Karr is a proven Fantasist

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I've been reading some of the stuff about Karr on Wendy Hutchen's website and it's pure fantasy. I refer specifically to his account about his mother's death:-

http://www.wendyhutchens.com/photos...ark Karr/1/7/

Page 2 of the report refers to Karr discussing his mother's death. He said his mother died of unnatural causes. One one occasion he said his father killed her, on another that she killed herself and on another occasion that he (Karr) had been the cause of her death.

Page 3 - Karr's most intense fear is that someone would come into his home at night and kill him in his bed.

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Jay, I'm getting the dread 404/page not found for the URL you posted. Have they taken down the web site? If so, did you save Karr's account of his mother's death to post here for us?

3. Jayelles

No, I think it's because I copied the link from a post instead of from the URL bar.

Try this:-

http://www.wendyhutchens.com/photos/Psych Profile of John Mark Karr/1/7/

It's working for me Chero. Could be my computer has cached it and it has been taken down. Let me know and I'll save the pages and mail them to you.

4. sue

sue Member

The link on your last post worked for me too.
    The Psych assessment does not read like any Psych assessment I have ever seen though. Usually, there will be quotes from the patient - things like "Patient states that his mother was........" etc. And, there is a lot of personal opinion in it -usually in Psych reports with personal opinion there will be stated some backup facts that support the personal opinion.
    I would wonder where she got this and who wrote it.
    The where she got it part is puzzling - lay people haven't heard much about medical privacy until recently, but there were always privacy rules that applied - especially for something as private as a Psych report.
    Also, it doesn't read to me like something a Psychologist wrote. The language sounds much more to me like something a lay person would write. (Especially the parts about John having feelings for the writer). And, what was the purpose of the report? If it was in connection with pedophelia, one would expect some opinion of the likelihood of John doing anything criminal in relation to that - especially in the parts where it talks about killing little girls after having sex with them.

Another interesting part is the part about his siblings - "still has some minimal contact with his two siblings. He knows where they live, still in the same town in which they were all raised, but they do not associate with each other or speak of the past."

That sounds like the 2 siblings probably work in the same town where they were all raised - not like one of them had a job with the Ramseys that would get him invited to a Christmas party at the Ramsy house in Colorado. And, if one did work for the Ramseys, the relationship that is talked about here isn't a close one, so why would the sibling who was going to the party invite John who he "has some minimal contact with" - especially as the party was not even in the same state.

Two things that would be important to a Psychologist would be the sex of the siblings and their age relationship with him. It says one sibling is older and the other is a half sibling who is younger. But, how mcuh older, and how mcuh younger. That (plus whether the sibs are male or female) would have a lot to say about family dynamics.

5. Cherokee

Okay, NOW it's working! Thanks, Jay.

6. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

This woman is a piece of work. Nancy Grace announced Tuesday or Wednesday she would not appear because she wanted to be paid.

Then LKL pays her airfare/hotel to NY and she comes on with a new hairdo and makeup. And announces her new website. Someone- maybe a friend is selling her documents for $1500 on Ebay.

She just wants her 5 minutes and 5 K $ of fame and fortune.

7. Cherokee

That's because the "psych assessment" was written by Hutchens, not an official assessment from a trained psychologist or therapist.

Apparently, Hutchens imagines herself some type of home-grown psychologist with insights into Karr. That's probably one way she can justify (to herself) her morbid fasincation with child molesters/killers like Richard Allen Davis.

I think the papers Hutchens has posted on her web site are copies of what she turned over to detectives investigating Karr. She gave them a timeline of Karr's calls (plus calls from the investigators). As an added bonus, Hutches threw in her own psychological interpretation of what Karr had told her.

8. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

REAL, mental health professionals DONT post someone's "evaluations" on the internet, nor do they sell their logs on EBAY

Another bottom feeder, nothing more

9. Jayelles

I realise that this possibly/probably isn't an authentic/professional psychological profile - but if this is what Karr imparted to Hutchens about himself - it does prove that he's a fantasist.

10. sue

sue Member

That was what I thought.
    It also says more about her than it says about him - her mention of his 'fears' for her, etc, etc.
    Anything she says or releases are to meet her needs, rather than any concern about getting a dangerous person off the streets.

And
    I agree totally with you. It shows he has made up all sorts of stories that can't possibly be true because they contradict each other. But, they still are all represented as true (at least it sounds like he represented them to her that way).

11. Cherokee

Oh, I agree, Jay. Absolutely. That's what I said when this story first broke ... that Karr was confessing to fantasy, not the facts.

I just thought it would be good to let everyone know what Hutchens posted wasn't an official psycho assessment, just Hutchens playing Dr. Phil. Goodness knows, the media will probably grab something Hutchens said and quote it as "a well-known psychologist who interviewed Karr" said blah ... blah ... blah.

12. hyperthink

hyperthink Member

Think about it - this will make for a fantastic movie in a few years. JonBenet will not even need to be mentioned. I picture it being something like "To Die for".

There is not a single person associated with this case thus far that does not seem to be "cashing in" if you will. It's becoming quite the sordid affair.

WH is another person who had nothing worthwhile to contribute. That was plain to me the first time I saw her. It would be amusing if some did a psych eval on her and posted it on the internet. I doubt it would be flattering.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

I digress...

13. amster

amster Member

I don't get it. Why do people crawl out of the woodwork during these cases? Seems Wendy wants to profit.....gag. But in the past couple of days, I've seen high school friends of Karr, past neighbors of Karrs family, ex-wife and her family and the clincher? Thumper. Yes, Thumper. And her daddy. She was in a pagent with JonBenet once. "Knew" JonBenet for 3 days! She's 16 now and not doing the pagent thing anymore. Now, she's into acting.

At least she did mention JonBenet......

14. hyperthink

hyperthink Member

Some people want to be great. Others want to be famous. Then there are those people who mistake fame for greatness.

Obviously none of these people are truly satisfied with their lives. They're appearing on TV to sell gossip.

15. Elle

Elle Member

Cherokee,

How can they possible charge Karr when he is not living in the real world? I'm concerned that DA Lacy will continue with this for the sake of wiping this case off the board (?). Can she still go ahead with this, because his lawyer said he was bright and articulate and not mentally ill? Could the Governor step in here?

16. Cherokee

Elle, the answer to your first question is ... because it is Boulder.

You'll need to ask Deja the other questions. She's the expert on the legal stuff regarding the Governor, although I'm sure there will be a psych evaluation on Karr if Boulder goes ahead with this absolute farce.

17. Tril

Tril Member

I heard on either MSNBC or CNN that Karr had been visited in his Boulder jail cell by both a court-apponted attorney and a psychiatrist... although the report didn't say that the attorney and psychiatrist were together.

Anyone else hear about this? It might have been last night when I did, and not today.

18. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice