Question About JonBenet's Hairstyle

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by cindysnow3, Aug 26, 2006.

1. cindysnow3

cindysnow3 Member

Haven't seen where this has been asked or addressed anywhere and I apologize if I've overlooked it somewhere. I was wondering if the White's, (Fleet and Pricilla) could attest as to how Jonbenet's hair was styled the night of the Christmas dinner. It just seems to me kinda odd that if my daughter fell asleep (and she has in the past several times.. she's 18 now) with her hair styled the way Jonbenet's was the night she was murdered. When they said they changed her clothes and read her a story they would have taken the hairties out of her hair to make her more comfortable. I was just thinking someone put her hair up for a reason JMO Any thoughts??

2. I just saw an autopsy photo at another site that focused on her hair and the fact that she was wearing plastic hair clips (or at least one plastic "butterfly" style hair clip). I've been looking, but so far having no luck in finding where it was I saw that photo.

3. cindysnow3

cindysnow3 Member

But doesn't it seem odd that she would be put to bed in those type to sleep all night, let alone ponytails? I know I would never put any child to bed in them. JMO

4. Wenchie

Wenchie Member

Wasn't her hair tied up in several strange ponytails?

5. cindysnow3

cindysnow3 Member

Thats what I thought too. Thats why I was wondering if the Whites may remember what her hairstyle was for the dinner that night.

6. It is strange. I think it's very strange.

From what I've read here and elsewhere, her hair was arranged in two ponytails at the back, one over top the other. That photo I saw (that I STILL can't find again) showed a plasic butterfly hair clip forming the top ponytail.

I can't imagine a child that age being put to bed with an uncomfortable hair arrangement like that. I'd also be curious to know how and with what her hair was arranged at the White's party.

7. tylin

tylin Banned

Yes, JBR was found with her hair in 2 pony tails, one over the other...not pigtails that hung from side to side. ACR has autopsy pics on her site and there are pictures here also.

It's my understanding that any and all photos taken at the White's house on Christmas day/night have never been shown to the media nor the public.

8. sue

sue Member

It's in this thread, page 4.
    It would not have been up that way at the party (although 2 hair holders in the hair was a style at that time - my daughters wore their hair in 2 ponytail holders, one on top the other).

9. cindysnow3

cindysnow3 Member

Sue, Yes, That was a popular style for girls at that time in '96 as my daughter was eight years old at the time and I also styled her hair this way. She just never went to bed with it styled in this manner.

10. Wenchie

Wenchie Member

From the many photos we've seen of her, Jonbenet usually wore her hair down.

And now I'm wondering if someone didn't put it up that way to make her neck visible for the garotte.

11. RAMP

RAMP Member

I have a long-haired daughter. She never, ever goes to bed with her hair loose. She says it causes tangles.

12. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Professionals who deal with sleeping children daily only allow one loose ponytail at the top of the head, none under the head (at the back of the skull, if you will) for sleeping. If you lie down on lumps you wake up with dents and marks on your skin.
    I have always held to the belief that this hairstyle was one of utility for the person(s) who first killed her and then wiped the body down with household disinfectant. After all, this foreign faction that consisted of perverse pedophiles who were fearless enough to spend hours in an occupied home staging a crime scene after force feeding pineapple to a child through an orogastric tube and yet would pen veiled compliments and overt kindnesses to the parents of the victim, this faction would be the type who would be fastidiously clean and care enough for their victim(s) to not want them to be seen bloodied or "ugly". They would not know how to successfully construct a working garrotte, either. They would furthermore be idiotic enough to deal only a bad head wound and not death with one blow, then be freaked out enough to change their mode of operation to administration of a hypoxic event in order to extinguish the child's life.
    It all ties in, if you are an intruder theorist. The problem is, there is no logic in the "ties", and they are about as ridiculous as the knots in some cord which was discussed at length elsewhere on this site.
    The hairstyle was part of the staging.

13. Elle

Elle Member

The body was washed down CS and this may well have been done as part of the staging, to make it look different from when she went to bed. I must check the NE police files tomorrow and see if I can find anything relating to this. It's 2:25 am here in Canada, and I'm up in the wee small hours.

Can you imagine an intruder having all this time, to write a ransom note, create a false garrote, wash JonBenét's body, wrap it in her own blanket, with her favourite nightdress stuck to it, with static electricity? My guess is. it was in the dryer, and the Ramseys never noticed it in their panic to cover her up.

Linda Hoffman Pugh stated to the police that when she arrived in the morning for work, Patsy often had all the sheets off the bed, washed and in the dryer. She did state she thought that blanket was in the dryer. We all know clothing does stick to other items in the dryer if a softener isn't used. Static electricity!

14. Elle

Elle Member

CS,

Photographs from the White's party have never been released by the police. or we would have known a lot more. The police requested the films from both John Ramsey and Fleet White's cameras on the 25 December, 1996.

15. Elle

Elle Member

Great post JustChillun. How I wish I had your expertise when it comes to the medical side of things. Is it you who actually works in surgery, or was that Texan?

16. Karen

Karen Member

Hi there! I just wanted to jump in here because it sounds like you're going to drive yourself crazy looking for something that does not exist and I thought maybe I could help. If you read the autopsy report it states that Jonbenets hair was tied up in two ponytails with cloth hairties. I don't know what the pic is you're thinking of but according to the report there was no plastic clip in her hair at all. ok, back to lurk.......

17. South

South Member

I just re-read the autopsy report yesterday at ACR, and I couldn't tell where the redacted portions were (I thought if I could see where the portions were, I might surmise what might have been left out).
    Whoever wiped JB down, didn't do it for her sake, since they left her in blood and urine soaked pants and panties. Also, it appears that JB was lying on her stomach when she voided, as the urine stains were in front of the garments.
    Was this post-mortem bladder-emptying, or did it occur prior to death?
    Also, at least one of the pony tails had an elastic as well as a cloth tie.

18. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

This is an EXCELLENT line of inquiry ... and one that I HOPE that Fleet and Pricilla will ponder.

Why? Becuz IF JonBenet's hair arrangment WAS different at the White party, then that almost PROVES that JonBenet was awake at some point after going home ... and that is a direct contradiction to the Ramseys' story!

A mother WOULD remove uncomfortable hair arrangments on a sleeping child ... but they would NEVER remove the party hair arrangment and replace it with one as uncomfortable as the one she was found in ... and NEVER on a sleeping child! Nor would an intruder.

Good stuff to ponder ... ESPECIALLY for the Fleets to ponder.

...YumYum

19. South

South Member

My guess is the Whites have lots of stuff they have been waiting 10 years to tell, but they are saving their info for the appropriate time and place.
    God willing, someday they will have their say.

20. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

My 6 year old daughter's hair is down to her bottom (she can sit on it). She never goes to bed with her hair loose - it's a definite no-no. She always has her hair loosely pleated (braided) for bed as this keeps it tangle free. I usually French Pleat her hair but if she ever has a pony tail, she gets that taken out and a loose pleat put in for sleeping.

I wonder if the head wound wasn't noticed straight away because of that particular hair style? In which case, it could well have been part of the staging.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice