Michael Tracey - fingered false suspects in the past.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Aug 20, 2006.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

From newtimesbpb.com
    Originally published by Broward-Palm Beach New Times 2006-08-17
    ©2005 New Times, Inc. All rights reserved.

JonBenet Flimsy

As the case against John Mark Karr disintegrates, attention turns to CU prof Michael Tracey, who's fingered false suspects in the past.
    By TONY ORTEGA

While the case against John Mark Karr disintegrates by the minute, New Times has learned that this isn't the first time Colorado University Professor Michael Tracey has caused a stir by fingering a "prime suspect" in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case — only to be proved wrong.
    In 2004, Tracey, a British expatriate journalism professor and documentarian, produced a film about the Ramsey murder that aired on British television but not in the United States. By then, however, Tracey was already considered a notorious developer of false leads by a large group of Internet sleuths who congregated at Forums for Justice, a website started by a radio disc jockey named Tricia Griffith.

"If you know the case and you watch Tracey's documentaries, they're filled with blatant lies. It's so easily proven," Griffith says from Park City, Utah, where she does radio and voiceover work. In Tracey's 2004 documentary, Who Killed the Pageant Queen?, the professor claimed to have stunning new evidence that was leading police to a previously unidentified "prime suspect." The documentary claimed that police were trying unsuccessfully to track down the man because he had gone "underground." Tracey's film didn't name the man, but a document was shown onscreen that purported to be a police record of the suspect, with the suspect's name and address blacked out.

Griffith says an alert viewer in Scotland recorded the show and was able to do a screen capture of the police report. The image included a document number, enough information for Griffith to track down her own copy of the document.

Tracey's "prime suspect" turned out to be John Steven Gigax, who was, in fact, an acquaintance of Michael Helgoth's, who, in "intruder" theories about the murder of JonBenet, was long considered a possible suspect.

However, contrary to Tracey's claim that Gigax was underground and untraceable, Griffith found him in ten minutes with a simple Google search. "He was selling jewelry on the Internet," Griffith says.

Griffith says Gigax immediately contacted Boulder police to see if they were really looking for him.

They weren't.

"I talked to [Boulder District Attorney Investigator] Tom Bennett myself, and he said Gigax was never a suspect. Gigax can prove he was in Indiana on the day of the murder."

That sounds familiar. Two years later, Tracey has electrified the world with his fingering of another suspect who, it's looking likely, will turn out to have been in another state when JonBenet Ramsey was killed in the early hours of December 26, 1996. New Times tried to contact Tracey but was unable to do so.

After debunking Tracey's documentary, Griffith put out a news release (you can still find it at forumsforjustice.org), but she says she got no media interest from it.

In fact, when New Times phoned her this morning to ask about the Tracey documentary, she said she was getting no other inquiries from reporters.

As the rest of the media feed on the inconsistencies of John Mark Karr's confessions, they may soon turn their attention to the Colorado professor who has apparently yelled "Fire!" in this case before.

http://www.newtimesbpb.com/Issues/2006-08-17/news/jonbenet.html

2. RiverRat

I want to keep this article up front for all to see.......not that I am e-mailing it to Larry King Live or anything like that since there was a link on his page taking comments for Lin Wood.......a Patsy replay is on tonight, btw.

3. RiverRat

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

You see, Tricia hasn't yet contacted 48 Whores to present her evidence that Tracey is a fraud like nasty jameson did when she decided to try to discredit Don Foster. Perhaps that's the problem.

Kudos to Tony Ortega for having the guts to print this, and kudos to our forum goddess, Tricia.

5. RiverRat

6. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

I like this Tony Ortega!

He has dug a little deeper, worked a little harder than most of the media people covering the JonBenet beat.

7. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

The Boulder Burglar

Might as well move this little jewel over here :)

=========================================
    This my friends is the Boulder Burglar that Michael Tracy, Ollie Gray, and John SanAugstine are pushing in Tracy's Docs as their prime suspects, Michael Helgoth and John Gigax dressed in Ninja outfits.

This below is from J.T.Colfax's jail diary October 14, 1998 where he wrote this EIGHT YEARS ago telling us that Nick Lowe, the Boulder Burglar was caught and in jail.

http://ode2colfax.tripod.com/10141998colfax-firstletter.htm
    The Boulder Burglar, Nick Lowe was Colfax's neighbor in jail

"There used to be a prisoner here named Nick Lowe. He was my neighbor. "The Boulder Burgler." Eighty-six counts of burglary. Det. Gosage came to tape record him here at the jail. They took hair, saliva, and handwriting from him too. This was in about August '97. Then I was removed from the POD. Nick's mother had moved to Victoria, Canada not far from where I was when the DEATH happened. Det. Gosage called her there. Her name is Debbi Lowe. Nick is in a Minnesotta prison as Colorado overflow."
    =========================================

8. Little

Little Member

Oh well, if this has already been posted please delete it, but it's a beauty!

9. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

It is scary

It is scary that a man like Michael Tracy can produce shows that air here in the USA and in the UK claiming he's exposing the media lynch mob but in the same token he and his private investigator buddies, Ollie Gray, John SanAugstine and Lou Smit are fingering as prime suspects in a murder case, people that are not suspects, one is in jail, one is dead and the other one called Tom Bennett to see if they were looking for him and he was told they were not.

So why are these documentaries produced by Michael Tracy still being shown?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2006
  10. RiverRat

"Tracey says he expects to ditch his newfound celebrity status and continue with his outside interests of skiing, reading and drinking beer. The media will eventually and inevitably move on to another story, he says."

So we now have admission of non-sobriety.

:yes:

11. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

What a hypocrite. It's easy to see how the Ramseys pulled such a coup on this group of self-involved back-slappers. They're so full of themselves, they're blind to the truth. Nothing too ugly in their academic closed society. Just blame some pervert intruder that never was and take your accolades and have a pint. To hell with justice. It costs too much.

Does anyone really think that Tracey is going to let this go, once his "intruder" turns out not to have intruded after all? Back to the drawing board. Or should I say, coloring book?

12. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Good GRIEF!! I sense a degree of discomfort here ....

He thinks the media attention is excessive??? Yet HE has made three documentaries and is the only journalist to bring the case the the UK in documentary form??? (I don't count Bill Kurtis' documentary because it aired on Satellite - we have only 5 terrestrial tv STATIONS).

I am biting my fingers here to stop myself from name-calling....

13. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Why don't the journalist do THEIR homework and put 2 plus 2 together?

Tracey writes documentaries on innocent suspects and makes money off it.

Norm Early said the publishers were ignoring Tracey's future book, now Tracey's phone is ringing off the wall.....................TRACEY IS GOING TO MAKE A TON OF MONEY OFF ANOTHER SUSPECT

Tracey has played the media to his advantage... and gullible journalist swallow his garbage hook, line and sinker.

14. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

UC's Professor Tracey is a freak and an embarassment to the University, the Boulder Police Department, the DA's office, the City of Boulder, the State of Colorado, and our justice system. He is much more dangerous than his latest suspect. Jmho. I personally would stay away from him and I would keep my kids away from him.

15. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I really wish Tracey's future book suffers from lack of attention...excessive media lack of attention.

16. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I agree 100 percent, JC.

What a hypocrite Tracey is - is he not part of the same public he slams for its "obsession" with the Ramsey case? Does he somehow consider his own obsession with the case to be privileged because he is somehow special and above the rest of the general public? How arrogant is that? I wouldn't like my cat near that self-serving fool, much less my kids.

How many other cases that were never scrutinized the way the JB case has been scrutinized have been twisted this way? How many people now serving time in prison were framed by the stupidity of people like Tracey, Smit, and Lacy? After what I have witnessed in this case, I really have to wonder about our legal system and some of the idiots who run it.

17. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Tracey is a real C-word.

18. koldkase

19. koldkase

Now they're playing "Werewolf of Boulder"!

20. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Tracey is Slime

Tracey's colleagues at CU are praising him like they did Ward Churchill.

They will have to eat many of those words, when all is said and done.

The nicest thing I can say about Bucky is that he finally found a good orthodontist.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice