Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I have never seen a press conference start off so much like the first day of kindergarten in my life.

Edited to add: And yes, I am recording on Tivo.

Angry

I love how they're instructing the press on how to ask questions like they're a bunch of 5 year olds.

Oooo, now she's crying and making a victim of herself.

Too bad she doesn't seem to remember who the real victim is.. JBR.
    Occam's Razor... "One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything."

Originally Posted by Watching You
    The million dollar question is, where did that sample come from, what is the chain of command on the sample (not jameson, I hope), how and with what other evidence was that sample stored for those years in between testing, and why wasn't it tested in the first place?
    Once a sample is sent to CBI for testing it stays there. Police departments don't have the proper equipment to store that kind of stuff. CBI generates reports on the testing, but the actual material stays at the lab (CBI). All that is spelled out in CO's rules of criminal procedure... chain of custody, what's done with the material after trial, what's done with the material if there's a not guilty verdict, etc. etc. I'm trying to find a link to that, but off hand, I can't remember what Title it falls under. CO is the only state I've come across so far that likes to hide their rules of criminal procedure if they even have them on the internet at all. Other states have been easy to find.

The second sample was probably tested in the beginning as well but nothing pertinant came of it. It's only been in recent years that DNA testing has become more refined, so it was probably tested a second time or even a third time. Since the sample came from the panties, it was probably tested for Y chromosome DNA (sperm) first. Additional testing may have even required that the sample travel to a more modern equiped lab (private lab), but I don't know how well equiped CO's SBI (State Bureau of Investigation) is.

For example, in the Duke lacrosse rape case recently, the DA had DNA tested the normal way through NC's SBI which tested for Y chromosome (sperm) DNA, which didn't yield positive results, so he then sent it out to a private lab for additional (more refined) testing since the NC SBI wasn't well enough equiped to deal with that more refined testing.

Chain of custody is severe. It has to be or it can get thrown out of court. Since RST stakes so much on this DNA, they'd be stupid to try screwing with the chain of custody. Normally in chain of custody, a sample goes directly from the tech that takes the sample (paperwork) to the officer in control (paperwork) who delivers it to the lab (paperwork)... every step is highly documented. Of course, we know that at some point it probably fell into Smit's dirty hands since he was leading this freak show of an investigation, but since Smit and his evil minions stake so much on that DNA they'd want to be dotting their i's and crossing their t's on chain of custody so it would stand up in court. Defense counsel almost always tries to attack chain of custody as a matter of course in court since it's often the only option of having lab evidence supressed (better to try getting it supressed than have to deal with the jury looking at it and trying to explain it away).

Of course, with all the batty characters in this case from the beginning, who bloody knows what really happened with this testing... nothing would surprise me at this point.

Awwwwwww...she's got a Nancy Grace haircut.

Can't wait for the questions, cause Lacey is doing her best to cover her behind.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Her voice is shaking!!! Please let this bee it.........
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Can you hear the shakiness in her voice?

Sounds like she's about to crap her pants.
    Occam's Razor... "One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything."

"We do not want to compare a mixed sample to a mixed sample."

I see. A mixture in the underwear is okay, but an observed sample known to be from the suspect, which is mixed with DNA from, oh, maybe, someone who sneezed on the bike the suspect handled, that is not good enough.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Please resign!!!!! I can't take it no more - SAY IT!

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Wait a minute!
    Lacy is saying that they DID make multiple surreptitious DNA tests? He was ID'd and located on the 11th and arrested on the 15th (is that correct?) and they made multiple tests from a suspect half-way around the world in FOUR DAYS????

Thumbs down

She ain't going no where.

On her own.

Feel, help, come to us, thoughtfulness, questioning - this should be happening in a hot tub.

This is a bimbo.

I hope the press rips into them.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA... now she's crying about how "people have been screaming questions at her and how she can't answer ANY of their questions"... this is so pitiful, its almost painful to watch.

I can't wait til she pats herself on the back for ridding Thailand of a pedophile.