What about the Pineapple?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Sheila808, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Sheila808

Sheila808 Member

I can't find any information about this. Are we to believe that she got up and prepared it herself or that she got up and shared a snack with her abducter/killer???

As I recall both JR and PR say they did not see JBR after they put her to bed, was there ever any proposed explaination regarding the pineapple?

:newbie:

2. Tril

Tril Member

When questioned as to how JonBenet could have eaten pineapple if she was asleep and carried to bed, Patsy had no explanation. She only said, "It just doesn't fit."

I haven't heard what, if anything, John said about the pineapple.

Burke's and Patsy's fingerprints are the only ones that were found on the bowl.

3. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

It doesn't fit, does it?

4. Sheila808

Sheila808 Member

Tea

I just read on another forum that just Burke's prints were on the cup of tea and that Pasty said no one makes tea like that in our family. How does anyone think she is not involved???

5. Tril

Tril Member

I hadn't heard of fingerprints being found on the glass containing the spent tea bag (I recall that it was said to have been a water glass and not a cup).

All I distinctly remember reading is that the small bowl containing the pineapple had a large silver serving spoon in it and was found near where JonBenet normally sat at the table, and that the glass containing the used tea bag was found near where Burke normally sat. Patsy said in a 1998 interview that he drank iced tea in the summer, but she didn't say he drank it in the winter.

EDIT: Was a DNA sample ever obtained from the rim of the glass? Did investigators even try to get one? I would think that whomever drank from that glass would have left a good sample of DNA on the rim.

6. Ginja

Ginja Member

One bowl, with Burke's fingerprints.

What this means, simply, is that the Ramseys lied when they said JBR was asleep and they carried her to bed.

What I'm quite sure happened is that the family came home and the kids wanted a snack. Patsy threw some pineapple into a bowl and handed it to Burke....or....she simply placed it on the table. The kids then used their fingers to pull slices out to eat. If Burke didn't place the bowl on the table himself, then he grabbed the bowl when he fetched his slice of pineapple.

They claim they came home around 9:30-10:00 p.m.

The condition of the body places death at ~1:00-1:30 a.m.

The location and condition of the semi-digested pineapple in JBR's system places her eating the snack ~ 2 hours before her death...

...right about the same time the family arrived home from the Whites and the kids had their snack.

7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Sheila, here is a long thread where the recent pictures of the pineapple and tea glass on the table were shown. We first saw these on this latest documentary, by Schiller, which aired the night of Patsy's funeral. We have a very long discussion, details and various theories on this thread.

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6957&page=1&pp=12

8. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Remember when John Ramsey told investigators that Bill McReynolds may have lured JBR outta her bed with pineapple?

9. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

While it's entirely possible for a 6 yr old to wake in the night, wander down to the kitchen and grab a snack, the lack of JB fingerprints on THE bowl tells us she didn't do any such thing.

Burke told the cops JB WAS awake when they got home from the Whites, then later changed his story to coincide with the lies his parents told.

I agree with Ginja's scenario-it's logical, reasonable and supported by ALL the evidence surrounding the pineapple issue.

10. Sheila808

Sheila808 Member

Ty

Thank you all for your great info! I used to follow this case pretty closely, but haven't really thought about it for a while. When I heard on the news that someone had confessed, I was shocked because I always thought it was Patsy. :skank:

Does anyone know where some good crime scene photos can be viewed? I have seen some but they are pretty unclear. The screen shot of the bowl and glass is great! Too bad you all aren't running the BPD!

11. Ginja

Ginja Member

Ha! I'm quoting myself...but play along. Another scenario could have Burke HOLDING the bowl and JonBenet having to go to him to get her pineapple. What if she gets a piece or two, and then the kids get fighting because of it. Maybe Burke pulls the bowl back away from JB, and she gets angry. Or maybe SHE wants to hold the bowl. Who knows? But the kids are going at it and Patsy gets all stressed out and all hell breaks loose.

And were they in close proximity to the maglite? I think sooooooo....

I can see it all now:

Merritt: And would you believe there are some damn fools out there who are now saying that Patsy, God rest her soul, smacked JonBenet in the head because the kids were fighting over pineapple!!!

Tucker: You have GOT to be kidding, c'mon, give me a break. Where do they find these wackos.

:rs:

12. Sheila808

Sheila808 Member

Burke

What does Burke have to say about the pineapple? Did he have any? While I can see her fingerprints not being on the bowl, I cannot fathom any reasonable scenerio that has an intruder sharing it with her (and after being stungunned?) HOW Ridiculous! :duh:

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"Merritt: And would you believe there are some damn fools out there who are now saying that Patsy, God rest her soul, smacked JonBenet in the head because the kids were fighting over pineapple!!!

Tucker: You have GOT to be kidding, c'mon, give me a break. Where do they find these wackos."

ugh! Tucker was pathetic last night! I guess he didn't watch Wendy Murphy telling Joe that there were OLD vaginal injuries! I could give him an education!

14. sue

sue Member

If an intruder stungunned her and then took her downstairs, she would be in no condition to eat pineapple (even if she 'woke up', she'd hardly be cooperative after being stun gunned).
    If an intruder took her downstairs to eat pineapple, that means she had to be cooperative and trusting enough to go downstairs with him in the first place (and I can't imagine too many little girls, woken out of sleep who would go quietly downstairs in the middle of the night, even with someone they knew.
    If she went downstairs willingly and was quietly eating pineapple - what need would there be to stun gun her? If it was to restrain her so an intruder could get her outside of the house, why would he not do that?
    And.. if she was eating pineapple and got stun gunned while eating, I would expect to see some evidence of aspiration of the pineapple.

15. Sheila808

Sheila808 Member

Sue, this is exactly why I cannot reconcile the facts with an intruder. In no scenerio does the pineapple and the stun gun gel.

16. Elle

Elle Member

Ginja,

Those two children Jonbenét and Burke could have started an argument over the pineapple, the way children always do. JB was 6. BUrke was almost 10.
    My two youngest grandchildren at the moment 7 and 4, boy and girl would drive anyone up the wall. They argue over everything.

I will admit to thinking the same theory as Steve Thomas, that Patsy was harrassed with all she had come through, with it being Christmas, and leaving early for Minneapolis in the morning, and coming across JonBenét in a wet, or dirty bed, and losing it, and the incident ended up in tragedy. However, children do niggle at each other over everything and anything, and maybe just maybe Burke lifted the flashlight on the counter and swung at JonBenét, who knows? That flashlight was completely free of prints. Well cleaned up (?).

17. Sheila808

Sheila808 Member

would he be strong enough?

My mother used to believe Burke did it and the parents covered it up because 1) they knew it was an accident [sorta] and 2) they had apparently lost one child and weren't going to lose 2. But, would a 9 year old be strong enough to split a skull in half?

18. epc

epc Banned

Well, one scenario would be Burke was arguing with JonBenet, knocked her off the stool or chair at the kitchen snack bar, she hit her head on the corner of something - counter, molding, floor, who knows? - and Patsy thought she was dead! I could see that happening!! Oh, yes, I could see that so well. I had kids two years apart and there was a time when one was considerably bigger than the other, yet both got in little fights. I've seen the oldest, a girl, knock her brother right over! Just depends on physics, doesn't it?

19. Tril

Tril Member

Sheila...Cyril Wecht has stated that there was nothing that was done to JonBenet that someone Burke's age at the time couldn't have done, and Michael Baden said on CTV's documentary Prime Suspects: Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey? that Burke should be looked at.

20. babyboomer

babyboomer Member

What I cannot get past is:
    Why lie about the pineapple? Why say the kids were sleeping?

Fact: there was pineapple in a bowl and in JB's intestines, that had been eaten late in the evening.

Why lie about it? Why not clean up evidence of it? It's so puzzling. But one thing it is is inconsistent with an intruder!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice