Convoluted "logic"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by babyboomer, Aug 26, 2006.

1. babyboomer

babyboomer Member

We can all use a laugh, I think, in the face of so much frustration and stupidity.

So here's a place to collect favorite bits from the nay-sayers, those staunch ABR "logicians" who must contort themselves to get their wacko theories to fit the facts instead of accept the simple truth.

I nominate this post from the CTV board written in response to a poster who asked why on earth a pedophile would write a ransom letter to deflect suspicion from the family. Here's the reply:

The letter is only pointing "away from the family" if you assume the family wrote it. If an intruder wrote it, he was obviously trying to point away from himself.

Nobody has suggested that a pedophile wrote the note to point away from the Ramseys--except for a few crack investigators who have satisfied themselves based on the preponderance of (no) evidence that Mr Ramsey is the guilty pedophile.

:wtf:

2. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I like it when they hold a press conference so they can complain how the media won't leave them alone.

3. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

I like it when they hold a press conference so they can complain how the media won't leave them alone. :clap:

4. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Thank you Shadow!

This one is good....John looking for CLUES wants to 'cordon off the city of Boulder' !!!!.....and completely ignores the strange van and open window in the house the morning JonBenet went missing.

Didn't even bother to tell the cops....guess John was busy making BIG plans to cordon off the city.

5. jimswainbbmc

jimswainbbmc Member

I love the people who want to know where the cord and tape went:

John unaccounted for about an hour...

Pam Paugh fills a cruiser trunk and back seat with items from the crime scene TWO DAYS after the body is found...

YOU TELL ME!!!

And that's assuming the cord wasn't a remnant.

6. Elle

Elle Member

Can you believe Patsy's sister, Pam, in a Boulder police jacket went into this house which was cordoned off with bright yellow police tape, and removed many items. Two car journeys were made. This is absolutely ridiculous!

When the female police driver asked the detective in charge, if everything was being listed, she was told not to worry about that! Gawd! When does this ever happen in a murder case?

7. babyboomer

babyboomer Member

Another example

A different poster had this to say:

Why leave a ransom note for a murder?

If the body was found in the home (which I believe it was) the ransom note says something like "we have your daughter..." but was she in the home all along. Is this to say somebody did take her out of the home? If so, how did they get back into the home without being noticed...with a body.

So the intruder did remove JonBenet from the house and then RETURNED her body!! Genius.

8. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

The only thing John wanted cordoned off were him, Patsy and Burke.......and he was successful!

9. Sheila808

Sheila808 Member

my fav

My favorite will always be that the intruder stun gunned her into unconsciousness, then they had a lovely spot of tea with pineapple.

10. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"The letter is only pointing "away from the family" if you assume the family wrote it. If an intruder wrote it, he was obviously trying to point away from himself."

Oh, God. If it was an intruder, he wouldn't have to stage it to LOOK like an intruder.

11. rashomon

rashomon Member

LOL, all this sounds like a scene from a really bad police movie, but the grim truth is that this was non-fiction: police work Boulder style. Incredible.

12. Ginja

Ginja Member

How 'bout the convoluted fiber logic of transferance. Obviously, the fibers all over the crime scene and body were transferred by the parents upon discovering their dead daughter. So naturally, it has to be discounted as the parents fibers would be all over the house.

What they refuse to explain is HOW the fibers transferred AFTER the murder when those fibers are obviously in places where transferance could ONLY have taken place during the commission of the crime.

13. babyboomer

babyboomer Member

Didn't want to start a thread for this...

...so this is as good a place as any.

I went over to the CTV boards to take the temperature.
    First of all, the Ramsey board is shut down. So I don't know where the kiddies will be going to play.

The majority of them are koolaid drinkers. They support Lacy. They hate Steve Thomas. Some still think Karr did it, maybe with an accomplice.

They did take a poll on who killed JBR?

results in number of votes:

one of the Ramseys 59
    Santa Bill McReynolds 2 (That's just shameful!)
    Helgoth 11
    unknown 28
    the world will
    never know 43

So 84 voters believe IDI.
    To 59 who look inside the family.

14. heymom

heymom Member

Does anyone know who was responsible for authorizing Pam to impersonate an officer and remove all that stuff?

Heymom, still incredulous at what happened that day...after the crime

15. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Burke in the background of the 911 call is still way up high on my hinky meter. Sorry.

John Fernie reading the ramsey-note from the outside of the house is a stretch too....

Do you really want me to get started?! :angeldev:

16. heymom

heymom Member

(Pulls start-up cord...puts on safety gear)

Heymom

17. Nickii

Nickii Member

My favourite will always be the big CEO Mr. Ramsey, making Striptease in his garden, at his break-in in the house through the basement window just in his underwear when he lost his key!! Unbelievable and laughable galore!

18. heymom

heymom Member

Now wait a minute, my husband did the same thing three times last week! :) Totally normal and everyday experience.

Heymom, wondering where everybody has gone...

19. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

So, does this mean we can expect a influx of Ramsey supporters trying to register here?

20. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

psst

Standing Room Only in here already.

Just sayin....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice