Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Exclamation Colorado Governor Owens blasts Boulder prosecutor!

Colorado Gov. Bill Owens ripped the prosecutor in the JonBenet Ramsey case Monday, saying "Mary Lacy should be held accountable for the most extravagant and expensive DNA test in Colorado history."

Owens' criticism of Lacy, the Boulder County district attorney, came shortly after news reports that suspect John Mark Karr's DNA didn't match that found on slain JonBenet Ramsey.

"Unfortunately, the hysterics surrounding John Mark Karr served only to distract Boulder officials from doing their job which should be solving the murder of JonBenet Ramsey," Owens said. "I find it incredible that Boulder authorities wasted thousands of taxpayer dollars to bring Karr to Colorado given such a lack of evidence."

Until now, Owens has been mostly silent on the news that Boulder County was tracking down leads on Karr.

Owens in 1999, his first year in office, was critical of JonBenet's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey.

"If I could speak to John and Patsy Ramsey, I'd tell them to quit hiding behind their attorneys, quit hiding behind their PR firm, come back to Colorado and work with us to find the killers in this case, no matter where that trail may lead," Owens said at the time.

http://www.shns.com/shns/scrippsnews...T-GOV-08-28-06
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Default RiverRat Blasts the Governor

To: Colorado Governor Bill Owens
    TO COLORADO GOV. BILL OWENS TO APPOINT A
    SPECIAL PROSECUTOR TO FINALLY RESOLVE THE QUESTION:
    WHO KILLED JONBENET RAMSEY?
    We believe that justice for JonBenet Ramsey and an end to the doubts surrounding her killing and the embarrassing failure to find her killer can only be achieved through the intervention of Colorado Governor Bill Owens. He can remove JonBenet’s murder investigation from the Boulder District Attorney (BDA), who has failed to take appropriate steps to resolve the matter and appoint an experienced and objective special prosecutor and staff whose subsequent investigation will be unbiased and not influenced by the Ramseys, their attorneys, their hired investigators, or analysts.
    As an Assistant DA assigned to the Ramsey investigation, Keenan expressed her belief that an intruder killed JonBenet and focused her efforts on the Ramseys’ neighbor, Bill McReynolds. Since her election to office, District Attorney Keenan has not involved herself in this case. She has forwarded any actions involving “anything Ramsey” to Assistant DA Bill Nagle. Dissatisfied because the police evidence led to them, the Ramseys’ lawyer, Lin Wood, threatened to sue the Boulder Police Department (BPD) and the City of Boulder if Keenan did not remove the investigation from police hands. Keenan appears to have succumbed to that threat by removing the case from the BPD and assigning it to her only two BDA staff investigators, neither of whom have homicide experience. These are the BDA’s only investigators and are, at the same time, responsible for all other investigations by the BDA. Supplementing her inexperienced and short staff, Keenan hired the Ramseys’ friend, and nationally recognized intruder theorist, Lou Smit.
    Keenan’s refusal to investigate this homicide, or to thoroughly review the police evidence, or to ask for any assistance from experienced professionals was made evident in April 2003 when she endorsed U.S. District Judge Julie Carnes’ opinion that the evidence in a civil libel case pointed to an intruder (which opinion was made without benefit of official investigation evidence collected and analyzed by law enforcement but instead, on unsubstantiated intruder evidence assembled by Lou Smit). "I agree with the court's conclusion," Keenan said, "that the weight of the evidence is more consistent with a theory that an intruder murdered JonBenet than it is with a theory that Mrs. Ramsey did so.”
    Keenan’s prejudice for an intruder theory, together with:
    · her appearance of surrendering to threats of a lawsuit made by a civil attorney representing the people who are “under the umbrella of suspicion”
    · her actions severing the BPD from further involvement
    · her reliance on inexperienced staff
    · her hiring of intruder theorist Lou Smit
    · her biased, public statements
    make clear her refusal to acknowledge the official police evidence in this case and her determination not to pursue that evidence or the suspects to whom it points. In effect, Keenan has set the suspects free. Ramsey attorney Lin Wood sums it up perfectly: Keenan is "making it undisputed that she finds . . . an intruder killed JonBenet.”

Appearing on Larry King Live on May 28, 2001, Lou Smit stated:
    "I believe that perhaps they should get in fresh minds and fresh eyes, experienced people
    that can take a look at this case with an unbiased view point. That means getting rid of perhaps even the detectives that are working on it now. Getting rid of Lou Smit. Let somebody else in there that can objectively take a look at that case."
    We agree with Mr. Smit: The people of the State of Colorado, JonBenet Ramsey and everyone else concerned about this tragedy need “fresh eyes” and “experienced people”. We also agree with Lin Wood: Turn the case over to an “unbiased” agency.
    That is why we, the undersigned, set forth our signature herewith in protest to the biased and unprofessional handling of JonBenet’s murder investigation by Boulder District Attorney Mary Keenan and her office. We petition Governor Owens, based on the aforementioned facts, to remove this case from the hands of the Boulder District Attorney’s Office. We further petition Governor Owens to assign this matter to an experienced and objective special prosecutor and staff whose subsequent investigation will be unbiased and not influenced by the Ramseys, their attorney, or their private investigators.
    Assigning this matter to a special prosecutor will guarantee professional handling of a homicide investigation free of bias and influence. It will guarantee full-time personnel experienced in homicide investigation and prosecution. It will guarantee resolution. It will guarantee justice for JonBenet Ramsey.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Now might be the chance we've been looking for!

whoa...I'm impressed!

Wink

http://www.petitiononline.com/jbr246/petition.html

Looks like new people are signing already!

Hey KennanLacyTracey:

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

I think you're right, Punisher. This has put , dare I say it, egg on the faces of a lot of people, and I'm not talking about FFJ members. This is serious stuff.

Then again, we saw lots of serious stuff go down over the years and nothing...ever...happens/

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat
    To: Colorado Governor Bill Owens
    TO COLORADO GOV. BILL OWENS TO APPOINT A
    SPECIAL PROSECUTOR TO FINALLY RESOLVE THE QUESTION:
    WHO KILLED JONBENET RAMSEY?
    We believe that justice for JonBenet Ramsey and an end to the doubts surrounding her killing and the embarrassing failure to find her killer can only be achieved through the intervention of Colorado Governor Bill Owens. He can remove JonBenet’s murder investigation from the Boulder District Attorney (BDA), who has failed to take appropriate steps to resolve the matter and appoint an experienced and objective special prosecutor and staff whose subsequent investigation will be unbiased and not influenced by the Ramseys, their attorneys, their hired investigators, or analysts.
    As an Assistant DA assigned to the Ramsey investigation, Keenan expressed her belief that an intruder killed JonBenet and focused her efforts on the Ramseys’ neighbor, Bill McReynolds. Since her election to office, District Attorney Keenan has not involved herself in this case. She has forwarded any actions involving “anything Ramsey” to Assistant DA Bill Nagle. Dissatisfied because the police evidence led to them, the Ramseys’ lawyer, Lin Wood, threatened to sue the Boulder Police Department (BPD) and the City of Boulder if Keenan did not remove the investigation from police hands. Keenan appears to have succumbed to that threat by removing the case from the BPD and assigning it to her only two BDA staff investigators, neither of whom have homicide experience. These are the BDA’s only investigators and are, at the same time, responsible for all other investigations by the BDA. Supplementing her inexperienced and short staff, Keenan hired the Ramseys’ friend, and nationally recognized intruder theorist, Lou Smit.
    Keenan’s refusal to investigate this homicide, or to thoroughly review the police evidence, or to ask for any assistance from experienced professionals was made evident in April 2003 when she endorsed U.S. District Judge Julie Carnes’ opinion that the evidence in a civil libel case pointed to an intruder (which opinion was made without benefit of official investigation evidence collected and analyzed by law enforcement but instead, on unsubstantiated intruder evidence assembled by Lou Smit). "I agree with the court's conclusion," Keenan said, "that the weight of the evidence is more consistent with a theory that an intruder murdered JonBenet than it is with a theory that Mrs. Ramsey did so.”
    Keenan’s prejudice for an intruder theory, together with:
    · her appearance of surrendering to threats of a lawsuit made by a civil attorney representing the people who are “under the umbrella of suspicion”
    · her actions severing the BPD from further involvement
    · her reliance on inexperienced staff
    · her hiring of intruder theorist Lou Smit
    · her biased, public statements
    make clear her refusal to acknowledge the official police evidence in this case and her determination not to pursue that evidence or the suspects to whom it points. In effect, Keenan has set the suspects free. Ramsey attorney Lin Wood sums it up perfectly: Keenan is "making it undisputed that she finds . . . an intruder killed JonBenet.”

Appearing on Larry King Live on May 28, 2001, Lou Smit stated:
    "I believe that perhaps they should get in fresh minds and fresh eyes, experienced people
    that can take a look at this case with an unbiased view point. That means getting rid of perhaps even the detectives that are working on it now. Getting rid of Lou Smit. Let somebody else in there that can objectively take a look at that case."
    We agree with Mr. Smit: The people of the State of Colorado, JonBenet Ramsey and everyone else concerned about this tragedy need “fresh eyes” and “experienced people”. We also agree with Lin Wood: Turn the case over to an “unbiased” agency.
    That is why we, the undersigned, set forth our signature herewith in protest to the biased and unprofessional handling of JonBenet’s murder investigation by Boulder District Attorney Mary Keenan and her office. We petition Governor Owens, based on the aforementioned facts, to remove this case from the hands of the Boulder District Attorney’s Office. We further petition Governor Owens to assign this matter to an experienced and objective special prosecutor and staff whose subsequent investigation will be unbiased and not influenced by the Ramseys, their attorney, or their private investigators.
    Assigning this matter to a special prosecutor will guarantee professional handling of a homicide investigation free of bias and influence. It will guarantee full-time personnel experienced in homicide investigation and prosecution. It will guarantee resolution. It will guarantee justice for JonBenet Ramsey.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned
    This is great River Rat and now is the best time for this to be successful. How can I add my signature???

SydneyGAL

Thumbs up Go to the link.....

Will someone please remind me as to who alerted the media first in regards to JMK?

-Tea

RiverRat -

Do we have a timetable for when this will be submitted to Gov. Owens?

Thanks RiverRat - there is almost 2000 signatures ALREADY.....

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea4me
    Will someone please remind me as to who alerted the media first in regards to JMK?

-Tea
    I don't think we know for sure.

MSNBC Dan Abrams says he got the story first.

But it's been rumored that Paula Woodward at a Colorado TV Station got the story first.

Some have said John Ramsey called it in. He was on MSNBC pretty quick after the story broke, on the phone, and that's when he said he wasn't going to rush to judgment on Karr...heh.

I did see one report...I think...where it was said Keenan called John early that morning...last Wednesday, was it?

But I haven't seen anyone say exactly who was FIRST, other than Abrams...but I'm not taking his word for anything.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.