Rita Cosby

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Barbara, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

What makes Rita Cosby so damn special!!!!!

I could never stand to listen to that voice, although if she did some quality news, I might have found the strength to listen

She started with Peterson and she is into everything and anything tabloid

What's the big deal with her anyway?

Her reporting skills aren't impressive. How did she become such a star??? It boggles my mind

AND....she is focusing on every person coming out of the woodwork about Karr and his creepiness. Big deal. Move on to who killed JBR?

I just don't get it! :weaklink:

2. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I want to tell Rita to blow her nose! She is a spoon feed talking parrot head.

Frankly I don't think very much of Rita at all.......she bores me and has nothing remotely interesting to say.

3. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Yeah I find her incredibly grating on the nerve cells. Why would someone with that voice choose to go into broadcasting?

4. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

It begs the question
    And...why would broadcasting choose to go to Rita Cosby????

For cryin' out loud. I have no journalism experience and I could do a better job. I certainly have a better voice......AND I SMOKE!

5. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

She sounds like Barry White if he chain-smoked for forty years. I'm sure she's a nice person and all that, but good GOD

6. LIMAMA

LIMAMA Member

Her plastic surgeon isn't any better. Awful nose job!

7. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Barbara,

I have to saythat I agree with you all the way on Rita Cosby. I've never understood why they have pushed her forward to be a "star" if she really is one. I've also heard it said that no one gets an interview like Rita does. Well, I don't agree with that. I watched during that dreadful mine disaster months ago when there was only one survivor. She held court for a long time and interviewed every Tom, Dick, and Harry that passed by her. They weren't the folks in charge and they also had no special information but she made it sound like what they said was brand new gospel truths. It was disgraceful I thought. ANd being in that night air made her voice even more grating than normal. I don't watch her because I can't stand her voice. She isn't that good a reporter!

8. tylin

tylin Banned

I can't stand Raspy Rita. I first watched her during the Scott Peterson trial and I've dispised her and that voice ever sense.bleckkkkkkkk I won't watch any news shows that she host.
    FYIW-If Rita has asthma, she needs to use her inhaler. (And yes, I have a teen with asthma and they've never sounded like Rita.) If Rita has adnoids, maybe they should be removed....but her voice is putrid.

9. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I thought she had a bad throat when I heard her - I take it that's her normal voice??? She's probably got nodules - occupational hazard for anyone who uses their voice a lot.

10. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

No way! I LOVE Barry White. His voice makes me go goose-pimply all over :)

11. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I thought I was the only one, I have to change the chanel as soon as she hits the air. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.I can't believe they haven't noticed this yet.

12. Ribaldone

Ribaldone FFJ Senior Member

I can't even imagine why any broadcast company would hire her. She is beyond annoying. She's awfully good to make fun of though! My husband and I crack ourselves up trying to immitate her.

I have to say, the other person who is quickly becoming unwatchable is Nancy Grace. I don't care what side she is on. Her over-the-top dramatics is just nauseating. I especially love the dramatic pauses where she gives a stern lecture then stops and closes her eyes to let it all sink in. PUHLEEZE. Get over yourself Nancy. Plus, she has quite a little temper and gets really angry on the air when anyone dares to disagree with her. She really got nasty on Imus Friday morning when he said didn't think Karr had anything to do with killing JonBenet. Nancy has become a caricature of herself.

13. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

hahaha You ought to hear Imus go off on her.

He says she is dumb as a rock.

14. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I agree NG was pretty ridiculous with the Duke case also when she should have known better. I can't stand to watch her arrogance.

15. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Yikes! I didn't read the Nancy Grace comment until I had posted mine. I didn't see her on Imus Friday morning. How did I miss that? I find Nancy intolerable..unless she is going off on someone I despise. She is so "got up" and over the top with her dramatics, and shouting down everyone. Her disparaging tone of voice and "roughneck" delivery are also a turnoff to me. She will go off on a tangent at a moment's notice, without even hearing what the other person is trying to say.

16. Elle

Elle Member

Ribaldone,

Is this on CNN? I'm in Ontario, Canada, and although we have CNN and Fox, the programs are not always the same as the ones you are all seeing.

17. IMHO Rita Cosby began life as a male. I wish I could have HER DNA tested.
    Now Nancy Darlin' is a true Southern Belle drama queen. I liked her when she first appeared on CTV, but now she gets on my nerves -- especially that little catch in her voice when she reports on the lastest murder victim.

18. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I've tried not to turn on Nancy, I have. She's the spitting image of my niece, visually--well, minus the heavy makeup. I thought Nancy was great for years.

But alas, she has gotten so full of herself since she got her Headline News show, I can't believe her guests take her rudeness so politely.

Imus said the woman Nancy had on her show about Karr (Hutchens?) the other night looked like a heroine addict from a Warren Zevon song. :yow:

Rita Cosby kills me how she is always acting like she's a prom queen at a dance when she's covering these deadly serious cases. She's an AWFUL reporter.

Did anyone see her interviewing that woman in Alabama who said Karr came to her house to help her move furniture or something? Rita led her through that interview by the nose.

Woman: He heard the news on TV talking about the JonBenet case and he did a 360.

(I swear I am not making this up...she doesn't get that 360 is a full circle and not the "opposite"...and neither did Rita!)

Rita: (grinnig) What did he do?

Woman: He started talking to the TV....

Rita: (grinning) Like you weren't even there?

Woman: Yes...like I wasn't even there...and he said they don't know what they're talking about...he said I DID IT!

Rita: (grinning at the camera) There you have it, this friend of John Karr's says he saw JonBenet on the TV and did a 360 and told her he did it! This is Rita Cosby in Alabama....

I thought I would PUKE! :sick:

19. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh, did you catch her with her tear-filled eyes after the montage of JonBenet the other night? I mean, it was so fake, she was milking it for all she could!

That was kinda' it for me. I can forgive a lot of things...but bad acting?

NEVAH!!

20. Ribaldone

Ribaldone FFJ Senior Member

Nancy Grace is on CNN Headline News channel, she has her own show called "Nancy Grace." Rita Crosby is on MSNBC as a (cough, cough) reporter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice