Rachel Cooke - Run/Walk for Rachel

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by RC, Mar 14, 2002.

1. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

The Run/Walk for Rachel

We are finally taking the final steps to get the Run/Walk for Rachel on the net. Runtex will be handling on-line registrations and I have a P.O. box for mail ins. We will also have tables set up at two RunTex stores the Thursday and Friday April 25 and 26. On-site registrations will also be accepted.

I will post the link when everything is up and running. Here is the ICON that we are using. The tee shirt design will be a variation of that.

2. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

RC

Great ICON. Just read the update to your journal and wanted to send a special hug to Janet. That finger has to be quite painful.

Also wanted to say your panic when Joanne had the flat tire is very understandable and it is great to know there are some good guys still out there.

Hugs to the whole family. I will say an extra prayer tonight that the response for the search this weekend picks up.

3. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Run/Walk for Rachel on-line

The information page is up and running on the rachelcookesearch.org site. You can go directly to it with: http://www.rachelcookesearch.org/run_for_rachel.html

The on-line registration page is also active or you may print out the registration form and mail it in.

The tee shirt design should be on-line within a week or so.

RC

Last edited: Mar 18, 2002
  4. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Tee Shirt Design out

The tee shirt design for the Run/Walk for Rachel is on the web site now. http://rachelcookesearch.org/run_for_rachel.html

I did an interview with the local Fox station last night and I am scheduled to be on their morning show on April 15th to talk about the Run/Walk for Rachel. I'm also hoping that they will sponsor us. I talked to their spokesperson about that and it sounded promising. The "Big Boss" has to approve it though.

Our local newspaper is sponsoring three newspaper ads next month.

RC

5. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Not local? - How you can help

If you are not local to the Austin area and would like to participate in helping the Cooke's with the Run/Walk or Reward for information on Rachel:

Contributions may be made to support the continuing search efforts to bring Rachel home or other search activities needed in the future.
    These may be sent to:

First State Bank Central Texas
    PO Box 1699
    Georgetown, TX 78627
    c/o Rachel Cooke Reward Fund.

6. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Run/Walk for Rachel Press Release

My sister, Elaine, and I sent out the official press release yesterday. We already received some replies of support.

At least two of the television stations are going to advertise it during their community events broadcast.

Kelly and I have starting talking about doing it again next year if it goes as well as we think. Next year's funds will be for Missing Person awareness and donated to organizations such as Texas Equusearch and the Laura Recovery Center.

RC

7. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

The Run/Walk for Rachel Tee Shirt Design

The design is by Rachel's mom Janet

8. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Design

RC - These shirts are going to be beautiful. Sounds like the Run/Walk is shaping up. Let me know if I can help in any way.

9. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Run/Walk for Rachel Updates

We have picked up numerous sponsors in just two weeks.

Outback Steakhouse will be serving lunch for 1,000 plus people, Dr Pepper donated 35 cases, Coke has just come on board with water and Poweraide and a local grocery store, HEB, told us to just make a list of what we need and they will bring it out to the site in a truck.

Also Dave and Busters donated 500 of their $10 power cards for video games. We are giving them to the first 500 people who register.

check out http://www.rachelcookesearch.org/run_for_rachel.html
    I added a "new" section. for updates.

10. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Run/Walk for Rachel - Registration

I am sure RC will post his impression of how successful this event was but IMHO, the turnout was great.

Copyright ©2002 Jacqueline L. Riggs

11. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Registration - behind the table

12. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Runners and Walkers arrive

13. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Cooling Down

14. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Awards Ceremony

15. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Bronze, Silver and Gold

16. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Overall Winner - Male

This guy can run - as I recall, his time indicated approximately 6 minute miles.

17. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Girl Scout Volunteers

18. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Sponsors

Janet told us that the T-shirt place had never had to put so many sponsors on one shirt and some last minute ones didn't make it onto the silk-screen.

19. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Other happenings

The "We Love You Rachel" bulletin board was displayed and video's of Rachel were played.

20. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

TexasEquuasearch Fundraising

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice