Massive Prosecutorial Incompetence?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Barbara, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Craig Silverman just stated on CNN that if they don't "have the goods on this guy" Lacy has just opened herself up to massive prosecutorial incompetence.

While I understand what that means as a phrase in its literal inference, someone (Ginja?) :wave: please explain what the criteria is for such a charge? what does it mean? what happens? what are the penalties? the implications for the case?

Do you think he is correct based on what we know?

2. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Who knows?

3. Ginja

Ginja Member

Gloating time is over

This is it, folks. I knew this would only last so long before Lacy would come up with an "excuse" to get herself out of this freaking mess.

Apparently, word now has it that the BDA did not go to Thailand to arrest Karr, they had no intention of that. They simply went there to question Karr about the emails with Tracy.

However, when they got there and met with Karr, Karr burst out with his confession.

And hence, the situation went awry.

4. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Barbara, gross prosecutorial incompetence is defined in Colorado statutes, the Colorado and American Bar Associations Rules of Ethics. Whether anyone's conduct rises to that level, generally, is a matter of fact to be determined by a civil jury.

Do I think Mary Keenan Lacy is incompetent? Where ya been for the last 6 years? I've been posting it ALL over the forums in huge capital letters! LOL Her befriendment of the Ramseys, whom she and every other authority refuses to officially clear as suspects, is the worst breach of ethics ever, until this Karr freak show. Between her and Alex Hunter, there has clearly been no interest in justice for JonBenet these low 10 years. :rage:

5. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

And now they have a mess on their hands!

6. Karole28

Karole28 Banned

And, they're ensuring that this case can NEVER be prosecuted successfully.

I say, good job!
    :verdict:

7. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

John Ramsey's money and Hal Haddon's enormous power took care of any possible prosecution. Lacy has always been afraid of LimpWood's threat to sue the city so she cowtowed and still is. I say, just desserts this latest humiliation. She's in bed with the WRONG players... :nono: Lady Justice is always the sweeter lover. :hug:

8. Elle

Elle Member

Deja, Do you see DA Lacy losing her job over this one? I felt she was insulting the people's intelligence, standing up there sayng nothing, and giving us all the reasons why she could make no comments.

I have missed your wonderful posts, and your expert opinion. :)

9. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

It's BOULDER, Elle, where murders, pedophiles and Lee Hill all get away with crimes beyond comprehension. IF there's any backlash to come down on MKL, it would most likely be from the Colorado Bar Association ethics committee investigating her conduct for any inappropriateness befitting an attorney. Whether they would actually decide favorably who knows. If they did, however, it would certainly open the door wide for MKL's suspension and civil suits out the kazoo. Setting that kind of precedence that would certainly put the city and state at great financial risk is certainly NOT what Boulder officials are known for else John and Patsy Ramsey would have been behind bars long ago.

10. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Maybe not her job, but definitely her reputation!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice