Rachel Cooke - Inside Edition

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by RC, Feb 26, 2002.

1. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Inside Edition

Inside Edition is going to do a piece on Rachel.
    They are coming tomorrow to interview Janet and me. I will let people know when the broadcast will be.

Finally, some national coveage!

RC

2. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

RC

That is super news! I am glad the national coverage is finally taking place. Let's hope AMW gets on the ball now!

3. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Ride for Rachel Routes

We should have the remaining Rid for Rachel routes on-line by the end of the week. The Inside Edition interview has delayed it but that is a good thing.

Also, we are starting to Work on Run/Walk for Rachel which will be held in April. More details to come.

RC

Last edited: Feb 27, 2002
  4. Kip

Kip Member

I hope the larger reward and the story on Inside Edition will bring someone forward. I'll print out some of the newer posters. RC, I'm praying for you and your family.

5. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Inside Edition

Thanks Watching you and Kip.

The Inside Edition interview went well. They brought out all kinds of equipment and had both a camerman and sound person as well as the producer/reporter. We gave them video of Rachel and of the news reports.

It may be on as early as next Thrusday but I will post the exact date later. Check your local channels to see what time it airs there.

We are still working on 20/20. Maybe.....

RC

6. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Inside Edition

I talked to the Inside Edition producer today and it's still scheduled to be broadcasts this Thursday. Since it's syndicated check your local listings. In Austin it's on KVUE 24 at 3:00 PM.

The producer said she would let me know if the date changes.

RC

7. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

A Summary

Inside Edition
    Still scheduled for Thursday March 7th. I went over videos with the producer last night. She has videos of Rachel running and singing as well as news videos of her dissappearance and the searches.

The Search
    We hope to have 20 horse mounted and 20 walkers to search a large area this Saturday.

Run/Walk for Rachel
    Tentatively scheduled for Saturday April 27th.

Misc
    I stopped at Best Buy to pick up a few things for the search Saturday. The cashier saw my Help Find Rachel Cooke button and commented "I see Rachel Cooke's picture everywhere". My thanks to all!

Over 5,000 of Rachel's new $50,000 flyers have been posted to date.

Important links
    http://www.rachelcookesearch.org
    http://www.kvue.com

8. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

HEADS UP - Inside Edition

Inside Edition show about Rachel will be broadcast today (unless RC overrides this message.) RC wrote previously that he believes it comes on at 3:00 p.m. KVUE for the Austin area.

Link to RC's diary on the search for Rachel:
    http://www.kvue.com/special/0228KVU...-jw.ffe668.html

9. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Inside Edition

Inside Edition aire the Rachel Cooke case today. Of utmost importance is the fact that the sketch of the possible witness is now out nationally. Let's pray it brings some new leads.

IE showed shots of Rachel in high school, a video her friends took, her roommate, her boyfriend, the sheriff, the searches on foot, horseback and ATV...

I didn't know until I watched IE that Rachel had been in pageant/s. Major difference in her pageantry and JonBenét's though. Rachel looked sweet in a modest formal and was singing a 60's song.

Robert, Janet, Aunt Elaine and Joanne (Rachel's sister) as well as Greg (Rachel's boyfriend) and Bambi (Rachel's roommate) all spoke briefly. RC, your comment about being her protector and letting her down was very moving and yet upsetting.

A parent cannot be there 24 hours a day especially when our children reach adulthood. We live in a small town with very little crime; parents here have had no reason to do much more than teach their children not to talk to strangers. I am sure you and Janet have always protected both Rachel and Joanne to the best of any parent's ability. Please, quit kicking yourself. The blame lies on who ever abducted Rachel.

If any "good" comes out of this type of horror, it is that people here have learned that it can happen here. We must lock doors and gates. Children and women (especially young, attractive women) must travel in pairs or with adults.

Prayers and hugs being sent to the whole family RC.

10. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Bump

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice