr in Alabama during Christmas 1996.

Details of the killing
    Karr told investigators he drugged and sexually assaulted JonBenet before killing her, but an autopsy performed a day after her death revealed no drugs in her body. She had a vaginal abrasion, but the autopsy made no conclusions about whether she had been raped. No semen was found on her body.

'Accidental' homicide
    Karr told authorities he never meant to kill JonBenet. Details of her murder imply her death was intentional: “It’s hard to imagine a more intentional, deliberate murder than hitting a little girl in the head so hard that she had almost a foot-long fracture in her skull and then deliberately fashioning a garrotte to twist until it buries in her neck and slowly stops her breathing,†said Craig Silverman, a former Denver prosecutor.

'I love her very much'
    In his confession, Karr said, "It’s very important for me that everyone knows that I love her very much, that her death was unintentional, that it was an accident.â€
    But it is unclear whether Karr actually knew JonBenet. The two families lived near each other in Conyers, Ga. while she was a baby, and then the Ramseys moved to Boulder, Colo. Karr has not said yet what his connection to the Ramsey family was, if any. He has told authorities he wrote letters to Patsy Ramsey, JonBenet's mother, a month before her death in June 2006.

2. Cherokee

Notice Karr uses the present tense "love" as opposed to the past tense "loved" when referring to JonBenet.

JonBenet, as a fantasy to Karr, is still very much alive. As I said before, he in "in love" with the idea that he was somehow able to be with her, and that they "loved each other." Taking credit for her death is his delusional idea of being "married" to her for eternity. Now his name and hers will be linked together forever. That gives his life purpose and props up his very fragile ego. It makes him "somebody."

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

:wnut:

Is Patsy speaking through this peson?!

Look around guys, look how easy it would have been for Team Ramsey to pull off their most elaborate hoax yet! Scary, very scary.

4. Ginja

Ginja Member

I've thought the same thing. And he never says he killed her; he says he was "with" her when she died. Physically, he wasn't there (couldn't be there), but he believes he was there -- in spirit? He's obsessed and in his own reality.

But jeesh, don't you think the BDA could've checked this sort of thing out during their 4 month complicated complex investigation???

What I'm wondering here is whether or not he ever posted at any of the forums. Wouldn't that be special? :eek:

5. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Silly Ginja, the Boulder DA's office takes orders from Woody!!!! Why would they want to start thinking for themselves?

Who needs evidence, the guy confessed. I can hear Woody speaking into the DA's ear.

Quick call the media...guilt trip.

6. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Speaking of BPD....

August 17, 2006

Statement from Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner

The Boulder Police Department is pleased with the recent development in the JonBenet Ramsey homicide investigation. Investigators are hopeful that the arrest of suspect John Karr will lead to bringing closure to this tragic crime.

Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy has asked the Boulder Police Department to assist with additional investigation that must yet be completed. Police Chief Mark Beckner has agreed to assist in anyway possible.

"We are cautiously optimistic with this development in the case and will certainly help as requested," stated Chief Beckner. "We know that there are still many questions that need to be answered and we are ready to assist in finding those answers."

It is unknown at this time as to what police investigators will be asked to do or how many will be assigned to assist with the follow-up investigation.

7. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

A lot of people have asked if Karr could have posted. Sure he could have but there is no way to know for sure.

This Karr kreep kinda sounds like Jeff Johnson a bit don't you think?

8. Ginja

Ginja Member

Cautiously optimistic? I hope he takes advantage of this opportunity to publicly reveal the idiocy of the intruder theory. :floor:

9. Cherokee

I agree. That's exactly what I said on another thread. When referencing JonBenet's murder, Karr speaks in a passive voice ... he was "with her" when she died instead of using the active voice "I killed her."

Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  10. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Why the heck would someone kidnap a child from school only to take her home...?

11. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Interesting that Trip DeMuth just said on Dan Abrahms that he knew all of the evidence in the case, and all the evidence is "out there". So, contrary to popular belief, this Karr guy is up in the night already with what he has said in his so-called confession.

12. Cherokee

So you're telling me what KUSA-TV in Denver said this morning is lie?

>>" ... the suspect confessed to elements of the crime that were unknown to the general public"<<

Imagine that.

13. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Cherokee, I agree with you. I think they have a very sick young man on their hands. John Mark Karr does not look well at all. Strange creepy way of looking and speaking. Can't they see this young man is mentally ill?

14. Cherokee

I would hope so, Elle. It's blatently obvious to anyone with a brain in their head.

15. tylin

tylin Banned

Elle_1,
    That's exactly how I see Karr. He looks strangely creepy...I can't put my finger on why he gives me the creeps.

16. Elle

Elle Member

Professor Michael Tracey gave me the creeps too, tylin, and I'll throw DA Lacy in the ring and that makes three. :)

17. tylin

tylin Banned

Yes, Tracey is another creepy one. And Lacy...sheeseeeeeee. Who knew that at today's news conference, she'd act like she was getting an academy award for the :bsflag: she was spewing.

18. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

I think that Mr Karr did not say some of the stuff that the media is reporting he said. For example, I do not believe he said he took JBR home from school. If nothing else, he is apparently much too "educated" in the case to say such crap. Unless, a BIG unless, he is throwing out stuff he knows is untrue to make it appear that he doesn't know what he is talking about and is insanely innocent.

Right now, the media appears about as insane as Mr Karr. In their feeding frenzy, they have muddied the water so badly, reporting everything said by anyone with a mouth, that we have no way of knowing what this guy has really said and what he hasn't. IMHO, it will take weeks to clear the BS from the truth - and I suspect we will have to turn to the print media for the "final truth." As soon as it appears that Mr Karr may not be "the killer," Cable TV and network news will be off looking for new blood in the water.

19. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Trish: “This Karr kreep kinda sounds like Jeff Johnson a bit don't you think?â€

OMG! That’s what I’ve been thinking!

Free: “Why the heck would someone kidnap a child from school only to take her home...?â€

For a pineapple snack before their getaway of course!

Moab: “Interesting that Trip DeMuth just said on Dan Abrahms that he knew all of the evidence in the case, and all the evidence is "out there". So, contrary to popular belief, this Karr guy is up in the night already with what he has said in his so-called confession.â€

I caught that too. So much for Woody et all saying there’s SO much evidence in the case that the public doesn’t know….

20. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

When I first saw her talking on TV, I didn't know who it was....I thought it might be Pam Paugh!

She didn't sound very professional....merely reading a statement from a card.

Geezzzzzzzzzzz the woman has egg on her face already! How easily she took the RST bait.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice