Ramsey Net Sleuths re-energized

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Aug 21, 2006.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Some believe Karr may have written 'Patricia Letters' discussing case

By Vanessa Miller, Camera Staff Writer
    August 21, 2006

When JonBenet Ramsey was killed a decade ago, a subculture of "Web sleuths" emerged with the goal of solving one of the world's most captivating murder mysteries.

As years passed without much movement on the case, the number of amateur Internet detectives began to dwindle, and surfers who once typed countless theories on endless Internet sites hung up their keyboards.

Now, an arrest in the 1996 homicide has sparked new life in the case that seemed like it would remain unsolved forever. And that has prompted a revival in the Ramsey Internet subculture as well.

Web posts and blogs ramble about whether prime suspect John Mark Karr is telling the truth about his involvement, or whether the 41-year-old schoolteacher's odd confessions are part of the tangled web of false leads and dead-end clues.

While some dismiss the old and new online correspondence as nonsense, a former FBI profiler said a source "in the know" on the case believes Karr was the author of e-mails alleged to have been written by Patsy Ramsey after her daughter's slaying.

"I understand that on some of these Web sites or blogs about the Ramsey case, someone has been posting things called the 'Patricia Letters,'" said retired FBI crime analyst Gregg McCrary, adding that his source believes Karr is their author.

The "Patricia Letters" were sent to an individual who goes by the aliases "Cheesy" or "Patti." Many of the early letters were signed, "your friend." Later e-mails closed with "Patricia Ann."

JonBenet's mother, Patricia Ann "Patsy" Ramsey, died in June after a long battle with ovarian cancer. The Ramseys have denied writing the e-mails.

One Web sleuth at www.ACandyRose.com gives her account of the letters, writing, "John Ramsey states this was not Patsy Ramsey, mother of JonBenet Ramsey, and also comments that he suspects this could also be the killer of his daughter."

According to ACandyRose, the author of the "Patricia Letters" spoke of having communicated with Michael Tracey, the University of Colorado journalism professor who led investigators to Karr after exchanging hundreds of e-mails with him.

Tracey said he's only "fleetingly" followed the Internet debate in 10 years, and he's aware of the "Patricia Letters."

"I know that copies of the letters were supplied to the (district attorney)," he said. "But I have no idea who Patricia was in that sense."

One of the letters alleged to have been sent in November 1999 to "Patti" from "Patricia Ann" says: "The mysterious man remains, yet no one seems to care to pursue. ... His love for my daughter concerns me; at the same time, the intensity of his love and devotion moves me."

Later in the same note, the author writes: "The other side of me says this is not a normal situation. He has said, on several occasions, that he loves JonBenet more now than he ever did when she was alive. ... This leads me to believe I know him."

Karr has told reporters in Thailand since his arrest, "I've contacted the Ramsey family ... before Patricia passed away."

"I conveyed to her many things, among them that I am so very sorry for what happened to JonBenet, and it's very important for me that everyone knows that I love her very much and that her death was unintentional," Karr told media. "I made several efforts to communicate with Patricia before she passed away. It's my understanding that she did read my letters."

A "Patricia" letter sent in April 1999 discusses the writer's identity.

"Wow ... I feel kind of ridiculous about the identity issue. I find it strange that I have been suspected of being JonBenet's mom, her killer, a friend of the family; everyone but her father, John."

The actual author of the "Patricia Letters" isn't known, and McCrary said that in high-profile cases, Internet theory-swapping and online chats aimed at determining "who done it" aren't new.

"There is a ton of Web site activity and blogs and postings and stuff," he said.

One of the more recent string of Ramsey-related comments at www.wizbangblog.com reads: "You threaten to lock me up in a jail in Thailand, I'll confess to the Lindburg (sic) kidnapping in order to get a free ride home."

Another blogger theorizes: "I'm almost inclined to believe that he may just be some sort of disturbed pedophile crime groupie who got himself in way too deep. Just a thought."

McCrary said investigators wonder if Karr was among the original Internet characters.

"There are speculations that he might have been posting on blogs as well as writing hundreds of e-mails," he said. "It wouldn't surprise me."

One woman, who goes by "Mrs. Brady" and "blogged the JonBenet case" from 1997 to 2003, said Karr was probably part of the Ramsey case Internet subculture.

"He must have been. He was obsessed with the case," said Mrs. Brady, who refused to give her real name. "He had to have been out there somewhere."

Mrs. Brady said she left the Ramsey online groups because the case paled in significance compared with the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. But she said she might start up again with Karr's recent arrest.

"I'm seriously considering it," she said. "All the old groups are trying to get back together."

http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/county_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2423_4932426,00.html

2. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

See http://www.acandyrose.com/06112000patriciaanalysis.htm

Guess who the "source in the know" is. :)

3. RiverRat

What?!

"While some dismiss the old and new online correspondence as nonsense, a former FBI profiler said a source "in the know" on the case believes Karr was the author of e-mails alleged to have been written by Patsy Ramsey after her daughter's slaying.

"I understand that on some of these Web sites or blogs about the Ramsey case, someone has been posting things called the 'Patricia Letters,'" said retired FBI crime analyst Gregg McCrary, adding that his source believes Karr is their author."

Who is In The Know, I wanna Know! It is not jameson is it?!

4. wombat

wombat Member

Hey! How do you join them? Do they have cool tee shirts and hats? All we get for free is beer.

5. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

I wish Mrs. Brady would come back. Her website organized all the stories of the day and I loved her sense of humor.

6. RiverRat

She is posting at Purg - stop and say hi to her.

7. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I don't feel very energised. I feel exhausted!

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Me, too, Jayelles. I was working on the Miller trial for a week, I'm talking 10-12 hour days to write about it. Almost done, thinking whew! Going to take a break and get some rest now.

BAM! Not soooo fast....

I know you worked extra hard on the Bloomies model right before this.

I hope somebody in the press gets to actually LOOK at that.

I told Tricia she needed to send that around. Did you do that, Tricia?

NOW is the time. NOW is the time. NOW is the time.

9. EasyWriter

RR, the problem with asking some folk what time it is is that
    they will tell you how to make a watch. Nevertheless, since I am
    not in a position to answer your question with a 100% certainty,
    I will relate some history which may enable you to reach your own
    conclusion.

In March of 2000, while channel surfing, I came across Barbara
    Walters interviewing John and Patsy Ramsey. My curiosity was
    aroused. The next day I read Dr. Meyer’s autopsy report.

Within a few minutes of reading, I knew beyond a shadow of a
    doubt that Dr. Meyer was not only describing a staged crime
    scene, but most likely the most inept, amateurish staging in all
    of criminal history. The mystery for me was why the Ramseys were
    free on tv instead of being in jail.

Since the ransom note reflected the same mentality of the staged
    crime scene, I decided to write an analysis of the note. Totally
    disgusted with the dishonesty and incompetence of the
    “investigationâ€, I had no intention of following the case
    further. I was through with the charade. However, in May of 2000,
    I was contacted via email by Pat Bridwell (Misty). She sent me a
    poem and solicited an opinion as to whether the poem author was
    the same as the note writer. Shortly thereafter, she brought up
    the “Patricia Letters†(which I had never heard of) and asked if
    I would help her find the author.

After hundreds of hours of research and analysis, I had no doubt
    that the author of the “Patricia Letters†was Jameson. The
    argument for this conclusion can be found at the ACR site. There
    is much behind this conclusion that is not on the ACR site. It
    was omitted for sake of brevity.

The crude attempt to disguise personal identity in the “Patricia
    Letters†strongly indicated that the writer also had visible
    writings on the Internet under his\her own name (hat). Another
    thing that jumped out is the psychology of the writer revealing
    a value in deception, self-interpreted as “superiority†to those
    being deceived.

It was not hard to find many posters using more than one hat. It
    was necessary to correlate more than one hat with a host of other
    information inclusive of the content of the “Patricia Letters.â€
    Bye and bye, all the evidence converged upon one poster: Jameson.
    I knew this a long time before Misty posted the results of our
    investigation. I was waiting and watching for the “door closer.â€

It came in the form of a post by Jameson who said she was posting
    an email from “N.†After hours and hours of reading, rereading
    and analyzing the “Patricia Letterâ€, I had a composite in my head
    that incorporated many telling details. The post that Jameson
    claimed came as an email from “N†was damn near an overlay of the
    composite. I had not a doubt in the world that “N†was the author
    of the “Patricia Letters.†Simple equation: “N†= author of
    “Patricia Letters†= Jameson post = Jameson.

Naturally she denied as she said she would in the “Patricia
    Letters.†I gave her an easy out to show that I was mistaken. I
    challenged her to post the alleged email from “N†with headers
    and all so that everyone could tell the source. She did not post
    the alleged email; didn’t even try to claim it was lost. If the
    email she claimed was authentic, why didn’t she post it? She had
    every chance to not only clear her name on this, but make me look
    foolish at the same time; something she would love to do. She did
    not take that golden opportunity. Why not? Is there any doubt?
    She just ignored the evidence that she was lying and went on and
    on denying including she had the name address of the author. Of
    course, she has never posted this name and address either. Now
    Gregg McCrary has a source “in the know†who believes that Karr
    is the “Patricia Letters†author???

“Who is In The Know, I wanna Know! It i not jameson is it?!â€
    (RR)

Would you settle for a 99.9999999999999999% yes probability?

10. RiverRat

How much better can this get?! We have got to get this information pushed harder as I haven't seen a better time to strike than now!

:bow: EW, Misty and jameson!!!

11. EasyWriter

I'm on it, but chances are I will run into that "media wall" - again.

12. RiverRat

EasyWriter

Could this be worth a try? Repost of Lurkers' beautiful find!

"For the moment I will just point you towards something else that could use some notice. Tricia Griffith runs websleuths.com and other similar sites. Websleuths is one of the best places to go if you need an idea of what crimes in the news are getting a good amount of attention — it’s an excellent resource for myself and many others who write about crime.

Tricia appears to make no bones about believing the Ramseys may have murdered their daughter, so there she and I would be in disagreement. However, I did want to note something that has been in a handful of articles published since Karr’s arrest — a press release regarding Michael Tracey that Tricia posted at forumsforjustice.org almost 2 years ago. Michael Tracey is the man whose e-mail correspondence with John Mark Karr appears to have led to Karr’s being fingered as a ‘viable’ suspect in this case.

Quoting from the press release published August 26, 2004:

An innocent man, a man who was never a suspect in the JonBenet Ramsey case according to the Boulder District Attorney’s office, was fingered as the “Prime Suspect†by C.U. Journalism Professor Michael Tracey in his latest Ramsey documentary.

On June 16, 2004, Michael Tracey’s latest JonBenet Ramsey documentary entitled “Who Killed the Pageant Queen?†aired in Great Britain. Not only is this documentary filled with errors, it also falsely implicates a man who wasn’t even in the state of Colorado at the time of the JonBenet Ramsey murder."

---snip---

http://crimeblog.us/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice