"The Kidnapping" a slightly different idea

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Kangatruth, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

Hello all..
    Thanx for bearing with me.

As I see much of the kaffuffle surrounding poor JonBenets demise is fueled by the inadequacy of the authotities handling the cae to actually deal with it dispassionaltely and objectively.

Could it not be argued, that the jurisdiction of this case ought to be that of the FBI, if ..and yes a long bow,, you deemed it a kidnapping. ( and by a Small FOREIGN faction at that !! )... This after all is what the Ramseys ( et al ) would have you believe. So why not acede to this..let their own lie become the rod in their backs !!.

or cannot the FBI claim sovereignty in this case..
    if they could it would remove all impediments.. Lacy Tracy and Wood , and the Ramsey clan would all effectively be neutered.

just curious, from afar !!

cheers
    >:~))
    Kanga

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

You mean - bring in the FBI to treat it as a kidnapping?

Well the FBI WERE brought in at the start - when they thought it was a kidnappin. I cannot remember the name of the Agent but others would I'm sure.

As soon as the body was found, it was no longer a kidnapping and immediately came under the jurisdiction of the local police - who told the FBI they weren't required - that was a big mistake as we now know. If the BPD had asked the FBI to stay involved, they would have, but it's too late now.

3. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

thanks for clarfying that.. and yes..that was my gist..to essentially ignore for the moment the murder and use the ruse of the original 'alledged' crime. to subjugate rank!!

I wasn't sure as to who could really lay claim to the case.

My thoughts were..as the RST etc would have us all believe the motive and crime was a kidnap that went wrong (as if ) that this in a manner could be thrown back in return fire as it were.

It strikes me that the team (currently ) investigating this crime has made so many errors , that one or two of these might not be used to trip them up !!

thanx for humouring me ..cheers

4. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Kanga,
    G'day mate! Welcome to the forum.

5. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Welcome Kangatruth,

I don't think the FBI can just come in and take the case. HOWEVER, if the Boulder authorities ASKED them to take it over, they would be glad to do so. They have offered their services from day one and likely to this day.

Boulder has always said "no thanks"

Makes you wonder right? Actually, makes you KNOW

Nobody can figure out BOULDERSTAN!

6. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

cheers..
    and thanks for the welcome..have followed this with keen interest from afar.. ( much intrigue downhere ).

as it happened I was a visitor to the Republic of Boulder last winter on the way to slopes.. and it really did strike me that the place...was a bit "different"...in some manners it was quite nice.. others.. ..well you just knew it was a town apart !!

So the FBI would need to be invited ?? the Govenor couldn't make the 'call' that the BDA was out of its depth..that it was flailing....and genteely relieve them of the fiasco thats been their own making ??.possibly citing conflicts ,and misguided allegiances,that they had hopelessly contaminated the case from within. Thats what it lookslike from all the way over here..still..only an observation.

7. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

The governor has the power to appoint a "special prosecutor" to the case if he feels it is being mishandled.

Forums for Justice presented him with a signed petition asking for that very thing to happen - please see this link:
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=220

The governor did not respond.

Once it was found not to be a kidnapping, and the local yokels took over, the FBI would have to be "asked" to continue to be a part of the investigation, and that did not happen.

8. Barbara

All anybody in LE would have to do is ASK the FBI for help. That's all, just ask. I know it seems horribly simple and unfathomable (is that a word?) that the FBI hasn't been asked to help, but it is true.

Yes, the Governor can call in anybody from the outside of Boulderstan to take over the investigation, including other countries ...er...counties in Colorado

9. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

Strikes me as odd ( but then many would say thats nothing unusual) .

What would the Gov lose..if he chose to play the trump cards.. Please excuse any ignorance of State politics here, if he was teh one who forced the situation which led to the eventual arrest and conviction of a such a profile case... he'd have to be kicking goals ??? be the hero of the hour so to speak..

What would he care really....to tread on a incompetent ??

or am I missing something obvious here ??

10. Barbara

It would still be a humiliation to the State of Colorado for the Governor of an entire State to admit that he has incompetence in Law Enforcement, especially the type of humiliation encountered in this case.

I suppose with enough pressure, he might just be forced to do such a thing, but that would be the reason for his quiet all this time

Either way, Colorado is humiliated. It's now a matter for the Governor to decide which is less humiliating; allowing Lacy to continue or ousting her and admitting they had incompetent LE all this time

That's my take on it anyway

11. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

Fair enough..
    a perspective that he may enjoy though is that he at least had the cahones to bring a halt to the circus...that he places the life of a little girl above the supposed 'feelings' of an elected official....am I correct that the DA is elected...so isnt necessarily a reflection of the politician in the bigger seat of Governor ?

Seems to me..a BIG man ( sorry..Person in these wonderful PC days !! lol ) would make the big call!!..

anything must be a better result than effectively being the laughing stock it is currently...no offence to the good people of Colorado...

12. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

just anannotation to that..

it occurs to me thatfor the case to go forward.... a change is required..

but what elements can change..??

the victim ?? NO

the perpetrators ?? NO

the evidence ??? NO ( well not in fact )

the investigation ( and by that the personnel ) YES

its the only thing that can chnage !!

13. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Just a bit of a (sarcastic) comment here.

One of the charges Mary Lacy had in store for Mark Karr was the charge of kidnapping. I didn't quite get that, except that she may have been using the fact that JB was taken from her room to the basement.

I know it used to be that the FBI only got involved in kidnappings if the kidnapper took the victim across state lines. I think that's changed now, but I could be wrong.

Since Lacy herself classified this crime as a kidnapping as well as a homicide, I suppose that technically the FBI could say, hey, lady, you said it, not us.

14. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

being even more cynical.. as this was an action of SOME SMALL FOREIGN FACTION... would not your homeland laws come into action ??..thats FBI surely!!.

yes...its being silly I appreciate.. but what about ths case hasnt been !!

15. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Welcome, Kanga!

What you are missing is that the Governor is afraid to tread on Boulder and it's incompetence. The Ramsey's Colorado attorneys are a part of the most powerful law firm in the state. Haddon & Company OWN Colorado. There is no one who is not beholden to them, or who cannot be crushed by their connections. One man who dared speak the truth in the case, Tom Miller, was brought to trial on trumped up charges, and thankfully acquitted. (There's more about that on other threads in this forum.)

Please go to the following page for just a glimpse of the incestuous political connections in this case:

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/6502/6d/6deg.html

Of course, the Governor cannot be re-elected because of Colorado term limits, but that does not mean he wants to make powerful enemies who will hound him for the rest of his life, and make his personal life miserable. I'm sure he believes it best to let sleeping dogs lie and try to walk away quietly from the whole mess.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  16. Cherokee

Unfortunately, the Homeland Laws were enacted after September 11, 2001 ... well after JonBenet's death in 1996.

But I appreciate you trying to get us some help any way you can think of. :)

17. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

hmm..

Thanks Cherokee...I see...all too clearly :-(

Seems only pressure brought to bear from outside the State will have any chance..

just need that one media crusader with enough clout..and I suppose arrogance ( handy in that business ) to want to take it on..
    Whomever does it will become part of folklore.. that in itself ought not be the reason for it to happen... but if it helps!!!

18. Cherokee

EXACTLY!!!

That's what we've been hoping, and praying, for all these 10 years! Just one reporter with enough guts, and clout, to break this story wide open which will then create extreme pressure on the Colorado government officials to do something about it!

19. Cookie

Cookie Member

Where's?

Where's Bob Woodward or Carl Bernstein when you need them? I think I got the names right. Right?

For clarification Kanga, they were the reporters that broke the "Watergate" story.

20. Cherokee

Cookie, please check your PMs. Thanks. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice