ChamPain, anyone?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Aug 20, 2006.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060820/ap_on_re_us/jonbenet_ramsey_152

"It seems odd to me. If there is an arrest warrant issued, he ought to be under arrest," former Adams County District Attorney Bob Grant, who was involved in the Ramsey investigation. "It is very strange. Whoever is in control of him ought to make sure he isn't doing things like drinking champagne."

Carolyn French, spokeswoman for the Boulder County District Attorney, said: "He is in custody of customs. We don't have any control over them." She said she didn't have any information about Spray clinking glasses with Karr.

2. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

For a good time, after the crime, make sure you are arrested by CUSTOMS.

3. RiverRat

That's perfect for a t-shirt! :yes:

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

5. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Karr was never charged with a crime in Thailand ... and hence, no handcuffs.

Karr was NOT beings extradited under criminal statues and international agreements ... so no handcuffs.

Karr was being DEPORTED, and hence the two I.C.E. accompanying him. But since he is not yet in U.S. airspace, or on U.S. soil, their authority is limited. Once he hits U.S. airspace, I'm guessing that he may be cuffed ... but I'm not positive.

Once in California, Karr will have to clear whatever Customs issues remain. Then he faces charges of skipping out on their charges ... AND Boulder will have to ask California to to extradite Karr. That may take days, even weeks if Karr fights extradition. The long and short of it is that he probably won't see Boulder for the first time in his life for a few days yet :D

Here's a GOOD video 'splainin' a LOT about this issue:

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=e87d6688-bb5e-41cf-9ee6-d5ee0e05509c&f=00/00&fg=copy

...YumYUm

6. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Bet Mark Garagoes is waiting to meet that flight in LA. He never saw a high profile case he didn't want. LOL

7. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Oh. So, he's not really in custody, yet, right? So, it's okay that the little weasel drinks alcohol on the plane.

I am so confused.

8. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Maybe Darnay will meet him at the airport with a limo :beammeup:

9. RiverRat

Oh, you did not say that!

:computer:

10. Barbara

A white Bronco? :did:

11. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Karr doesn't need some high phalootin' NewYork Lawyer! He could beat this rap with Cosmo Kramer's attorney ... Jackie Chiles!

[​IMG]

...YumYum

12. RiverRat

It's funny now......but who knows what surreal moment is next?!

13. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well, since they're giving Karr the run of the plane...hope there are no little girls on there.

14. Barbara

I wonder if he got his choice of movies?

Hedwig and the Angry Inch?

Cabaret?

Victor/Victoria

or as a last resort there's always Yentl

probably getting a massage too :booty:

15. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

The inflight movie "Snakes on a Plane" might be appropriate.

...YumYum

16. RiverRat

Name the Caption!

Do you come here often?

Attached Files:

17. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

JK response: "Don't talk to me I'm familiar with law enforcement countermeasures and tactics"

18. RiverRat

Other experts called the royal treatment a brilliant strategy.

If Karr says something incriminating that is challenged in court, the investigator who was sitting next to him simply says he was never in my custody, said Denver attorney Larry Pozner, past president of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.

"There is always a reason when the unusual happens," Pozner said.

When Karr lands in Los Angeles late Sunday, he will be processed by immigration officials and is expected to be arrested by local authorities on an arrest warrant out of Colorado, said Carolyn French, spokeswoman for the Boulder County district attorney's office.

Karr will then have an extradition hearing in Los Angeles within the next few days, French said. If he agrees to waive extradition, Karr will then be taken to Boulder County.

"If he fights extradition that is a much more lengthy process," French said.

Karr was being brought back to the United States on a temporary passport. French did not have information on who paid for the flight.

After dinner, he flipped through the movie channels and watched "The Last Samurai" starring Tom Cruise. He also dozed on and off, and two guards accompanied him on several trips to the bathroom, each time leaving the door slightly ajar.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060820/ap_on_re_us/jonbenet_ramsey

19. RiverRat

Cranberry's caption!

"Don't talk to me I'm familiar with law enforcement countermeasures and tactics"

Attached Files:

20. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

OH! Oh! I got one!

May I get you a some fava beans with a nice Chianti?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice